Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

That was reported by standard 9 hours ago tho :(

18 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh right "Told close friends" thing still exists.

Man...

Just a few days ago all Chelsea fans were feeling on top of the world and thinking we could accomplish anything. Now we've been spanked at home by a title rival and may have lost the one player in our team we couldn't afford to lose for a lengthy period.

I know we were further behind the top spot last season and still went on to win the league but the competition is significantly stronger this season and our fixture list is much more difficult. Think I need to adjust my expectations. 

On paper, we should be able to cope without Morata in our next few PL fixtures. If Batshuayi can't step up against Palace, Watford, etc then we are in deeper shit than I can imagine.

52 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Man...

Just a few days ago all Chelsea fans were feeling on top of the world and thinking we could accomplish anything. Now we've been spanked at home by a title rival and may have lost the one player in our team we couldn't afford to lose for a lengthy period.

I know we were further behind the top spot last season and still went on to win the league but the competition is significantly stronger this season and our fixture list is much more difficult. Think I need to adjust my expectations. 

On paper, we should be able to cope without Morata in our next few PL fixtures. If Batshuayi can't step up against Palace, Watford, etc then we are in deeper shit than I can imagine.

Bats may be a flawed footballer but he's a relatively reliable scorer, plus the false 9 worked ok when used last season. It's a blow no doubt, but aslong as Hazard doesn't get another injury we should be able to (relitevely) cope.

23 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Bats may be a flawed footballer but he's a relatively reliable scorer, plus the false 9 worked ok when used last season. It's a blow no doubt, but aslong as Hazard doesn't get another injury we should be able to (relitevely) cope.

Hope so. I think we will cope better with the loss of our main striker better than other clubs like Spuds for instance. Our entire team doesn't depend on the #9 like theirs does.

10 hours ago, Pizy said:

Hope so. I think we will cope better with the loss of our main striker better than other clubs like Spuds for instance. Our entire team doesn't depend on the #9 like theirs does.

Thats true ... But they did reasonably well when Kane was out. 

We dont depend on our #9 but we do depend a lot on Hazard and City again showed that once u isolate him, we run out of ideas.

Bats not replacing Morata straight away on Sunday makes you think if Conte is convinced/confident about him. That could be a big worry for us plus the fact that we dont have a 3rd striker. Maybe we can gamble with one of our young guns.