Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

2 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

can he score at britania stadium? on a cold rainy monday night?

I don't think that's the problem, mate. He definitely knows how to score in the box. Yeah, i know you weren't serious. :)

But i haven't seen long shot goals from Morata, i would welcome this dimension here, left with Drogs, imo.
Furthermore it seems that he flourishes more when coming on from the bench, but that's another debate.

Overall that's luxury problems, i would take Morata at Chelsea, but i wouldn't give up on midfielder(s) or defenders for him.-_-

14 minutes ago, Essien19 said:

I don't think that's the problem, mate. He definitely knows how to score in the box. Yeah, i know you weren't serious. :)

But i haven't seen long shot goals from Morata, i would welcome this dimension here, left with Drogs, imo.
Furthermore it seems that he flourishes more when coming on from the bench, but that's another debate.

Overall that's luxury problems, i would take Morata at Chelsea, but i wouldn't give up on midfielder(s) or defenders for him.-_-

We got Traore for that. 

7 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

In Serie A + Champions League he scored once from outside of the box this season and twice in a season before.

Thanks, there you have it, over a whole season 'once'.

Still thinking how it will work out with two strikers up front which leaves us short in midfield, this strategy didn't go well for City in the Champions-League, imo.
Not totally convinced, but we have to try something different. I get that. Isn't Dybala the better player?

Morata is a good prospect. But he's still very much a developing player. Describing him as hot and cold would be generous as he's mostly cold. Great impact sub though.

£40 mil is a massive fee. Expectations would be high. It's better than paying 60 mil for Lukaku though. Rom is further in his development but I think Morata has the heigher ceiling because of his superior technique and mobility. But I'm not sure whether Morata is a true world-class prospect. He's almost 24 and he has a lot to learn from a tactical perspective.and he's far from refined technically. There's a reason why Real are (apparently) looking to sell a Madrid-born youth product.

But players like Suarez and Aubameyang prove players can still book a lot of progression at relatively late stage of their development though. So it can go either way.

As long as possibly spending so heavily on Morata won't affect strengthening actual key areas I support this signing.

3 hours ago, DYC. said:

Morata is a good prospect. But he's still very much a developing player. Describing him as hot and cold would be generous as he's mostly cold. Great impact sub though.

£40 mil is a massive fee. Expectations would be high. It's better than paying 60 mil for Lukaku though. Rom is further in his development but I think Morata has the heigher ceiling because of his superior technique and mobility. But I'm not sure whether Morata is a true world-class prospect. He's almost 24 and he has a lot to learn from a tactical perspective.and he's far from refined technically. There's a reason why Real are (apparently) looking to sell a Madrid-born youth product.

But players like Suarez and Aubameyang prove players can still book a lot of progression at relatively late stage of their development though. So it can go either way.

As long as possibly spending so heavily on Morata won't affect strengthening actual key areas I support this signing.

I would say he is very similar to Martial in many ways. And Martial is damn good player. But both need a classic striker to play next to, because they dont score enough on their own.

If we are indeed interested in another striker and Costa is staying, Morata would make more sense than Lukaku.