test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

29. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

2,184 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Cripen said:

My god...

Well that was painful to watch. I didn't even remember he missed that many. How many goals did he score with his feet other than that hattrick against Stoke? Like 1?

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Don't know how some believe these will vanishes next season. It's a part of his game that drastically needs to improve if he wants to play at a notable club long term.

Cavani had a far worse season with misses and people on here are still fawning over him. 

They go away because missing a one on one with the keeper that consistently is more of a confidence issue than a skill one. If a player isn't skilled enough to do that, he wouldn't have made it this far as a striker. Particularly one that has played for the biggest team in Italy, and the biggest in Spain. 

Blue Armour likes this

Particularly one that has played for the biggest team in Italy, and the biggest in Spain. 

As a back up. It's evident why that has been the case for someone approaching 26
bakayokofan and Amblève. like this

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

As a back up. It's evident why that has been the case for someone approaching 26

Cesc was a back up too. 

7 minutes ago, Thor said:
Cesc was a back up too. 

I'm sure I remember him being deployed as a false nine at Barca on numerous occasions. He was a regular before his 25th birthday too

Not sure if you're oblivious to his shortcomings or just turning a blind eye.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
7 minutes ago, Thor said:
Cesc was a back up too. 

I'm sure I remember him being deployed as a false nine at Barca on numerous occasions. He was a regular before his 25th birthday too

He was still a back up when we got him. Why is it any different? In fact, he got worse as he got older and lost his speed. 

He was still a back up when we got him. Why is it any different? In fact, he got worse as he got older and lost his speed. 
To please you; we got him because he was a back up. Did he do his job in creating when we joined (24 assists in his first season)?

Morata has been a failure so far however you wish to look at it, so please stop trying to defend the indefensible. If you believe otherwise, credit to you

With 3 clubs interested we probably get our money back?

Really didn’t answered my (to?) high hopes after first season.

16 hours ago, Hamilton said:

With 3 clubs interested we probably get our money back?

Really didn’t answered my (to?) high hopes after first season.

Unless Inter and us agree to a swap deal, I don't see how they and Milan can afford to buy Morata outright. They're both under FFP constraints. 

You just know it will be a 1 or 2 year loan. We are great at loaning players out but crap at brungung them in unless they are old.

A bit like a pawnbrokers!.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:40 PM, DDA said:

Watch this and then tell me you want this clown as our main striker. Look at how many goals he could have had this season. Absolute joke lol.

I couldn't finish watching the video, because it was getting more and more difficult to watch.

Even with all those misses in the beginning of the season, I kept quiet and I was patient - even though I knew Morata's past track record.

It's like each time he misses woefully, a sealed bottle of coke gets a shake. And it exploded in the Arsenal match. Three massive chances and he misses them all.

Conte is leaving Chelsea, and while Conte has himself to blame for his failures this season, Morata almost did nothing to save his neck. His woeful misses is one of the huge reasons why Conte is getting the sack.

DDA and Amblève. like this

6 hours ago, Mana said:

Conte is leaving Chelsea, and while Conte has himself to blame for his failures this season, Morata almost did nothing to save his neck. His woeful misses is one of the huge reasons why Conte is getting the sack.

I know Morata wasn't faultless last season but I don't even think Conte is getting the sack because of his misses or bad results for that matter. Unless my memory has failed me completely and though Morata had shocking misses, they were kinda sporadic. We hardly create many clear chances in a game to begin with, never mind creating for Morata to miss them! Conte getting the boot has more to do with his negative tactics, bad team selections - both of which hampered our chances of winning games (remember Man City away etc?) - and constant moans about the board. If he had actually done his job and tried to get his best out of what he's got, which he certainly didn't in 2018, but still came up short due to other factors, then I don't think we'll be sitting here and talking about a new manager coming in.

Tomo likes this

On 24/05/2018 at 4:40 PM, DDA said:

Watch this and then tell me you want this clown as our main striker. Look at how many goals he could have had this season. Absolute joke lol.

I wish Youtube peeps made these vids on every player of note. Its easy to get carried away by looking at their good bits.

11Drogba and the wes like this

Chelsea have set a meeting with Alvaro Morata’s agent for next week to decide what to do next. The forward wants to leave for a new club. Chelsea will ask for £65/£70M. @DavidAmoyal]

Amoyal is part of Di Marzio's staff and is very reliable... not surprised at this soft attitude from morata, he's soft on the pitch and he's soft off it, preferring to run from a challenge rather than take it on... I regret saying we should give him another chance next season. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise and we'll get a striker who's actually got balls and isn't a little softy who falls over 22 times a game

Icardi definitely the dream signing but with inter strenghtening and us in total turmoil, don't know how much that's realistic

Not surprised. When he signed he didn't make a secret that Conte was the main reason for him coming. However his relationship with Conte seemed to have deteriorated and with Conte now leaving altogether, I was always suspecting that Morata would jump ship. He never looked happy here apart from the first few games. But we need to find a proper replacement first and only then sell.... Icardi, Lewa, Higuain - I'd take any. Or we enter the season with Bats and Giroud as our only 2 strikers, how feasible would that be?