test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

9. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

565 posts in this topic
11 minutes ago, communicate said:

Honestly other than against Burnley where I thought his overall game is decent, he has not played well for us yet 3 goals, 2 assists.

It is getting harder to judge his game

Better than someone, who took like 20 games to score his first goal for us!

Torres would have been bullied by Morgan all day long, but Morata didn´t lose his cool after some lost duels against Morgan and scored another brilliant header. 

King11Didier and blueblood22 like this

I honestly think some of you are overreacting. You can't expect all pieces to click straight away, and I think a lot of them are clicking already in fact. 

A lot of the work is done when the camera isn't on the player as well. He caused Leicester a lot of trouble. Had a few good chances, but Morgan today was throwing himself at everything, and in this case, somehow managed to get one of his limbs behind nearly every shot. 

The game in general was quite sloppy, so some of the service coming to him wasn't great. As usual, Willian messed up a few balls that could have gone to him, and Baka messed up the counter attack with a terribly slow ball that got picked off. A better pass, and he is through on goal for another one. 

I've seen this kind of talk with every single one of our strikers in the past. Costa got it obviously. Even Drogs. They're doing plenty out there, and if they're scoring, they're doing fine. 

3 goals and 2 assists in 4 games. Not even 4 full games... If we were going to look at those numbers objectively, any way you cut it, he is flying. Speaks volumes about him and his potential as a player. 

Barbara and Chelsea Legend 11 like this

Just now, Blusan Alamb said:

Chelsea spokesman says anti-Semitic language in Morata fan chant is "not acceptable" & he doesn't want to be associated with it #cfc

What's the Morata song? Couldn't make out the words..

I thought he was the Man of the Match today. Superb striker performance considering how much he was isolated up front with that 3-5-1-1 formation. His style of play and technical quality is so much in sync with the way we play and with our other players. So much more pleasing to the eye than Costa's street-fighter style and arguably even more effective. It was all what we say from him in Madrid and Juve but it's nice to actually see it for us on the pitch. He's going to have a lot of fun with Eden, Willian, Pedro and Cesc this season. A lot. 

simonez, Adnane, Blue Armour and 1 other like this

He made a great run for Fabregas's excellent pass early on. It looked like a bad miss, but its actually not easy to control the ball when it comes sharply at you from behind your shoulder.

He could have scored a goal when Morgan made an excellent block.

He scored when the game was still 0-0.

He should have won us a penalty when the handball happened.

There were other good things he did as well, but the above four were imo his biggest contributions, and they show that he had a strong impact in the game. Pedro and Fabregas struggled to support him further up the pitch, so I think he did well all things considered.

Yeboii and Thor like this

For a striker moving at his fee it's much more important that he's scoring goals early on and helping us win matches then just playing well and contributing generally.

He's clearly got an abundance of talent which will sync with our other players in time. The biggest question mark was always how consistent can he score goals and he's proving that at the moment emphatically.

And Alvaro can do better as well! 

He really needs to work on his confidence of using that left foot. Could have had a hattrick and an assist if he's more comfortable with it.

Blusan Alamb and Barbara like this

I thought they were saying "To play at Stamford Bridge" instead of "he fucking hates the yids" which is still a shit song, but at least it won't get you cautioned by the police...