Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

I can't remember which header of his it was this season, but (apparently) 1 of them has been rated as the highest leap for a scored header in Premier League history. He is indeed special.

Could be #fakenews consider Ronaldo/Giroud have had some damn high jumps, and i'm struggling to find the source. We can believe, though.

19 minutes ago, Leif said:

I can't remember which header of his it was this season, but 1 of them has been rated as the highest leap for a scored header in Premier League history. He is indeed special.

Most probably was Leicester. Was amazing they way he leaped over a tank of a defender like Morgan to score that.

Needless of Conte to bring Morata on against Qarabag. But since he did, that was a strange performance from Morata. Would think he would have played with big confidence given his recent form but ended up playing like Torres. Could and should have scored a few goals tonight. Hope he brings his A-game on Saturday!

If he was able to finish off those chances in front of goal with feet, he would be at around 15-20 goals in all comps by now.

He is quite shocking in 1v1 with feet, the fact he still scored so many goals hides that, but has to improve massively.

Games for now have been quite simple, since there was always next time to improve, but knockout stages will have two games and Morata will simply get that one chance and he needs to score or we will be in trouble. Though that can be solved eventualy if we bring another poacher and play 2 upfront in future seasons if it doesnt work out with Morata as lone striker.

Linkup and headers are amazing though, fantastic when it comes to that.

Hope I am wrong, but this what he does with his feet when in clear chance doesn't look like something you can just fix with more playing time, or with being in better form.

Looks like wrong mentality, wrong way of thinking, lack of agility, no calmness and no composure at all. REALLY hoping I am wrong and that he can fix it, and that he can produce display like against Stoke City more often. If he doesn't, well, can't see him being top striker, ever.

PS, talk about getting another striker to play two upfront? That would be a disaster for this team, our players are too hard to integrate in first XI even now, with all those deficiencies (Fabregas, Bakayoko, wingbacks,...), we CAN'T afford another player that would need tweaking things up, just so he could work out. Playing two upfront would mean bye bye Fabregas from our starting XI and Hazard playing more like attacking midfielder - not second striker as he is now playing.

Always did say he isn’t clinical enough, it’s one thing Lukaku is better at - but he can improve. He needs to do extra finishing work at training, especially finishing after relatively long (or bursts of) dribbles. 

He gets himself into excellent positions. Better off the ball movement than I thought. 

Always did say he isn’t clinical enough, it’s one thing Lukaku is better at - but he can improve. He needs to do extra finishing work at training, especially finishing after relatively long (or bursts of) dribbles. 

He hets himself into excellent positions. Better off the ball movement than I thought. 

That's a fair assessment. Morata should be more lethal especially in 1 vs 1 situations. Sometimes he unnecessarily complicates his chance to score a goal, because he wants to skin the defender a second time, which gives the defender time to recover.

On the other hand Lukaku is quite wasteful as well, so neither of them belong in the top tier when it comes to finishing.

1000 :)

He is so unlucky at times its not even funny.just not a born finisher. Brilliant player tho. We would not have won e.g. A bournemouth if not for his great work. But he needs to learn how to score dirty and easy striker goals.