Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

He is definately way too soft and his finishing is realy inconsistent. Scores some beautiful goals, but misses simple ones. 

He definately has good technique and channels realy well, but will need to bulk up/get more agressive if he wants to dominate this league. 

But he had few injuries too, he will improve once he gets to play few months in a row.

7 hours ago, Tomo said:

He's clearly not fully fit. Rest him for Everton, bring him off the bench vs Bournemouth and Roma and hopefully he will be ready for United.

Don't think I agree tbh. I don't think the problem is necessarily physical fitness, but rather match fitness. He needs more minutes to sharpen his all-round game. Besides, I can never trust Batshuayi as a starter.

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

He's clearly not fully fit. Rest him for Everton, bring him off the bench vs Bournemouth and Roma and hopefully he will be ready for United.

Like @Hybrid Angel said, I think he needs the minutes. The more minutes he gets, the sharper he will come. I think Conte will bench him for Everton and may bring him on for Bats later on for more sharpness but would expect to see him starting against Bournemouth. Especially considering Conte wasted no time in throwing him in the team against Roma and Watford.

10 hours ago, Stats said:

Like @Hybrid Angel said, I think he needs the minutes. The more minutes he gets, the sharper he will come. I think Conte will bench him for Everton and may bring him on for Bats later on for more sharpness but would expect to see him starting against Bournemouth. Especially considering Conte wasted no time in throwing him in the team against Roma and Watford.

After michy performance against palace, it is hard to blame Conte not to play Morata from the start against roma. 

Feel the issue with Morata is adaptability, he needs to come out of Spain and adapt to the English game. Someone rightly pointed about inconsistency which will play a big part unless you dont adapt.

Also for me Morata is not a one man striker he needs cover either from a second striker or from a no 10/attacking mid so that he can combine to get the best (like how they did with Hazard) ... we can come up with Bats - Morata with Hazard as the no 10. Bats can be the work horse while Hazard & Morata be the pure forwards 

Agree with most he needs to accept the physical side of the English game, frustrating seeing him all the floor most of the time. Im sure he's said this in previous interviews so he knows where to work which is positive. 

Ironic that his best PL game was again 'notoriously' aggressive Stoke

20 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

He needs to put on like 4-5 kg of pure muscle. Upper body strength, squatting etc. 

I don't think he's got any issues physically at all. I think he's still got that La Liga/Real Madrid mentality where they get preferential treatment and get a whistle with every niggling touch. 

Its abundantly clear that referes have been briefed that Morata goes down really easily to try to get whistles. He's got to learn this and adapt mentally rather than physically. 

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I don't think he's got any issues physically at all. I think he's still got that La Liga/Real Madrid mentality where they get preferential treatment and get a whistle with every niggling touch. 

Its abundantly clear that referes have been briefed that Morata goes down really easily to try to get whistles. He's got to learn this and adapt mentally rather than physically. 

Drogba was the same when he first arrived if my memory serves me right. He still had the tendency to go down too easily later in his career, but he learned and improved on this aspect after his first season. Let's hope Morata goes the same way.

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Drogba was the same when he first arrived if my memory serves me right. He still had the tendency to go down too easily later in his career, but he learned and improved on this aspect after his first season. Let's hope Morata goes the same way.

Yep. I hope he starts today against what may be a weakened Everton side. Would be great for his confidence and to round himself back into form.

13 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I agree with the notion but still think him putting on some muscle would aid his game immensely. 

39 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I agree with the notion but still think him putting on some muscle would aid his game immensely. 

Couldn't hurt, true. Hope he starts picking up where he left off before the injury so at least his confidence remains high while he gets used to the league.

I think for him as well the team needs to try cross the ball a bit more often at times rather than trying to play through the middle with one twos etc, he can do both, clearly, but in the box he is always moving, always sharp as we’ve already seen. He scored a lot of headers for Real and he has got a few for us as well.

http://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/alvaro-morata-slams-treatment-by-real-madrid-admits-he-misses-italy-and-juventus_sto6389590/story.shtml

"Italy for a Spaniard is the best country to live," he said. "You have everything: beauty, history, art, cooking, fashion. I would never have left Italy and Juve.

"The disappointment [of leaving Juventus] was enormous, I found myself back to the starting point. They [Real Madrid] treated me like the guy I was before the two Italian seasons.

"I arrived [in Italy] feeling like a boy and I returned feeling like a true player. I should never have left Italy and Juve.

"I really miss Italy. My wife would like to live in Spain; I'd like to live in Italy."

Morata added that while he was acclimatising to life in London, the Spanish striker does not see a long-term future in the capital.

"I live in downtown Chelsea. London fascinates me with its multi-ethnicity, the coexistence of cultures and religions, but I do not see myself living here for very long. Too much, too much stress, too many metropolises.

"I came here because there was a coach like Antonio Conte. We started talking about my eventual transfer last spring and finally I really landed in London.”

First Conte and now Morata. :doh: