Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

I don't quite get the idea of signing Michy AND Morata means Costa is leaving. It's pretty obvious Conte would like the 2 strikers formation and to think Michy will be a dead-on starter paired with Costa is a bit naive. Morata on the other hand is more capable to lead the line than Michy imo and Michy can start his Chelsea career as a super sub.

34 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

I don't quite get the idea of signing Michy AND Morata means Costa is leaving. It's pretty obvious Conte would like the 2 strikers formation and to think Michy will be a dead-on starter paired with Costa is a bit naive. Morata on the other hand is more capable to lead the line than Michy imo and Michy can start his Chelsea career as a super sub.

exactly! just to emphasize that costa isn't leaving:

Diego Costa '100 per cent' staying at Chelsea to be part of new revolution under Antonio Conte -Telegraph

3 minutes ago, J.F. said:

93 games for juventus and 27 goals. price 75M? WHAT THE FUCK?! another guy who isn't 25+ goals per season player lol

If Costa stays and Bats settles well he won't need to be a pristine goalscorer.

Dennis Bergkamp averaged one in four at Arsenal, Gudjohnsen one in there and a half here, to put some perspective in play.

11 minutes ago, J.F. said:

93 games for juventus and 27 goals. price 75M? WHAT THE FUCK?! another guy who isn't 25+ goals per season player lol

those goals came in a CL final , SF, italian cup final ect. big game players

In addition, if we take injuries into consideration, a striker force of Costa, Morata, Michy and Traore just barely reach the minimum requirement of a two strikers system. Each of them will get plenty of game time. Costa will be a dead-on starter if he stays fit and Morata & Michy will be on rotation based on form while Traore can get his play time from domestic games.

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

A little worrying if we're spending so much on strikers, and our first two signings are going to be strikers.
Where are those CM, CB, FB.

Doesn't matter. Let's just out score the cunts. Attack is the best defense.

21 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Dennis Bergkamp averaged one in four at Arsenal, Gudjohnsen one in there and a half here, to put some perspective in play.

Completely different cases. Morata doesn't possess Gudjohnsen's technique and vision, let alone Bergkamp, a player who lifted the level of his entire team. Morata is a Torres-type striker without the goal-scoring touch, at least not yet.

If spending ridiculous money on Morata doesn't mean a lack of reinforcements in midfield and defence (and offloading Costa) I'm all for this. How he commands such a fee and how any club would be willing to pay that fee I will never understand. Up there with the Sterling transfer or the infamous Stones valuation.

11 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Completely different cases. Morata doesn't possess Gudjohnsen's technique and vision, let alone Bergkamp, a player who lifted the level of his entire team. Morata is a Torres-type striker without the goal-scoring touch, at least not yet.

If spending ridiculous money on Morata doesn't mean a lack of reinforcements in midfield and defence (and offloading Costa) I'm all for this. How he commands such a fee and how any club would be willing to pay that fee I will never understand. Up there with the Sterling transfer or the infamous Stones valuation.

Sterling and Stones' valuations are ridiculous because they've proven and accomplished fuck all. They cost £50m only because they're English. Morata's valuation is crazy too but he's played for two of the biggest clubs in the world and scored goals in huge matches. He's also the starting #9 for Spain and proved that he can cut it at international level unlike Sterling and Stones.

We have to start looking past high fees now. The game has changed with the TV deal. Sadio Mane just went for nearly £40m, ffs.

3 hours ago, Pizy said:

Sterling and Stones' valuations are ridiculous because they've proven and accomplished fuck all. They cost £50m only because they're English. Morata's valuation is crazy too but he's played for two of the biggest clubs in the world and scored goals in huge matches. He's also the starting #9 for Spain and proved that he can cut it at international level unlike Sterling and Stones.

We have to start looking past high fees now. The game has changed with the TV deal. Sadio Mane just went for nearly £40m, ffs.

Morata has played for two of the biggest clubs of the world but he was a back-up and rotation option for both those clubs, which is a testament to his quality. He has scored goals in big games but that doesn't mean much when you don't score regularly imo. Ideally, you want a striker who scores in both 'small' and big games but as a top side you play a dozen genuine big games in a 45-60 games season.

He did become Spain's starting this summer but that's basically by default though. His competition is Costa, who has been joke for Spain really and Aduriz, a 35-year-old poacher with a limited skill set. Then there's the likes of Torres and Paco but the lesser said about them, the better.

I don't have a problem with the fee but I just don't get it. And I can't help but smell desperation and I'm sure Real smell it too. Because I wonder what other clubs are so willing to pay 50 mil+ for him? Utd? Nope. City? Don't think so? Arsenal? Haha. Or is Chelsea competing with the likes of Crystal Palace and West Ham?

1 hour ago, DYC. said:

Fair play, I  must have watched the right/wrong games because I was impressed with his game when I saw him.

Either way, pull him off and we will have our strongest strike force since the double season, far cry from 33 year old Eto'o being the only decent one.

11 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Fair play, I  must have watched the right/wrong games because I was impressed with his game when I saw him.

Either way, pull him off and we will have our strongest strike force since the double season, far cry from 33 year old Eto'o being the only decent one.

"33"

Anyway.

Chelsea are not breaking their transfer record for Morata.

I don't know how you can believe that Chelsea just like that will part their ways with 75m€.

Chelsea are master at getting good deal. If it happens, it will be much less money. Real will profit at this anyway.

I'm not too angry tbh because there are positive reports about Koulibaly and Kante.

But would be hilarious situation when Chelsea sign 2 strikers before Arsenal get 1 :)

Morata, Batman and Pelle I will will fucking take that all day long. If Costa wants out and he will only be sold if he actually does want out then fine.

Let's do this, let's do this and really boost our striking options. This Falcao and Pato shit was pathetic for a club like us.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Bergkamp wasn't pure striker like Morata. At the time Dennis was probably one of the most technically gifted players in the world with amazing vision, passing and flair, he was false 9/secondary playmaker with Pires in the squad. Morata is not player like that and will never be. 75M € for Morata is crazy. Even at Juventus this year he wasn't in first team regullary. Isn't worth that money and like I said before 27 goals in two years is low. 30M at max just because he is 23 years old. This year was pretty bad for us and Costa managed to score 16 goals. Compare that with Morata goal record for TWO years at Juventus. I hope our board isn't  stupid to pay that much money for him. 

some of you q.q too much about him.. You want to happen the situation with Martial ??? Man Utd crazy giving so much money for him, and then lol, wow - what a player he is! Get it good plyares who can decide a match everymoment costs money!