Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

21 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

If we are that desperate for him, or Conte is, likelihood is we will up it by 5-10m euros.  It is a mental fee though.

Seems we dont want another disaster summer and are opening the wallet.  IF we got Morata, we are already at almost £90m with him and Batshuayi before we have got a CB and CM.

As someone posted, does make you wonder why Jose wasnt backed as heavily, although I kind of see why the board thought the same squad could win it again, but we still needed some major work.  Did anyone know in Conte's first season at Juve he signed 18 players lol  That is just insane

Just now, Fernando said:

I think because it was the third season. I guarantee at the third season of Conte it will be the same. 

10 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

60m? Worst signing ever! He's not better than Mandzukic.

After finishing 10th in EPL and setting so many negative records i dont mind us signing morata who has proved himself on the biggest stage at an early age for a huge fee because we need to react after a rotten season. If he leads us to UCL final like mandzukic at bayern and juve i wouldnt mind. Its unproven players like andre gomes that i do not want us to overpay for. Look how much manu have and are still spending in desperation since end of fergie era. We realistically need to spend at all costs on proven players or players with pedigree to get back up.

1 minute ago, meetdoscar said:

After finishing 10th in EPL and setting so many negative records i dont mind us signing morata who has proved himself on the biggest stage at an early age for a huge fee because we need to react after a rotten season. If he leads us to UCL final like mandzukic at bayern and juve i wouldnt mind. Its unproven players like andre gomes that i do not want us to overpay for. Look how much manu have and are still spending in desperation since end of fergie era. We realistically need to spend at all costs on proven players or players with pedigree to get back up.

We have Costa and Batshuayi. Both are good. Strikers are not problem.

Sell Costa for 30m and sign Morata for 60m? This is stupid.

60m for a bench-warmer in Juventus?

Keep money and buy a good CM and  CB.

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE FERNANDO TORRES SITUATION ALL OVER AGAIN.

PAY OVER 50 MILLION AND GIVE HIM THE CURSED NUMBER 9 JERSEY.

PAYING OVER 50 MILLION TO A PLAYER THAT HASN'T PROVED IT IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

EDIT : SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS/NOT SHOUTING/I PREFER TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

2 minutes ago, KevinAshburner said:

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE FERNANDO TORRES SITUATION ALL OVER AGAIN.

PAY OVER 50 MILLION AND GIVE HIM THE CURSED NUMBER 9 JERSEY.

PAYING OVER 50 MILLION TO A PLAYER THAT HASN'T PROVED IT IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.

EDIT : SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS/NOT SHOUTING/I PREFER TYPING IN ALL CAPS.

Is this a joke? 

8 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

You don't know what you're talking about do you.

Conte plays with 2 strikers so having 4 options is great 

Who is saying we are selling Costa let alone for £30m?

£50m for a young striker who has scored on the biggest stages. scored and assisted a decent amount from the bench. The Spanish 1st choice striker. Someone who has the potential to be word class.

Who said we cant buy a good CM and CB as well? 

Stop reading too much into the prices. Watford rejected 25m for deeney. Mane cost 38m. Ighalo was valued at 38.5m 

56 minutes ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

No one is selling costa and he is our no. 1 striker.

Having costa, morata and batshuayi could give us one of the best strike force in EPL for years to come.

Imagine if we had signed a young suarez or aguerro or torres before his peak. Now we have such an opportunity even after a rotten season.

This imo is an opportunity to have two amongst the worlds best young strikers in batsman and morata.

We are as good as certain to sign a midfielder and a defender.

We should spend up to 150m pounds after all we also have fringe players to sell to reduce our net spend.

23 minutes ago, Diego said:

You don't know what you're talking about do you.

Conte plays with 2 strikers so having 4 options is great 

Who is saying we are selling Costa let alone for £30m?

£50m for a young striker who has scored on the biggest stages. scored and assisted a decent amount from the bench. The Spanish 1st choice striker. Someone who has the potential to be word class.

Who said we cant buy a good CM and CB as well? 

Stop reading too much into the prices. Watford rejected 25m for deeney. Mane cost 38m. Ighalo was valued at 38.5m 

Costa-Batshuayi in XI squad. Traore is substitute role. Buy someone like Pelle for substitute role is better.

If he was good, he'd be a bench-warmer in Juventus.

I don't care about Watford and Liverpool, just Chelsea and FFP.

Just now, Chelsea_firstlove said:

Costa-Batshuayi in XI squad. Traore is substitute role. Buy someone like Pelle for substitute role is better.

You don't know half the things going on in the world.

Pelle is going to China. The deal is sealed. 

Costa Batshuayi are good, but given Costa's injury proneness, we need someone better than Traore to come in cause Costa is out for at least 3 months through injuries every season. Traore is not Morata. 

He wasn't a bench warmer at Juventus cause he is bad, he was there cause Dybala is just that good. Morata works really hard and is a very good player, just needs to polish his finishing more but that'll come with experience. 

1 minute ago, Chelsea_firstlove said:

oh dear :doh:

You should care what others are spending, it buts everything into perspective.

"If he was good, he'd be a bench-warmer in Juventus." clearly you haven't watched him much.

if you think Costa-Bat-Traore-Pelle is better than Costa-Bat-Traore-Morata Then you're a bit silly 

Just now, AK-3001 said:

You don't know half the things going on in the world.

Pelle is going to China. The deal is sealed. 

Costa Batshuayi are good, but given Costa's injury proneness, we need someone better than Traore to come in cause Costa is out for at least 3 months through injuries every season. Traore is not Morata. 

He wasn't a bench warmer at Juventus cause he is bad, he was there cause Dybala is just that good. Morata works really hard and is a very good player, just needs to polish his finishing more but that'll come with experience. 

"Buy someone like Pelle" is not mean buy Pelle.

He is not bad, but he do not deserved for 60m.

Also, just in case you didn't know. Here are his appearances for his last 5 games at Juventus

AC Milan 1-2 Juventus   67'   -  1 assist

Juventus 4-0 Palermo 22'  -  2 assists

Fiorentina 1-2 Juventus 20'  -  1 goal

Juventus 2 -0 Carpi 45' - Blank

AC Milan 0-1 Juventus Came on as a substitute and scored in Extra time with his first touch

2 goals and 3 assists in less 180 minutes. That's more than what you can wish for.

9 minutes ago, Diego said:

oh dear :doh:

You should care what others are spending, it buts everything into perspective.

"If he was good, he'd be a bench-warmer in Juventus." clearly you haven't watched him much.

if you think Costa-Bat-Traore-Pelle is better than Costa-Bat-Traore-Morata Then you're a bit silly 

"Costa-Bat-Traore-Pelle is better than Costa-Bat-Traore-Morata " Sure, I don't think so. But Costa-Bat-Traore-Pelle-(someone like)Kante-Bonucci > Costa-Bat-Traore-Morata-shit-shit (FFP)