test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

29. Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

2,298 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Thor said:

Scored the winner in a game where we struggled. Am I missing something? 

You are fecking kidding me.

Either you didn't watch the match or you're trolling. Of course he scored the winner, but everything else he did for the 89 minutes was abysmal. Chelsea struggled to comfortably beat Vidi (yes), but isn't that because Morata kept missing chances? Wake up.

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

Nice to see him score... But he missed a open goal! Again.... One goal won't change him I don't think. Would like to think so but nothing to suggest otherwise 

Johnnyeye likes this

F*** me this thread is toxic. I really hope Alvaro comes good so he can shove it up the arse of everyone on here who has completely written him off. The guy is clearly struggling with confidence and it doesn’t help when our “supporters” mercilessly troll him online and abuse him at games. Is this how we treat our own? 

bigbluewillie likes this

1 hour ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

F*** me this thread is toxic. I really hope Alvaro comes good so he can shove it up the arse of everyone on here who has completely written him off. The guy is clearly struggling with confidence and it doesn’t help when our “supporters” mercilessly troll him online and abuse him at games. Is this how we treat our own? 

I don't think this forum counts as trolling him online. I of course want him ro come good. I still hope he does, but reality and results say he is shit. We really need to go after Dybala, Icardi, or more likely someone like Piątek.

Morata simply is not good enough for Chelsea. He has had well over a year (when you add in 2 pre-seasons) and other than a few games at the start of 2017-18, he has not performed for shit.

If he cares about stupid social media, then he really is a weak twat.

Johnnyeye likes this

Centre-Forward Paco Alcácer (on loan from Barca) is tearing shit up for Borussia Dortmund

4 games, 7 goals AND that is in ONLY 171 total minutes played!

Hat trick today

Paco Alcacer hits 30 minute hat-trick for Borussia Dortmund

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/futbol-internacional/paco-alcacer-hits-30-minute-hat-trick-for-borrussia-dortmund-7074697

d63f0a5256eadeb3d5b5ca2fdf0fb18f.pngImage result for P Alcácer dortmund'

Johnnyeye likes this

11 hours ago, Vesper said:

Centre-Forward Paco Alcácer (on loan from Barca) is tearing shit up for Borussia Dortmund

4 games, 7 goals AND that is in ONLY 171 total minutes played!

Hat trick today

Paco Alcacer hits 30 minute hat-trick for Borussia Dortmund

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/futbol-internacional/paco-alcacer-hits-30-minute-hat-trick-for-borrussia-dortmund-7074697

d63f0a5256eadeb3d5b5ca2fdf0fb18f.pngImage result for P Alcácer dortmund'

I think it is just Dortmund. Alcacer is a just above average striker like Bats but Dortmund with their super attacking tactics they have employed for almost a decade now just need a converter up front. Probably the same here if Sarri stays for a few seasons.

Vesper and Johnnyeye like this

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

I think it is just Dortmund. Alcacer is a just above average striker like Bats but Dortmund with their super attacking tactics they have employed for almost a decade now just need a converter up front. Probably the same here if Sarri stays for a few seasons.

Lets hope so! I would LOVE to see Morata really rurn the corner and go on a ripper!

Johnnyeye likes this

The international break comes at the wrong time for him :D One of his best performances for Chelsea was certainly the home League game against Man United, he was a beast. He is completely somewhere else now so I would still start with Giroud.

xPetrCechx and Johnnyeye like this

5 minutes ago, Dazzy_Vance said:

I thought it was obvious I wasn’t referring to this forum as online trolling because he would never read any comments here. Have you ever been on his social media pages? I’ve seen Chelsea fans abuse him, hope he dies/gets injuries, insult his race and family, etc. It’s disgraceful.

Nothing wrong with criticising his game as he has been underwhelming so far, but does it always have to be so vitriolic and spiteful? Even when he does something good people struggle to acknowledge it, or they’ll manage to turn it into a negative. I get the frustration. I just don’t get the need for Chelsea supporters to continuously pot our own. It’s a shit read on what is generally a very good forum.

But anyway, I think Alvaro will come good and I hope we persist. He makes good runs and finds himself in good positions. I think his poor finishing is largely due to a lack of confidence and is something that will improve in time.

I agree. I hope he comes good too. That's the best outcome for all. I also agree thay Twitter and Instagram trolls who attack him and his family (especially racially/ethnically) are scum.

Dazzy_Vance and Johnnyeye like this

On 10/7/2018 at 5:15 PM, Magic Lamps said:

Alcácer has 2 more goals tonight for the Spanish national team, he really is on fire. I am not, btw, saying at all we should target him, just admiring his play this year.

Johnnyeye likes this

Alvaro Morata reveals reason behind miserable form and makes promise to fans

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/736917/Chelsea-news-Alvaro-Morata-Premier-League-Olivier-Giroud-Maurizio-Sarri-Man-Utd

CHELSEA striker Alvaro Morata has revealed he struggled to maintain his goalscoring form last season because he was playing with an injury.

The Spaniard arrived at Stamford Bridge from Real Madrid last summer in a deal worth £58m.

Morata got off to a flying start in England, netting seven times in his first seven appearances.

But the goals soon dried up and he eventually lost his place to January signing Olivier Giroud.

Morata claims he was playing through pain in an effort to be selected for Spain’s World Cup squad.

Snip