Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Good to see such comments come out from players ... Atleast it shows that the club did have strong players on the top of the list during the summer window ... Unlike what lot of us say that we arent going after the big names ...

My only criticism would be closures which are arent doing much. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Assumption that Real Madrid player is ‘probably destined’ to sign for Chelsea

http://sportwitness.co.uk/assumption-real-madrid-player-probably-set-sign-chelsea/

Simple, Tuttosport reckon, and throw this claim in almost flippantly, that Alvaro Morata is ‘probably destined’ for Chelsea.

Antonio Conte’s wish to sign Morata during the summer was well covered, with the striker even talking about it since, so it would be no surprise if Chelsea tried again in the next window.

The problems with Diego Costa would also make Chelsea signing a striker likelier, but these claims seem like speculation. Real Madrid haven’t been scouting Porto obsessively, so their interest in Andre Silva may not be as strong as claimed.

9 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Biggest bullshit ive ever heard. 

Why is that? What's Alvaro Morata done to be regarded that high and command such a high transfer fee? Belotti has scored more goals in one and a half season than Morata has in three full seasons and he's probably worth 30m less than the Spaniard. Not saying Belotti should be the ultimate transfer target, just gave an example. 

58 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Why is that? What's Alvaro Morata done to be regarded that high and command such a high transfer fee? Belotti has scored more goals in one and a half season than Morata has in three full seasons and he's probably worth 30m less than the Spaniard. Not saying Belotti should be the ultimate transfer target, just gave an example. 

I think Morata should not be taken as main striker who will score 20+ goals every season. He is second striker and worked brilliantly along Tevez at juve. I still remember how fantastic he was in CL. 

When we were linked back in summer, he would play along Costa, not instead of him. 

As secondary striker, Morata is very good. Intelligent, quick, skilled and has decent finish with both feet and head.

I think he is fantastic player, but people dont see his real role. Much like everyone expects Hazard will only become great if he scores 20 goals each season.

If we were to implement 3:5:2 formation, with keeping Costa, then this guy is the man you want in your team. 

I do agree his price of 70m was ridiculous tho, but then again Belotti is never worth 50m either, never mind 100 (I mean, Chinese club just bought Oscar for 60, so if you look that way he is, but lets be logical here). 

2 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Belotti is a much better target. What has Morata done so far this season? Yes, he is behind Benzema but...why should we settle for a Madrid substitute? 

Belotti yesterday was again great against Milan. Briljant tap-in goal and very dangerous shots and deep runs. Morata at Juve, for me, was so-so (just like their new logo :fist:

I'm begining to think this is the guy we will end up with.

He had his head turned by us in the summer and think he liked the thought of being Spains most expensive transfer.

IF Costa goes it would mean he would be the main striker this time which oif course is a big plus.

And with Conte already signing him to Juve he knows Morata inside out so he will know that he suits our style and able to fit in.

Plus I read in some Twitter that his new Fiance loves London and likes the idea of living here!

RM only took him back to fuck off Juve and for them to be the ones to cash in on him in resell.

Think he would've been a great option to have in addition to Costa but I'm just not sure Morata is a good enough like for like replacement for him. Can't see him scoring 25 goals in the league like Costa will if he comes back in the team.

31 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

if we can get him for 30mil

Not got a snowballs chance in hell mate.

After the supposed £60 mill we offered in the summer (after RMs £24mill buyback) I really cant see us getting him under £70

Id go for Sanchez or Aubameyang and a top RW too

(yes I know Pedros doing ok - we can still get better. IF POSSIBLE)

This is neither compliment nor otherwise; Morata reminds me of Ba. Better than Costa at link-up, but not magnificent. Solid. Made for a poacher role, where-as Costa is more like target-man-Drogba role but only at 80% of his potential. I think he'd assist almost as much as he scores, which would be less than we expect from a #1 striker whose main role is like I said, poaching the ball. All in all I wouldn't take him when you take into consideration how much he'd cost, but I would when you consider I was the first on him; I'm sure I could bring up an old post just to impress myself. When he was in the Madrid youth team and not even doing that great, I saw something in his character that showed a higher level of focus than those around him, so I borderline stalked him via social media until we exchanged a brief exchange of posts which is enough to make anyone vouch for you in later years once you've made it. Can you believe he hadn't seen Dragonball Z nor Hunter x Hunter? Both classics.

I hope we don't go for him. Absolutely not worth 70 million. Didn't convince me at Juventus, and doesn't convince me with Real.

And he didn't convince me when he was en is playing agains the likes of Genoa, Empoli, Gijon or all those other Spanish tinpot teams and a last minute goal against Sporting fucking Lisbon because BBC couldn't fucking do it.

People bash Lukaku, but he has proven to be a Premier League scoring striker and Morata could easily flop here. 70m for Morata or Lukaku? Lukaku all day.

1 hour ago, BoyBlue96 said:

I hope we don't go for him. Absolutely not worth 70 million. Didn't convince me at Juventus, and doesn't convince me with Real.

And he didn't convince me when he was en is playing agains the likes of Genoa, Empoli, Gijon or all those other Spanish tinpot teams and a last minute goal against Sporting fucking Lisbon because BBC couldn't fucking do it.

People bash Lukaku, but he has proven to be a Premier League scoring striker and Morata could easily flop here. 70m for Morata or Lukaku? Lukaku all day.

I would be happy with Sanchez,Rom or Morata myself.

But I think we should start looking for the positives of Morata as I reckon Contes set his sights on him. You gotta think he  knows him really well and knows if he would suit us. We might look at him a bit meh but I think if Conte wants him theres good reasons for it.

So why not go for the Diego swap?