Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

“I have to battle with opposing central defenders, and over here they are far stronger physically than in any other country,” Morata told Spanish newspaper El Pais about PL.

“But it is fair to say that they are in a mess with their tactics and they offer me the chance to score goals as they get confused.

“The game here is different to what I know. 

“In Spain you have time to think and keep hold of the ball, but over here, by the time you’ve got possession you’ve already taken a couple of kicks from opponents.

“In Spain when you turn with the ball you have time to look up at the keeper and see where to aim. Here you just have to shoot straight away, but this helps make the Premier League attractive to watch.”

7 hours ago, RoyalBlues said:

“I have to battle with opposing central defenders, and over here they are far stronger physically than in any other country,” Morata told Spanish newspaper El Pais about PL.

“But it is fair to say that they are in a mess with their tactics and they offer me the chance to score goals as they get confused.

“The game here is different to what I know. 

“In Spain you have time to think and keep hold of the ball, but over here, by the time you’ve got possession you’ve already taken a couple of kicks from opponents.

“In Spain when you turn with the ball you have time to look up at the keeper and see where to aim. Here you just have to shoot straight away, but this helps make the Premier League attractive to watch.”

Basicaly means on the long term either he will adopt or he will not succeed. 

Hopefuly he will be our striker for at least next 5 years, so we can focus on other areas.

Not sure if this has been pointed out, but this bloke hasn't really done anything with his feet since getting here. lol...

2 goals - headers...

2 assists - with his head. 

1 big missed opportunity in the Spurs game - a header. 

Imagine once he actually starts kicking the thing. He has been going easy on the league. 

On 27/08/2017 at 3:36 PM, Rekin said:

He is still lacking in fitness imo, one of the most stationary offensive players we have, but I really think he is a quality player. He did pretty well on the ball today, and added another G+A to his tally.

Even though we have had a tougher schedule than Man Utd and bigger problems with our squad and red cards, Morata has already more points to his name than Lukaku. He has also played less. 

Morata is currently on 47 min/point, while Lukaku is on 90 min/point. 

Hello Rekin,

What is that stat all about? I've never heard of it.

42 minutes ago, communicate said:

Morata is a much better striker for spain to costa.

Imagine building a technical side and your striker is Diego Costa, who is brilliant but not technical

I honestly think he is a better player. 

Not that Costa isn't a great striker, Morata is just so much more well rounded. 

Funnily enough I find it hilarious some of the commentators have mentioned Costa's hold up play being better... 

5 hours ago, Thor said:

I honestly think he is a better player. 

Not that Costa isn't a great striker, Morata is just so much more well rounded. 

Funnily enough I find it hilarious some of the commentators have mentioned Costa's hold up play being better... 

I am not sure about better. Costa is a very physical player, he won us a few games ladt season where we were not playing well

19 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Hello Rekin,

What is that stat all about? I've never heard of it.

Hi.

I assume youre being sarcastic?

I was just comparing G+A per min played, seeing as Morata vs Lukaku was such a big debate this summer. 

Anyway, not his best game tonight but another goal and if he was a bit more lucky it could have been more. Overall nice link up play a couple of times, but went down too easily as well.