Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

1 hour ago, Thor said:

I'm not usually one to complain about price tags, but I just don't see him being an 80 mil player... 

When did Morata become some big ticket item that everyone wanted a piece of? Because that is what that price tag signifies. 

He has no presence on the field, isn't particularly great at anything and seems like a player that would be happy to float through a game and not really give a damn. He just comes off blas-e and nonchalant. 

I know I'm repeating what someone in this thread has already stated, but is he really any better than Michy? Michy proved to be quite good at link up, and he knows how to find the net, better than Morata in fact. 

I guess the only reason I'd be relieved is because we'd finally bolster up our squad a bit and have options. Michy and Morata going forward isn't too bad as both are young and quite versatile. 

When he became the only game in town.

Top club needs a striker.  We're the only top club in that position.  He and Belotti seem to be the only ones available (I don't believe Aubameyang was ever an option).

Personally, from what I've seen, Belotti would seem to fit the system a bit better (work, work, work), but who know's what really going on there?

I think he and Michy give us some flexibility in the squad.  Morata, Hazard & Pedro on the counter will be deadly.

I have to say, I'm not overly excited, especially at that price.  But, better than a trolling Costa. 

4 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

People here are mixing up Di Marzio with others his only mistake was Van Dijk.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk

Which really wasn't a mistake. Liverpool were interested and got caught in the whole tapping up situation. 

41 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Compare to the fee of Lukaku to United, this is an absolute bargain. I don't give a damn about the fee to be honest, an very good sign that the board support Conte and to get someone who he really wants! Exciting signing if it happens.

A bargain? Where do you shop?

And what's the deal with his goal-scoring form at Juve ? 

He scored/assisted every 114 minutes in his first season at Juve, every 110 in his second season and EVERY SIXTY FUCKING FIVE YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT 65 Minutes in his last season with Real, earning them 13 additional points, granted, against weaker opposition, but he didn't play the clasicos, against Atleti or the likes of Sevilla, so we can't judge him on that.

Add to that the fact that he has bossed CL in 2015, and has bags of technical ability and footbaling IQ ( which explains his outrageous number of assists in 2016 with Juve ), he is a potential world class striker.

Just needs to be the main man somewhere, he is perfectly suited to the Premier League because he is strong as well, with Conte's management he will reach his peak.

90M is too much, but we don't have much choice, get over it..

Far from a bargain, but a striker that will be useful for a lot of years. Crazy that it will cost us that much though, it seems every striker's value has doubled this window. 
Morata is the best technical striker available on the market right now (looking at passing, dribbling, first touch, shooting and overall link-up play), which combined with his pace will offer something both against defensive and offensive teams. 

I mean, Conte got him for Juve, tried to get him last season and is now likely to get him this window. Clearly he sees something big in Morata, and it is his opinion that matters the most. 

Now begins my favourite part of a transfer: Taking ages to agree personal terms because some agent wants a 110% fee paid in personalized tea bags included in the deal. Then Morata is on his way to his medical via an Egyptian tortoise, fails the medical twice because of an ingrown nail, then the meida instead of confirming the deal spreads rumours of the deal being hijacked by ManCity where he is offered an entire stand in the Eithad library, then by early next year, the club finally wants to announce only to learn that said ingrown nail somehow spread to his groin so he got necrotizing pancreatitis which forces us to delay the deal until summer while of course nothing of this is revealed to the fans so we start speculating that his announcement is delayed until our new sponsorship deal for training cones kicks in so he can wear one of those as a hat to increase marketing exposure. 

58 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

Well, it's not like we can sign Lukaku anymore.

Can't really say that I'm happy with Morata, but I will trust Conte no matter what.

let's trust him 

morata has the killer instinct that very few players have 

Exactly. we could get Belotti or Aubame for the same price...

Alvaro Morata's arrival would be further evidence that Chelsea can only sign a player when they're the only club interested.

I thought you actually read all the millions links you post. Nobody actually tried for Auba, their CEO said with all letters they never received a bid. I could almost risk a limb and maybe say you're the one who post it. If it was a bet the odds would be 1/100 you posted it...

Alvaro Morata 'close' to securing Chelsea move: Manchester United fans are furious

ww.express.co.uk/sport/football/830510/Chelsea-transfer-news-Alvaro-Morata-deal-close-fan-reaction-Man-Utd-sportgalleries

28 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I thought you actually read all the millions links you post. Nobody actually tried for Auba, their CEO said with all letters they never received a bid. I could almost risk a limb and maybe say you're the one who post it. If it was a bet the odds would be 1/100 you posted it...

People like extrapolating their personal preferences onto the board. Then when the board doesnt buy the player, it is due to their failure, rather than a lack of interest.