test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

9. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

722 posts in this topic

I loved how strong he was on the ball tonight. 

Hope the media can point out other things that will "stop him from being effective in England" so he can fix those things in the next few weeks too.

I am loving this player. He's not yet the exciting player that Ruud van Nistelrooy or Didier Drobga were, but I have a feeling that because he has the skill, adaptability, the manager, and he's one who is very emotionally level and intelligent, he has real potential to be our main man for years to come.

Johnnyeye likes this

6 minutes ago, AChes1ofus said:

Cesc has a chance to link up with Baka and Golo and support Morata and Hazard?

I don't think it's safe to use Cesc against very strong teams anymore. He's way too slow and sloppy. I understand that he plays a big role in the squad's harmony, but he's our midfield's weakest element.

Does anyone know when to expect Drinkwater to be ready to play?

quickpassnmove likes this

On 9/28/2017 at 1:40 AM, Cosmin said:

I don't think it's safe to use Cesc against very strong teams anymore. He's way too slow and sloppy. I understand that he plays a big role in the squad's harmony, but he's our midfield's weakest element.

Does anyone know when to expect Drinkwater to be ready to play?

He has been sloppy lately, but I think the big thing is that he is so slow and more predictable individually and within the Chelsea formations due to the fact that he continues to be one of the 3 biggest threats Chelsea have to offer. Fabregas, like Hazard could be a greater threat if Chelsea had more high skill players offering greater threats on attack. 

When we face ManCity, there's a good chance that we will see a stark contrast with deBruyne, Silva and both fullbacks/wingbacks offering much greater threat than what Chelsea have to offer an opponent any given weekend.

Shame we didn't try hard to buy Mendy instead of a quixotic quest just for Sandro.

Johnnyeye likes this

Great performance! Constantly terrorizing the Atletico defense and he seemed stronger and more confident with the ball. He convincingly won the battle against Godin and showed some physical strenght in the process.

Johnnyeye likes this

Perfect gameplan for Morata ... 2 up front all time, for me that is his strength when he plays alongside another player up front not along (he is trying to adapt to the single striker format but it isnt his strength) . Our 3-4-3 was crying out for change with Morata in and have to say very impress with the change that Conte put in.  

Johnnyeye and AChes1ofus like this

I'm just sorry he didn't finish that magnificent run with a goal, but it was tough angle and he was marked. Great two headers again, one Oblak saved, one went in.

Johnnyeye likes this

5 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

Thought they said Big M had no upper body strength, he did ok there fucked Godin right off

Johnnyeye and RoyalBlues like this

Looks like the PLs physicality’s helping Alvaro already. Way he bullied some of the strongest La Liga defending was incredible. He’s stepping up to the challenge big time, and he’ll only get better once his understanding with Hazard improves. 

Very complete performance, his hold up play was actually outstanding. If this is the sort of player we’ll get on a consistent basis... he’s already winning me over. Still giving him a season to settle in though - think he’ll actually be better next season. 

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Looks like the PLs physicality’s helping Alvaro already. Way he bullied some of the strongest La Liga defending was incredible. He’s stepping up to the challenge big time, and he’ll only get better once his understanding with Hazard improves. 

Very complete performance, his hold up play was actually outstanding. If this is the sort of player we’ll get on a consistent basis... he’s already winning me over. Still giving him a season to settle in though - think he’ll actually be better next season. 

His hold up and link play was sensational in my opinion. If this is what he can do on a regular basis then I'm sold.