Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Morata to Man Utd for £60M and like we couldn't have got him...

I think we all know he was Conte's first choice but Emenalo wanted Lukaku... I really don't like how things are going yet again.

10 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

Morata to Man Utd for £60M and like we couldn't have got him...

I think we all know he was Conte's first choice but Emenalo wanted Lukaku... I really don't like how things are going yet again.

I do, we're getting a proper striker that has experience in the PL and has scored loads of goals already. 

Morata would have been the perfect Diego replacement IMO, at least like for like. His profile is more similar to Costa's than Lukaku's is. A lone striker who can be involved both in the build-up play and at the finishing. Decent back to goal and can still make things happen even when we don't have much of the ball. Also can press tirelessly all game.

The only explanation I can come up with is Conte doesn't see Morata as a lone striker and was only interested in signing him back when he wanted to use his favorite 424. Maybe he thinks Romelu is more adept to play alone upfront or simply he's looking for a different profile to work with. There's also the fact that he's homegrown but it shouldn't be a decision criteria.

If we actually sign Lukaku for more than Morata's transfer fee, our board will prove once again how good are they at making wrong decisions. Feel really sorry about this transfer, Morata will improve this shit mou team a lot.

18 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

If we actually sign Lukaku for more than Morata's transfer fee, our board will prove once again how good are they at making wrong decisions. Feel really sorry about this transfer, Morata will improve this shit mou team a lot.

If we judge board of directors based on transfer fees then everyone in the world is shit compare to bayern's, they got lewandowski for free. You should know barca transfer history too.

1 hour ago, King11Didier said:

Madrid have won three UCL titles in the last four years, two of them on the bounce. League title this season too. Clearly there is no more pressure to deliver and the perfect time for them to introduce new names in an ageing squad. They have made Isco and Asensio non transferable, but not Morata who is Madrid through and through and has Benzema as direct competitor who is turning 30 in a few months. Why is that? Why is Madrid letting a local lad go so easy if he's that good? Morata's goal scoring record is piss poor compared to Lukaku's. As a matter of fact there is a lot of other bang average centre forwards out there with a better goal scoring record than him. This season he's scored 15 goals against complete dross Leganes, La Coruna, Gijon, Alaves etc. and featured only before and after important matches when regulars were rested. 

Always find it funny how people would take Morata or Belotti (who by the way nobody has heard of before last season) over a proven EPL centre forward and Chelsea fan who is like 10 goals short of reaching 100 EPL goals at only 24 years old. 

Lukaku reminds me of bench warmers at big clubs that go to their national teams and play like superstars. 

I feel like if he plays with better players, he'll become poorer cause everyone around him is moving at s different rate. 

I tried earnestly to like Lukaku but honestly don't like it one bit. Nor I'm I a fan of Bakayoko. I'm not sure what Conte sees in Baka. 

But lets just throw away this 100mil to stay exactly where we were talent wise and hope the next 100 actually improves us. 

5 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

Lukaku reminds me of bench warmers at big clubs that go to their national teams and play like superstars. 

I feel like if he plays with better players, he'll become poorer cause everyone around him is moving at s different rate. 

I tried earnestly to like Lukaku but honestly don't like it one bit. Nor I'm I a fan of Bakayoko. I'm not sure what Conte sees in Baka. 

But lets just throw away this 100mil to stay exactly where we were talent wise and hope the next 100 actually improves us. 

Because we cry out for a matic's upgrade and we got exactly that?

the board was trying actively to reduce everton price. But thanks to a certain someone, the difficult bar is high now.

i'm not sure what you mean by talentwise? You mean abraham or michy?

23 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Madrid have won three UCL titles in the last four years, two of them on the bounce. League title this season too. Clearly there is no more pressure to deliver and the perfect time for them to introduce new names in an ageing squad. They have made Isco and Asensio non transferable, but not Morata who is Madrid through and through and has Benzema as direct competitor who is turning 30 in a few months. Why is that? Why is Madrid letting a local lad go so easy if he's that good? Morata's goal scoring record is piss poor compared to Lukaku's. As a matter of fact there is a lot of other bang average centre forwards out there with a better goal scoring record than him. This season he's scored 15 goals against complete dross Leganes, La Coruna, Gijon, Alaves etc. and featured only before and after important matches when regulars were rested. 

Always find it funny how people would take Morata or Belotti (who by the way nobody has heard of before last season) over a proven EPL centre forward and Chelsea fan who is like 10 goals short of reaching 100 EPL goals at only 24 years old. 

It simply shows how extraordinary the standards are at Madrid, rather it says about Morata not being good. Isco is fighting for playing time and when Bale is healthy he is on the bench, and if he was in the PL he would compete with Hazard and Sanchez for the best in the league. So would Asensio and James. A sub at Madrid is up there with the best in the world if they were getting regular playing time. Morata might not be good enough for the best club in the world, but he will definitely be competing as the best striker in the PL and make United much better. They are selling him for 70m that is not letting him go easy. 

They are targeting Kylian Mbappe to replace him btw, the best attacking prospect since Neymar. Unreal how they are 1-2 steps ahead of everyone else.

2 hours ago, mashimaru161 said:

Because we cry out for a matic's upgrade and we got exactly that?

the board was trying actively to reduce everton price. But thanks to a certain someone, the difficult bar is high now.

i'm not sure what you mean by talentwise? You mean abraham or michy?

I mean Lukaku and Bakayoko aren't really the 100mil upgrades I would go for if I wanted us to get to the next level.

i mean  100mil for these two or 120 for an Abamayung and Verati? The 35 mil we spent to replace Matic won't make much of a difference. But if we used that 35mil and added it to another 60, we would be able to buy a real difference maker. The difference between Baka and Matic won't win us any new trophies, but the difference between Pedro and Sanchez might have. 

19 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

It is not possible to answer you why Real Madrid are making all of this decisions as their 1st option Benzema had a bad season also and I'm sure that if Morata had the chance to play more matches, his stats will be far more impressive. Also if you watched Morata for Juve and Spain you could have known what more he can bring than Lukaku.
If Morata really goes for 70mln, Lukaku's price shouldn't be above 40mln and we are gonna spend around 100mln for him which is more than absurd. The only argument for Lukaku is only his scoring record and that's the only thing, I really hope if he actually comes to Chelsea he can even improve it, but I think player like Morata can bring a lot more for his team than the Belgium.

Morata is the same age as Lukaku and just look for the clubs they've played so far: Juve and Real Madrid vs West Brom and Everton :D For me Morata is more proven and a better stiker than Lukaku.

Benzema has a great chemistry with Ronaldo on the pitch, although Benzema had struggled individually, the team was still successful with him leading upfront. It was a successful formula, too risky to tinker with it. And ultimately it showed to be the right decision.

2 hours ago, King11Didier said:

If Morata really goes for 70mln, Lukaku's price shouldn't be above 40mln and we are gonna spend around 100mln for him which is more than absurd. The only argument for Lukaku is only his scoring record and that's the only thing,

Morata is the same age as Lukaku and just look for the clubs they've played so far: Juve and Real Madrid vs West Brom and Everton :D For me Morata is more proven and a better stiker than Lukaku.

Sorry but no the only thin lukaku has going for him is his scoring record???? Where is there a problem in that, the best score and I want are strikers to score I do care if they can't do fancy shit with there feet he scores end off. maybe he has only played for west brom and Everton and morata juve and real who has more goals? 

8 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Benzema has a great chemistry with Ronaldo on the pitch, although Benzema had struggled individually, the team was still successful with him leading upfront. It was a successful formula, too risky to tinker with it. And ultimately it showed to be the right decision.

This is a key point. It is tempting to judge a centre forward by counting his goals, but that is not the right method. The CF who makes the greatest overall contribution to his team is the one to go for.

Rom can help us. He is certainly a better player than Diego was during the second half of last season. He is not though the man I would choose.

12 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Sorry but no the only thin lukaku has going for him is his scoring record???? Where is there a problem in that, the best score and I want are strikers to score I do care if they can't do fancy shit with there feet he scores end off. maybe he has only played for west brom and Everton and morata juve and real who has more goals? 

I totally agree that in football the goals are what actually matters in the end of the day :) Hopefully Rom can continue with that for a big club as Chelsea too.
And it's pointless to compare his goals with Morata's as the Belgium has more than double of the Morata's playing minutes. And when you compare their minutes per goal, Lukaku has no long the advantage on his side :)