Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Can morata play as lone striker? I remember he is playing next to tevez in Juve and he barely play any game with real. How about with Spain? How did he perform? 

I personally want a striker that provide similar quality to Costa. Be physical, press their back line and make selfless channel run but with better touch. I don't want us to play 3 small guy up top. It is going to be poor man  MSN

11 hours ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

We need to get a massive poll/thread going once the season is over..

Lukaku or Morata. 

IMO, for this team and Conte's system, Lukaku is a much better fit because he has so much more of a presence than Morata. It's almost like for like swap with Costa. Lukaku would've scored a hattrick at least vs. Boro yesterday.

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

IMO, for this team and Conte's system, Lukaku is a much better fit because he has so much more of a presence than Morata. It's almost like for like swap with Costa. Lukaku would've scored a hattrick at least vs. Boro yesterday.

I actually agree.. and you know that's coming from a guy with a massive Lukaku Agenda. 

13 hours ago, The Skipper said:

But Morata has performed against every top team he played against. While Lukaku is invisible against every better opponent. 

Lukaku is tailor made to destroy bottom half teams of PL, but top teams and CL is where Morata proved to be more useful. 

The problem with these strikers we are linked with is everyone has one major weakness. 

I would gladly pay 80m for striker if I knew he is the real deal. Or small fee if there is quite a risk. But everyone we are linked from Lukaku, Belotti to Morata would cost above 60m and neither is the real deal.

And I bet my ass our next season, striker will prove the difference. Average striker and we are done, good striker and we can win anything. I think its quite obvious we NEED top striker.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

But Morata has performed against every top team he played against. While Lukaku is invisible against every better opponent. 

Lukaku is tailor made to destroy bottom half teams of PL, but top teams and CL is where Morata proved to be more useful. 

The problem with these strikers we are linked with is everyone has one major weakness. 

I would gladly pay 80m for striker if I knew he is the real deal. Or small fee if there is quite a risk. But everyone we are linked from Lukaku, Belotti to Morata would cost above 60m and neither is the real deal.

And I bet my ass our next season, striker will prove the difference. Average striker and we are done, good striker and we can win anything. I think its quite obvious we NEED top striker.

Morata played for Juventus and Real - teams with real quality. Lukaku in the mean time has played for West Brom and Everton. The difference is basically one plays with quality team mates, the other doesn't. 

Lukaku hasn't been tested in the CL so you can't say for sure that he won't have Morata's impact either. 

Morata genuinely reminds me of like a Negredo or Soldado. Decent striker, nothing more. If we're going to pay £50/60m for a striker, I'd rather see it go to Lukaku tbh. Morata will never truly be worth that money - he's peaked as a player already, he won't improve much. What is there to improve on? He's already a well rounded player, but doesn't offer anything exceptional whatsoever. 

Lukaku has some unique traits about him at the very least, and is also in my opinion a much better presence than Morata. When both are on form, Lukaku is a much bigger threat, because he has a unique skill set that can trouble even the best of defenders. Morata does not possess anything unique. Genuinely think he's just another Soldado. 

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Morata played for Juventus and Real - teams with real quality. Lukaku in the mean time has played for West Brom and Everton. The difference is basically one plays with quality team mates, the other doesn't. 

Lukaku hasn't been tested in the CL so you can't say for sure that he won't have Morata's impact either. 

Morata genuinely reminds me of like a Negredo or Soldado. Decent striker, nothing more. If we're going to pay £50/60m for a striker, I'd rather see it go to Lukaku tbh. Morata will never truly be worth that money - he's peaked as a player already, he won't improve much. What is there to improve on? He's already a well rounded player, but doesn't offer anything exceptional whatsoever. 

Lukaku has some unique traits about him at the very least, and is also in my opinion a much better presence than Morata. When both are on form, Lukaku is a much bigger threat, because he has a unique skill set that can trouble even the best of defenders. Morata does not possess anything unique. Genuinely think he's just another Soldado. 

To me from what I seen, Lukaku is alot more Negredo than Morata is. Scores shitload of goals, but doesnt have what it takes to make step forward. Lukaku got 3 years of regular football and tbh he only added even more goals to his game. Yeah he is striker, its what he must do, but his overall and mentality hasnt changed much. 

Morata is very good player in general. Maybe doesnt score that much, but his play is realy good for striker. He is still relatively young and with regular playtime he can improve his finishing. 

I start to believe Lukaku could be hit here only to then see a match against better opponent like Pool or Chelsea and see he is still very very poor. And it has nothing to do with squad. Dybala was playing for Palermo and he played well. We cant have another striker that is average on ball and needs all the service. In that case I rather stick with Diego who is at least consistent regardless of opponent. 

I dont think Morata is perfect striker either. Lukaku is better finisher and more consistent,  Morata is better technician and more intelligent. We would need someone who is a mix of both. 

If we buy Morata there might be a problem of goals, but his link up and hard work wont be a problem. Meanwhile with Lukaku, he offers goals and goals only. And even then not against top oposition.  

Hopefuly Conte makes right decision.

To be honest, I've watched him for a few games now for Real and he starts to impress.

Benzema is a horrible striker. Has been Real's worst striker in the last 15 years in my opinion yet he finds himself in the starting XI every singly "big" game. Same goes for Gareth Bale who's also absolutely not on the level Real wants to be. But it's been known that Perez makes the XI and Real's managers don't.

But every time he comes on (Morata), he scores and he's doing it well. Right now, I would choose him over Lukaku as I think he suits Conte's style better. I think Conte wants to go 3-5-2 next season (hence the lack of winger transfer rumors) and Morata is well suited for that formation.

60 million however would be absurd.

2 hours ago, Dahnald said:

To be honest, I've watched him for a few games now for Real and he starts to impress.

Benzema is a horrible striker. Has been Real's worst striker in the last 15 years in my opinion yet he finds himself in the starting XI every singly "big" game. Same goes for Gareth Bale who's also absolutely not on the level Real wants to be. But it's been known that Perez makes the XI and Real's managers don't.

But every time he comes on (Morata), he scores and he's doing it well. Right now, I would choose him over Lukaku as I think he suits Conte's style better. I think Conte wants to go 3-5-2 next season (hence the lack of winger transfer rumors) and Morata is well suited for that formation.

60m is normal price for a good striker nowadays, I'd be more open to lukaku transfer if he's only 60m, 85m is madness... F*ck everton

2 hours ago, Dahnald said:

3-5-2 would be interesting. Does it work with Morata and Lukaku playing side by side? 

Morata the one building up the play, decent hold up play, etc. Lukaku the pacey, clinical, strong striker feasting on through balls?

I don't know why people don't like Lukaku. He is absolutely clinical in front of goal, and can shake defenders off on the counter like nothing. And I don't know if the rest of the board has been watching, but we've been doing a lot of counter attacking recently. We're already good at it, but we'd be great with Lukaku. 

36 minutes ago, Thor said:

3-5-2 would be interesting. Does it work with Morata and Lukaku playing side by side? 

Morata the one building up the play, decent hold up play, etc. Lukaku the pacey, clinical, strong striker feasting on through balls?

I don't know why people don't like Lukaku. He is absolutely clinical in front of goal, and can shake defenders off on the counter like nothing. And I don't know if the rest of the board has been watching, but we've been doing a lot of counter attacking recently. We're already good at it, but we'd be great with Lukaku. 

It wouldn't work with Lukaku because you need strikers that move into the right positions and sometimes I see Lukaku on the other side of the pitch, unable to receive a ball when Everton are attacking.

Really shouldn't be a one or the other situation. We should be after both Lukaku and Morata. We can't have a massive drop off in quality between our main striker and the other options. That's a big thing that separates really good sides to the great ones. 

If we want to compete on all fronts next season we'll need a big squad packed with quality. In the PL alone, imagine lining up against the small teams using both Lukaku & Morata up top. Lukaku on his own is nearly unstoppable against those sides in an average Everton team. Surrounded by top class players here and with a strike partner like Morata could be lethal and we'd see the return of 6-0 or 7-0 type scores we saw in Mou's first spell.