Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

I really don't understand what Conte sees in him tbh.

Morata never convinced me at Real during his first period, Juventus, the Spain national team and now his second spell at Real Madrid. Paying 70 million for him is Ridiculous with a capital R.

Real brought him back as second string player. Are we going to settle for a bench player at Real? If he was a world class striker, a worthy successor for Diego Costa, he would've already benched that scumbag Benzema.

Lukaku is much better option because he already proved himself in the Premier League. Morata hasn't and it would be a gamble to bring him here. Same goes for Belotti although I rate him much and much higher than Morata.

Morata is 24, Belotti is 23 and Lukaku is 23 as well. Out of those 3, it's quite obvious to see who's the better striker and who has the better statistics at this young age AND stats that count in the Premier League. 

With Benzema signing a new contract its more than likely Moratsa going to jump ship.

I dont see him as a lone striker but could he be more of an upgrade for the RW and give him Edens freedom so they can all roam around swapping?

Benzema deal spells danger for Morata and Mariano futures

http://en.as.com/en/2017/02/10/football/1486708956_952520.html?omnil=resrelrecom

48 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

With Benzema signing a new contract its more than likely Moratsa going to jump ship.

I dont see him as a lone striker but could he be more of an upgrade for the RW and give him Edens freedom so they can all roam around swapping?

Benzema deal spells danger for Morata and Mariano futures

http://en.as.com/en/2017/02/10/football/1486708956_952520.html?omnil=resrelrecom

He does have Dribbling and sharp counter attack abilities to be RWF  but I rather buy Sanchez for that role 

I think Vidal is practically sure to come in summer. Kanté and Vidal... it's one of if not the best of midfielders pair for Conte's 4-2-4. Maybe if we relate on this formation we can find a spot for Morata as second striker/winger.

• 1 month later...

Y'know...I'm just lost for words that we are targeting a Real bench player. Of course, Real have good players. Even on their bench. Morata is a good player.

But now good enough for us. He has honestly never impressed me. Not at Juventus (who I closely followed the past couple years) and not for Spain. I seriously don't understand what Conte sees in him and it's indeed alarming that he only seems to be interested in players he happens to know from his time in the Serie A. Of course he was in Italy as well during his time as Italy NT manager.

But seriously...Morata to replace Diego Costa. If there is one player who's impressing me, it's Lukaku. That guy is smashing in goals in the Premier League and that's who we need to replace Costa with. 

I think Conte's interest is sparked by Morata's pro attitude and elite mentality. He's a player you can keep on moulding and creating until you're happy with him, because he's that happy to improve his game if he can.

But yes, the idea of him leading for a Champions League contender would be truly shocking. I would've thought a brilliant career for him would be made from just leading the line for a club like Sevilla. It seems he's stuck between jumping from top club to top club since it looks good on his resume, missing the fact that an even more impressive career & player can be created by playing for lesser teams. 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Honestly i'm thinking Tottenham more likely than us or Arsenal. It's time for them to act on the fact they've come so close to a league title again, only to miss out due to lack of depth (IMO). Having more options would really appease everyone there. Arsenal fans would be deluded with hope if they signed him on the other hand. Us? I don't think our fans would be excited, and that could be good - he could only over-perform.

On 3/22/2017 at 11:16 AM, BoyBlue96 said:

Y'know...I'm just lost for words that we are targeting a Real bench player. Of course, Real have good players. Even on their bench. Morata is a good player.

But now good enough for us. He has honestly never impressed me. Not at Juventus (who I closely followed the past couple years) and not for Spain. I seriously don't understand what Conte sees in him and it's indeed alarming that he only seems to be interested in players he happens to know from his time in the Serie A. Of course he was in Italy as well during his time as Italy NT manager.

But seriously...Morata to replace Diego Costa. If there is one player who's impressing me, it's Lukaku. That guy is smashing in goals in the Premier League and that's who we need to replace Costa with. 

I think Lukaku would be warming the bench for Real Madrid as well. There is also a big chance Morata would have better assist/goals numbers, if you gave him the same amount of minutes as Lukaku, because he has better numbers per minutes these last three seasons in the league. I also like the fact that Morata is more technical and a better linkup striker compared to Lukaku/Costa. Ideally we could buy Morata + Sanchez this summer and not be far off an overpriced Lukaku. 

I still dont know enough about Morata to make any strong conclusion. But you've got to ask yourself would he be at RM if he was shite? It seems hes in a Bats position and just cant get playing time behind their number 1 striker.

The questions are would he work in the PL?  Maybe the Don wants him as RAM over Pedro?

IF Diego goes (and /I dont think he will) we will need 2 strikers as Bats is bound to be off. Whether by his own choice or ours. If we sold him at least we would have more money to spend. But cant ya just see him loaned to Wet Spam?

I'd go for Rom coming back in a flash. No worries about PL performance, HG, among NT mates and wants to emulate the player hes always wanted to be - Drogs.

But I'd like to ask why couldn't he be a RAM and be like having a 3 striker system?