Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

I wonder how many people here criticising Morata have actually seen him play, all I see are stats that say he has scored only this many goals in two years. 

Yes, the price is really high, but we aren't living in 2009 anymore. Players like Sterling are going for 50 million, of course there has been Inflation in the market. There aren't many good young strikers and Morata could be a big one. 

He went 3 months without a goal but had personal problems. In his words.. 

“I'd parted ways with my girlfriend, my family had a few problems and I had an injury that most people didn't know about, a groin inflammation.

“Anyone who experienced it knows that it's among the most bothersome things you can have. It's incredibly painful and it keeps you from shooting and crossing.

“There have been games when I had to inject an anti-inflammatory directly into my pelvis in order to play.

“Gigi [Buffon] told me that when we're unhappy, the best thing to do is to shut yourself in at home and cry. But you should never show your weakness because people will attempt to destabilise you.

That's definitely difficult for a young lad but I am sure he would have only learned a few things to become mentally stronger. 

Chelsea are closing in on securing a deal for Morata, with Antonio Conte playing a big part in the deal. [Marca]

Chelsea want to sign Morata by all means & are willing to spend up to €75m to sign him

cats.jpg

Yeah and we probably need to splash out 100M more to fix the squad (MF and CB). Problem is i cant see us spending 200M in one window...

Looking forward to a new season with Ivanovic, Cahill and Mikel dominating the league :D

I'd be far happier spending 100 mil on a CM or CB than two strikers, to be honest.

Hopefully we won't neglect those areas.

We all will be much happier if we won't neglect those areas

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

Yeah and we probably need to splash out 100M more to fix the squad (MF and CB). Problem is i cant see us spending 200M in one window...

Looking forward to a new season with Ivanovic, Cahill and Mikel dominating the league [emoji3]

To be fair, most times attacking players command bigger fees than midfielders or defenders. There's always that extra charge for big clubs, but about 15 mil. there are good, talented players out there.

The question is, is Chelsea's scouting department good enough to find our very own Kante's or Varane's?

It's been hot and cold to say the least and now we can't afford the latter...

Whilst it's a lot of money for him there was a lot of people moaning about the weakness of our options last season if Costa got injured. We had Remy and Pato to turn too, if this happens that Morata arrives, we have signed Mitsy and bring in say Pelle we then look immediately stronger as a whole. For me and one of our downfalls has always been the thinness of our squad if we suffered injuries/suspensions to our key players and the lack of quality to fill a void.

Losing Costa would be a blow, but if we purchase Morata plus another option like I mentioned we are very well set to have great striking options.

It wont be us spending £150m or whatever on new signings in theory.   We will sell too. 

And let's be honest, we barely touched last seasons budget. Batshuayi, Morata, Kante and Koulibaly would do me if the window ended and they were our new signings.  Infact any players in those positions who are better than we have will do me!

Real Madrid willing to sell Alvaro Morata to fund Paul Pogba deal, says Guillem Balague

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12087/10494539/real-madrid-willing-to-sell-alvaro-morata-to-fund-paul-pogba-deal-says-guillem-balague

Well I don't think you need to be a sport journalist to come to this conclusion since we was already talking about this. 

So if Real serious about Pogba they will sell us Morata this summer. 

22 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Mirror now saying Arsenal have moved ahead of us and he's leaning towards them because we don't have CL football...

Story seems to change 3 times per day.

Don't trust Sun, Mirror, Daily Mail/Express. They just make stories to get us talking.

I'm sure Morata would want to play for Conte more than Wenger.