test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

29. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

2,613 posts in this topic
14 minutes ago, manpe said:

Not surprised. When he signed he didn't make a secret that Conte was the main reason for him coming. However his relationship with Conte seemed to have deteriorated and with Conte now leaving altogether, I was always suspecting that Morata would jump ship. He never looked happy here apart from the first few games. But we need to find a proper replacement first and only then sell.... Icardi, Lewa, Higuain - I'd take any. Or we enter the season with Bats and Giroud as our only 2 strikers, how feasible would that be?

I wouldn't be surprised if the club decides to start with bats and giroud for next season, but that's not good enough imo to challenge for the league... 

50 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the club decides to start with bats and giroud for next season, but that's not good enough imo to challenge for the league... 

The way the board has been acting for the past few summers, do you really think challenging for the league is an objective anymore? Doesn't seem that way to me.

Fernando and oldportblue like this

Sell him. Bring back Bats if no other good options are available. Giroud - Morata is not much different to Giroud - Bats, only in second case you got 50mils more in pocket.

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

Sell him. Bring back Bats if no other good options are available. Giroud - Morata is not much different to Giroud - Bats, only in second case you got 50mils more in pocket.

Poslano sa mog SM-A310F koristeći Tapatalk

Let's not fool ourselves, Morata is still the better player between him and Bats, Bats only being the better finisher with his feet and that's it. I would be very much interested to see what Sarri could do with him, perhaps inject some confidence and play to his strengths. I wouldn't be against keeping all 3, everybody offers something different, though dividing game time between them would probably become an issue. I have a feeling with Sarri's attacking system he could become another player. I would sell him only if he really wanted to leave.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Stats and Robchels like this

The more I watch how Napoli played, the more I think Morata could work quite well in that Mertens striker role providing he's committed to staying at Chelsea and he improves his mental and physical strength which disappeared the longer the season went on last year.

By all accounts he's looked sharp in pre season and you would expect and hope his mentality is to come back and prove himself after his world cup snub. 

He is still our most naturally talented and most well rounded striker at the club at present, and hopefully someone like Sarri who will hopefully put his arm around him and also set us up in a far more attacking way playing more to Morata's strengths will get the best out of him.

Stats likes this

I think he will be fine with Sarri, he needs to start well again though because we seen last season it all got a bit much for him at times and that affected the teams performances as much as anything else due to missing guilt edge chances.

Sarri managed to get through to a 28 or 29 year old Higuain, told him to lose weight, to not be lazy, to do more outside of the box, which led him to the most prolific year of his career as well as turning Dries Merten from an average wide player into a regular goal scoring winger/striker so I have no doubts about him getting a good return out of Morata because the ability is there to work with. 

I'm totally open minded about him.As peeps said ir will be interesting to see if Sarri can get into his head. He had a few good games then he switched off so whether it was because of the baby coming or what? but he got the yips.

But with Jorgi boy putting those thru balls and little chips in and Dave looking for his head he might just come good.

And as i really cant see Milan paying what we want its going to take good swaps or we losing alot of money.

See what Sarri does eh.See where he is going with team selections.

This next month will be interesting.

I think he will go to Milan in a deal that sees Donnarumma coming here. The Higuain noises will not go away, and if we are paying that sort of money there is no way he comes in and plays a bit part role. Higuain, Batshuayi and Giroud is good enough, it's forward stock pile that we can get by with. I've said before, I worry about Morata, I just don't think he's good enough.

I'm so sick of the chopping and changing with everything at our club. No one ever gets a fair run here, and then things like Salah, KDB and Lukaku happen. 

At this point, whatever, sell him. Going by the fans on here, he clearly sucks. 

Just don't see how you give up on a guy who was constantly in great positions, but failed to convert easy chances due to confidence. It wasn't anything like Torres, who did nothing all game.

Change him. Then we can blame the next striker. 

Muzchap and OneMoSalah like this

Just now, Thor said:

I'm so sick of the chopping and changing with everything at our club. No one ever gets a fair run here, and then things like Salah, KDB and Lukaku happen. 

At this point, whatever, sell him. Going by the fans on here, he clearly sucks. 

Just don't see how you give up on a guy who was constantly in great positions, but failed to convert easy chances due to confidence. It wasn't anything like Torres, who did nothing all game.

Change him. Then we can blame the next striker. 

That is one of the most dumbest decision the club will ever make assuming the reports are true...investing that much on a young brilliant striker and just because of some confidence issues just throw in the towel...Lets wait and see...

3 hours ago, Special Juan said:

I think he will go to Milan in a deal that sees Donnarumma coming here. The Higuain noises will not go away, and if we are paying that sort of money there is no way he comes in and plays a bit part role. Higuain, Batshuayi and Giroud is good enough, it's forward stock pile that we can get by with. I've said before, I worry about Morata, I just don't think he's good enough.

I don't get why anybody would want to keep Batshuayi over Morata? Batshuayi is such a limited player. A decent half a season playing for Dortmund where he scored against average teams wont change that. Especially when you consider that Sarri is reportedly willing to get rid of players who don't fit his style due to their technical attributes, Morata has got that all round game where he can be much better than Batshuayi in his system. Batshuayi might score goals yes but at the same time he doesn't offer anything else to the team... he is limited in terms of footballing intelligence as well as technique for me. Even for a back up role you want quality to push your main striker. Batshuayi is 100% not that guy. Giroud is an alternative but not necessarily going to give somebody like Higuain a jolt up the arse. Morata with a bit of coaching and perhaps having that first season under him can definitely be our first choice if nobody comes in or be a very good competitor for the role. 

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don't get why anybody would want to keep Batshuayi over Morata? Batshuayi is such a limited player. A decent half a season playing for Dortmund where he scored against average teams wont change that. Especially when you consider that Sarri is reportedly willing to get rid of players who don't fit his style due to their technical attributes, Morata has got that all round game where he can be much better than Batshuayi in his system. Batshuayi might score goals yes but at the same time he doesn't offer anything else to the team... he is limited in terms of footballing intelligence as well as technique for me. Even for a back up role you want quality to push your main striker. Batshuayi is 100% not that guy. Giroud is an alternative but not necessarily going to give somebody like Higuain a jolt up the arse. Morata with a bit of coaching and perhaps having that first season under him can definitely be our first choice if nobody comes in or be a very good competitor for the role. 

Morata hasn't got an all round game, not only that but he hasn't got an all round game that warrants him being our starting striker. We are link to Higuain because people at the club are actually worried about this bloke Morata.

Mentality comes before all else. Morata has no desire to bulk up or cut out his pathetic antics, so he's almost useless in my eyes.

Get a replacement in and call it a day.

2 minutes ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

Do people not realize he wants to leave? Potential is pointless, he will never achieve it if he's thinking of leaving

I will say it again... Mentality.