Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

47 minutes ago, Costa19 said:

We will probably sign Adebayore on a 6 month contract after failing with bids on all our targets. 

I'd rather get Adebayor for free than Morata for the reported fee.

60m for this guy? LOL, give me a break

14 minutes ago, Styles said:

I'd rather get Adebayor for free than Morata for the reported fee.

60m for this guy? LOL, give me a break

i'd take morata for 500m over Adebayor 

Morata is quite a basic striker. If we spend anything above 50 million pounds, we need that striker to be just one level below the suarez and agueros of this world.

Even YouTube has not changed my mind. YouTube makes every player look special . 

What is special about him? 

He looks no better than pelle 

22 minutes ago, Styles said:

I just hope to god it isn't Conte pushing this hard for this average arse player.

Yeah man, I can't fathom us paying so much for something so average. What Morata does, many other strikers do the same. I don't see anything special from this guy at all, does his basics right but why should we be so dazzled by that? To do the basics right? It's like when people call Gary Cahill world class lmao. Being competent at your role doesn't make you top club material ffs.

I just hope to god it isn't Conte pushing this hard for this average arse player.

If conte is the one pushing for this, that would put my mind at ease... if it's the board doing it against conte's wishes, then that's another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

Yeah man, I can't fathom us paying so much for something so average. What Morata does, many other strikers do the same. I don't see anything special from this guy at all, does his basics right but why should we be so dazzled by that? To do the basics right? It's like when people call Gary Cahill world class lmao. Being competent at your role doesn't make you top club material ffs.

So much this. I mean, I wouldn't pay 25m for him so to to numbers like 65m floating about just makes me mad.

58 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

If conte is the one pushing for this, that would put my mind at ease... if it's the board doing it against conte's wishes, then that's another story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I mean, I get what what you're saying but if Conte is chasing Morata this hard and wants Chelsea to pay WAAAAAAAY over the odds for him I'm already losing faith in the man.

1 hour ago, LDN Blue said:

For a long while we have been spending loads of money on these middling types of players, hoping on their potential rather than their current ability. I fear we are being left behind by the better teams in Europe, and this was shown in the abysmal Champions League campaign last year.

On 10/07/2016 at 6:06 PM, nono said:

For a long while we have been spending loads of money on these middling types of players, hoping on their potential rather than their current ability. I fear we are being left behind by the better teams in Europe, and this was shown in the abysmal Champions League campaign last year.

Plus ca change. We were never at the top of the pecking order and have probably slipped somewhat lower still recently.

We have always had to pick from the pool of players that the bigger beasts don't want. It is therefore a perfectly sound policy for us to try to buy potential; to try to find and acquire the superstar players before the more glamorous clubs recognise their quality. Indeed this is our best plan of action. Our problem has not been the plan, but the way we have executed it. Too many times we have misjudged the quality of the players we target and so end up buying player after player trying to fill the same need because we didn't get it right the first time, or even the second time. As a result of this our team is never quite as good as the money spent on it suggests it should be. We spend huge amounts but end up with ordinary players.

This does not mean I am arguing for a change of policy, we won't get the established superstars even if we pay superstar fees. They will still prefer other destinations. I'm calling for a change of attitude, a recognition that very few players are good enough for the club we want to be and so we must be much more critical in our player assessments.

On 7/10/2016 at 6:00 PM, Styles said:

So much this. I mean, I wouldn't pay 25m for him so to to numbers like 65m floating about just makes me mad.

All this time we could have been going for someone like Griezmann before these bloody Euros.. Instead we go for the one who did barely anything.