Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Question is how much is he going to cost? I have seen him priced in the £50 range and as high as 63m. That is madness, for someone witch such low credentials and medium potential. Basically a high risk and low reward investment.

At a reasonable price that changes something though.

3 hours ago, the wes said:

La Liga nonPK goals (5+) per 90':

1,05 | MORATA
1,02 | Messi
0,90 | Suárez
0,71 | Bakambu
0,66 | Paco
0,61 | Gameiro, Isco
0,55 | Aspas

http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/06/chelsea-transfer-target-alvaro-morata-best-in-la-liga-for-non-penalty-goals-6620265/

m9eD1xD.jpg

His hold up play and link up play is immense at times. After watching Diego Costa struggles I see this as a huge feat and relief really. He'd need to replace 20+ goals a season striker, is Morata able to score 20+ goals in a season?  Yes.

Won't say no to him. Still Belotti should be our number 1 target but Morata is ahead of Lukaku for me. 

This thread Turning into Douglas Costa topic some lads think he was average the same thing they saying about morata and Douglas Costa  put a few eggs on faces with a few guys on this forum if Conte thinks morata can do the job for us he has my full support 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

This thread Turning into Douglas Costa topic some lads think he was average the same thing they saying about morata and Douglas Costa  put a few eggs on faces with a few guys on this forum if Conte thinks morata can do the job for us he has my full support 

Speaking of Douglas Costa, if the rumors are true about Bayern going all out for Alexis maybe we should try to get him. Or Müller who doesn't appear to be first choice for them any longer.

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Douglas started well at Bayern but he is still behind Ribery and Robben. I doubt that he would make a great impact with Hazard, Pedro and Willian at Chelsea.

13 hours ago, Pizy said:

Speaking of Douglas Costa, if the rumors are true about Bayern going all out for Alexis maybe we should try to get him. Or Müller who doesn't appear to be first choice for them any longer.

No way Muller will leave Bayern and even if he's available, I don't see exactly what he will add to this team.

11 hours ago, The Skipper said:

My problem with Morata is that nothing in his skill set is exceptional. 

Not to mention his lack of personality. Morata is the type to go with the flow. If the team plays well, he plays well. If the team doesn't play well, he doesn't play well and becomes quite anonymous. He won't 'win' you games and carry the team when in trouble.

One of the reasons so many strikers flopped or disappointed for Chelsea is because the service for the strikers isn't the best. Quality attacking play has never been Chelsea's strength. Not on a consistent basis. And Chelsea have often been defensive in big games. This leads to the man up top having to fend for himself quite often and needing to produce individual moments of brilliance. We all know Drogba revelled in this role. Costa has delivered big time on more than a couple of occasions as well. It says a lot how we, as fans, don't even expect the #1 goal-scorer to score 30+ goals per season (in all competitions) even though all top teams possess at least one such player.

Being Chelsea's top dog up top is a very tough job. You need a certain spirit and swagger to truly succeed (you know who would be absolutely perfect for Chelsea, Luis Suarez). Granted, Conte's Chelsea is a bit different, but he's still a manager who relies on defensive solidity above all.

I do prefer Morata over Lukaku though. Lukaku scores his goals but his overall game hurts the collective strength of the team. Surround Morata with top quality and he'll do a fine job. That's how I see it anyway. But I have strong doubts about his potential. A good striker? Sure. A world-class striker? I don't think so.

(I also find his technique to be overrated. Some make him sound like prime Van Persie or Ibrahimovic. Don't see it all.)

For whatever it is the Madrid fans I know are convinced that Morata will play for Conte next season. Believing he has one foot out of the door and his girlfriend already relocated to London.

They seem confident but I am not sure, I am skeptical of such certainty in the transfers market.

8 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

For whatever it is the Madrid fans I know are convinced that Morata will play for Conte next season. Believing he has one foot out of the door and his girlfriend already relocated to London.

They seem confident but I am not sure, I am skeptical of such certainty in the transfers market.

He has outright stated that he's not happy with his playing time and it's not going to change anytime soon so they are probaly right :)

now we just wait for belotti news, lukaku can f*ck off to MU, he doesn't bother to help his team with defending and pressing duties :D 

To be honest even at Juventus he was hugely inconsistent (think a few CL goals made everyone think he was this genuine top player) and has been the same at Real. Honestly would be a mistake to sign him to replace Costa I think. If he was an alternative to Costa from the bench maybe but like I said in another thread is he really good enough to push Costa and create healthy competition with him? Like Batshuayi, I don't think so.

Coming from a Madrid fan, Morata is not considered by Madrid fans as anything special. We would never realistically consider him as a starter, only as a sub, but since the BBC is politically placed to play most games by Perez and since Zidane doesn't seem to like Morata all that much anyways, he's been noticeably ostracized. There's also the fact that Isco, Asensio, Kovacic, and Lucas are better options for multiple reasons as super subs and alternatives, so it's not that he doesn't play because he's terrible, it's not that.

The belief going around is that the end of a cycle is coming at Madrid, BBC is coming to an end, Benzema's expiration date is here, he's turned sour, Bale is a fabricated myth that's often injured, and Mbappe is the future; James and Morata would then be used to collect 100 million euros or near that range that would be used in Mbappe operation (Mbappe is a Madridista and CR7 fan). Mbappe would be played as LF or CF interchangeably with Ronaldo while Benzema sits in the bench as a super sub, and Mbappe would probably have Galactico political privileges in the squad.

Back to Morata, the good thing is that he is a hard worker, he will help defend, press, etc, he has an aerial presence, has great straight line speed, and will feel he has something to prove once he leaves Madrid permanently, once he gets playing to his maximum abilities he should be alright at the very least. Not elite but good. He is a bit stiff like a tree trunk though, so don't expect great agility when surrounded, or great ability to dribble himself out of problems. He can also pass and shoot quite well enough, but he's not particularly nimble or technically gifted. Adequate player if surrounded by a good team.

Looking at current market situation, should cost Chelsea anywhere from 45ish to 55 million euros.