Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Compare to the fee of Lukaku to United, this is an absolute bargain. I don't give a damn about the fee to be honest, an very good sign that the board support Conte and to get someone who he really wants! Exciting signing if it happens.

1 minute ago, Ryan Fong said:

Compare to the fee of Lukaku to United, this is an absolute bargain. I don't give a damn about the fee to be honest, an very good sign that the board support Conte and to get someone who he really wants! Exciting signing if it happens.

It's exciting purely because this is 100% conte's signing.

Just now, OhForAGreavsie said:

I have one very slight disagreement, and one somewhat larger one, with what you've said here.

The slight one is that, while I love the idea of Moara in a two, and of us playing 3-5-2 to accommodate it, I can't quite see Michy as a great fit. I'm a fan of Bats and believe he has more than he was able to show last year but I think there are better potential styles to dovetail with Morata. The larger disagreement relates to your point about the market price.

Buyers are a part of the market. Unless they pony up, inflated prices are just a sellers fantasy. As far as we can tell, no one has yet been willing to pay Madrid's asking price, so the going rate for a talented Madrid backup has not yet been set. If someone comes close to that valuation, I hope it is not us. We have to discipline ourselves, the entire Premier League has to exercise self-control. If we are handing such a large percentage of our annual revenues to secure the services of a player Madrid basically don't want, then we have no hope of ever closing the gap between them and us. If Madrid want a King's ransom, then let them sell us one of their kings.

both very valid points to disagree on. As far as Michy/Morata you could very well be correct but I believe each have the necessary skill set to be able to play together if it is what Conte wants. I am not so sure Conte wants that but it is an option that could be looked at on the practice field.

In regards to the price, I agree with your statement but the PL will not be exercising self-control as long as the Manchesters are spending like crazy and clubs like Everton are splashing cash the way they have been. We live in a new reality with new prices. To say Madrid basically don't want Morata isnt necessarily fair, they value him but they are the richest most talented team in the world they have the luxury of being able to sell a player of his quality and not have it hurt their team materially. 

But overall I agree with your points and accept them.

1 minute ago, Ryan Fong said:

1) "Compare to the fee of Lukaku to United"
2) "I don't give a damn about the fee to be honest"

:D

4 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Griezmann was their first choice, Morata second. But Lukaku was our first choice. I think there's no winner or loser at the moment. We will see in season time.

Don't think they have made any concrete offer for Griezmann though, you never know. MU making an offer for Morata, but they've failed.

1 minute ago, RoyalBlues said:

Don't think they have made any concrete offer for Griezmann though, you never know. MU making an offer for Morata, but they've failed.

There was concrete about Griezmann but then Atletico got ban and couldn't buy players this summer so Man Utd had to move on. Well we also failed with Lukaku.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Will be so strange and exciting to have a striker with fantastic first touch and technical ability.

Moratas first touch is one of his weakest points. He is better than Lukaku at this, but nowhere near Lewandowski or Suarez level. 80 m is way overpaid for him, but well, the market is like it is. Lukaku would have been the better option for Conte though, who likes to play with a target man (did it for Italy too with Pelle).

Just now, Toli said:

Moratas first touch is one of his weakest points. He is better than Lukaku at this, but nowhere near Lewandowski or Suarez level. 80 m is way overpaid for him, but well, the market is like it is. Lukaku would have been the better option for Conte though, who likes to play with a target man (did it for Italy too with Pelle).

Pelle has amazing hold up play though, and his first touch is fantastic. He might not be as technical as Morata, but he has way more skill than Lukaku

1 minute ago, Toli said:

Why did Conte want Morata over Lukaku then in the first place? IMO Morata's first touch is alright most of the times whilst Lukaku's ranges from ok to abysmal depending on his form. I honestly think that Morata's technique is the best compared to Belotti and Lukaku. It is his mental and physical attributes that need improvement. 

3 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Why did Conte want Morata over Lukaku then in the first place? IMO Morata's first touch is alright most of the times whilst Lukaku's ranges from ok to abysmal depending on his form. I honestly think that Morata's technique is the best compared to Belotti and Lukaku. It is his mental and physical attributes that need improvement. 

You are right, he is better than Lukaku (which isnt very difficult to be...). Dont know about Belotti, havent seen much from him.

We dont know who Conte truly wanted. Fact is, we bid for Lukaku same amount as United and have been hunting him the whole summer- seems like he was Option No 1 from us.

Physical thing is also important. Morata isnt really a strong player, could see him being manhandled by some defenders in the EPL. A big risk move, but as Aguero isnt available, probably the best chance we have. Conte seems like he doesnt want Aubameyang, even though I dont know why...would fit very good in our side with his speed and athleticism.

Tbh Morata probably could even be a downgrade on Costa...has better technical ability, but Costa more of a goal scorer and poacher and a headache for most opponents. Morata more the nice-type player.

3 minutes ago, Toli said:

You are right, he is better than Lukaku (which isnt very difficult to be...). Dont know about Belotti, havent seen much from him.

We dont know who Conte truly wanted. Fact is, we bid for Lukaku same amount as United and have been hunting him the whole summer- seems like he was Option No 1 from us.

Physical thing is also important. Morata isnt really a strong player, could see him being manhandled by some defenders in the EPL. A big risk move, but as Aguero isnt available, probably the best chance we have. Conte seems like he doesnt want Aubameyang, even though I dont know why...would fit very good in our side with his speed and athleticism.

Tbh Morata probably could even be a downgrade on Costa...has better technical ability, but Costa more of a goal scorer and poacher and a headache for most opponents. Morata more the nice-type player.

The whole year we heard records that Lukaku was Emenalo's wish, Morata Conte's. 

I can see him being dominated physically by EPL defenders too but physique is better worked on than talent. His precondition for building muscle is quite decent. He has short insertion in his biceps and calves which means he can easily build muscle on arms and legs there given the right training. His core is weak tho. His chest and back are tiny for a tall man. He should definitely work on those as upper body strength is useful in tight 1 on 1 situations and to push opponents away. Some nice strength oriented core, back, chest and leg work would be my recommendation. I will find his fanpost email and spam him with workout advice.