test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

9. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

565 posts in this topic
7 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

“I have to battle with opposing central defenders, and over here they are far stronger physically than in any other country,” Morata told Spanish newspaper El Pais about PL.

“But it is fair to say that they are in a mess with their tactics and they offer me the chance to score goals as they get confused.

“The game here is different to what I know. 

“In Spain you have time to think and keep hold of the ball, but over here, by the time you’ve got possession you’ve already taken a couple of kicks from opponents.

“In Spain when you turn with the ball you have time to look up at the keeper and see where to aim. Here you just have to shoot straight away, but this helps make the Premier League attractive to watch.”

Basicaly means on the long term either he will adopt or he will not succeed. 

Hopefuly he will be our striker for at least next 5 years, so we can focus on other areas.

RoyalBlues and Chelsea? like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but this bloke hasn't really done anything with his feet since getting here. lol...

2 goals - headers...

2 assists - with his head. 

1 big missed opportunity in the Spurs game - a header. 

 

Imagine once he actually starts kicking the thing. He has been going easy on the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/08/2017 at 3:36 PM, Rekin said:

He is still lacking in fitness imo, one of the most stationary offensive players we have, but I really think he is a quality player. He did pretty well on the ball today, and added another G+A to his tally.

Even though we have had a tougher schedule than Man Utd and bigger problems with our squad and red cards, Morata has already more points to his name than Lukaku. He has also played less. 

Morata is currently on 47 min/point, while Lukaku is on 90 min/point. 

Hello Rekin,

What is that stat all about? I've never heard of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 5:18 AM, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Taken Costa's spot at Chelsea AND Spain.:)

Morata is a much better striker for spain to costa.

Imagine building a technical side and your striker is Diego Costa, who is brilliant but not technical

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, communicate said:

Morata is a much better striker for spain to costa.

Imagine building a technical side and your striker is Diego Costa, who is brilliant but not technical

I honestly think he is a better player. 

Not that Costa isn't a great striker, Morata is just so much more well rounded. 

Funnily enough I find it hilarious some of the commentators have mentioned Costa's hold up play being better... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thor said:

I honestly think he is a better player. 

Not that Costa isn't a great striker, Morata is just so much more well rounded. 

Funnily enough I find it hilarious some of the commentators have mentioned Costa's hold up play being better... 

I am not sure about better. Costa is a very physical player, he won us a few games ladt season where we were not playing well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello Rekin,

What is that stat all about? I've never heard of it.

Hi.

I assume youre being sarcastic?

I was just comparing G+A per min played, seeing as Morata vs Lukaku was such a big debate this summer. 

Anyway, not his best game tonight but another goal and if he was a bit more lucky it could have been more. Overall nice link up play a couple of times, but went down too easily as well.

 

Blusan Alamb likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, communicate said:

Honestly other than against Burnley where I thought his overall game is decent, he has not played well for us yet 3 goals, 2 assists.

It is getting harder to judge his game

Imagine once he fully adjusts and improves. It is a good sign that he's putting up numbers while not being exactly world class. He can only get better.

The Skipper and DDA like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you take away those headers he just wasn't good enough in those 4 games. Seems clumsy when needs to shot, not good decision making. Hope he can improve...

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My main worry with Morata was will he provide goals when he isn't playing that well? The answer is a resounding yes so far. Still needs to get used to the pace of the league... so I think he'll be much better next season. He came at the right age. The PL might be the proper making of him. 

OhForAGreavsie likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, manpe said:

Imagine once he fully adjusts and improves. It is a good sign that he's putting up numbers while not being exactly world class. He can only get better.

Hopefully because other than his goal, he has been poor.

I feel like he is still confused of what to do unlike Diego who I thought was natural from the start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, communicate said:

Hopefully because other than his goal, he has been poor.

I feel like he is still confused of what to do unlike Diego who I thought was natural from the start

Yeah he definitely seems a bit confused and too timid at times. No worries, he's gaining confidence and will adapt eventually. He will come good, you can see the potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Skipper said:

My main worry with Morata was will he provide goals when he isn't playing that well? The answer is a resounding yes so far. Still needs to get used to the pace of the league... so I think he'll be much better next season. He came at the right age. The PL might be the proper making of him. 

Agree, he will be much better next season. This season will be a major adjustment for him. You can tell he is struggling with physicality of the league and how to combine with other player except Azpi

kellzfresh and Blusan Alamb like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.