Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

To be honest I've never really heard anyone enjoying living in London (or any other big city for that matter). People move there because of career, not because they love their two-hour commute, crowding and pollution.

Best way to make Alvaro comfortable is by playing good, attacking football so he gets as many chances in front of goal as possible, not by guiding him to the best restaurants in Soho.

players need to learn to keep their mouths shut, let´s see his true commitment to our cause after these statements, im sick of players flirting with other clubs while playing for us, it just shows a big lack of respect to Chelsea Football Club, lets just hope this doesnt get blown out of proportion and Morata keeps banging in goals and not sulk
That's the problem with most modern players. Always seem to talk and it normally backfires somehow.

8 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

To be honest I've never really heard anyone enjoying living in London (or any other big city for that matter). People move there because of career, not because they love their two-hour commute, crowding and pollution.

Best way to make Alvaro comfortable is by playing good, attacking football so he gets as many chances in front of goal as possible, not by guiding him to the best restaurants in Soho.

You have to be happy where you live especially when you move to England. It's cold and wet all the bloody time and it gets dark at half four in the afternoon in the Winter. Take Oscar for example he came from a sweltering hot country to England didn't speak any English and didn't know anyone and was staying at the hotel in the ground. Once training is over what then? I know people will say he's well paid but personal happiness is important Conte's missus and daughter not coming over certainly affected him. Doubt Morata would spend much time in Soho unless he's got a secret crack habit :).

But Btshuayi did play just as bad when he came on, as he usually does. Aside from his goals, which he does take well when coming off the bench, his overall play is consistently very poor.

Morata was indeed poor today against roma, but honestly who was good? Azpi and Hazard for 15min or so and barring his finishing? 

True. Which is why we should've signed Llorente (NOT sending Bats out on loan), and started trying Conte's (apparent) favoured 2-striker set-up. Chelsea for as long as I've supported have seemed allergic to playing 2 strikers up top. Even with Drogba+Anelka on the pitch, Anelka would be played as a damn winger.

I have reserved my judgrment on Morata and Bakayoko, since they are new and whole team plays like shit (just look at Pedro in first season when we were shit and then in his second). But Baka is 23, came from smaller club, while Morata is 25, played in juve and real, plus he is striker and I always except more from strikers, since its very delicate position.

So...

Im not impressed at all tbh.

Not saying he cant improve whatsoever, but the style he plays makes him absolutely not main #9. 

He can be great second striker, but uptop you need someone ruthless, someone who burries chances and bullies defence, not vice versa. 

Dude is 190 and gets bullied by every damn opponent. He isnt "weak". Its all in the head. 

Technique is there, finishing can be improved. Despite I get awol when he misses the whole goal shooting with his feet almost everytime 1v1, I guess that can be improved. But mentality is something that cant. 

I wanted him to come here because he was serious worker back then at juve and even in Real. He ran and ran and chased opponents. Here, all he does is jog around and either makes quite good pass or loses the ball in attempted dribble. 

His attempts to dribble the defensive line are quite shitty to be honest.

2 hours ago, Special Juan said:

This 70M man will always get the nod over Batman, always. It's like the Cahill situation, he has the armband, Morata has the price tag, they will both always start because of the what comes with them.

To be fair, Morata is the better player, that's why he starts...but honestly speaking, he's not what we need up front after seeing the likes of Drogba, Costa lead the line, physically bully the opposition.

To be fair this last couple of games he’s been poor but the common thing with him is he usually gets himself one or two big chances where as Batshuayi plays bad and doesn’t. Once he gets a goal or two again he will be fine. He’s hardly Torres 

6 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

If Batsuayi played as bad as he did today this thread would be exploding with attacks on his social media life, and everything else.

Hazard fighting to get in the box and for support and Morata strolling around like he cant be bothered.

More performances like last night and you start to wonder about those London comments etc.

Morata is a good striker but is he really the right type? Is he really the striker that we need? Have said it many times before, this team is built to have a physical striker leading the striker. In fact, it needs one and we have always needed one for the past decade. Do agree that Morata needs to do better with his hold up play and be stronger on the ball but at the same time, it feels like we're asking to become a different type of striker, to be another Drogba/Costa, one where his qualities do not suit it at all.

9 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

To be fair this last couple of games he’s been poor but the common thing with him is he usually gets himself one or two big chances where as Batshuayi plays bad and doesn’t. Once he gets a goal or two again he will be fine. He’s hardly Torres 

Torres comparissons shouldnt even happen in first place. Torres was below average and saying Morata is better than him, doesnt make Morata quality. 

The real question is if he is or can be better than Costa. 

He's never played with so few top quality attack-minded players. If we had say, a Sanchez on the right, Morata would've banged in an extra 5 or more by now, easy. There'd be so much less pressure on him to score too, and that's important for keeping the mind fresh, considering the body + mind manifest eachother.

8 minutes ago, Leif said:

He's never played with so few top quality attack-minded players. If we had say, a Sanchez on the right, Morata would've banged in an extra 5 or more by now, easy. There'd be so much less pressure on him to score too, and that's important for keeping the mind fresh, considering the body + mind manifest eachother.

Ehhh. I agree that there's much more pressure on him to score now that he's the main man we depend on and that he'd look much better with more quality around him. But these last couple of matches he's had many clear chances that a player of his caliber should have scored. Instances where he was basically 1 v 1 against the keeper and didn't finish.

I think he's just in a poor run of form right now. 

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Last time we played with two out and out strikers regularly was when we had Eidur and JFH. I'm not counting Zola as he operated more like Hazard as a second striker in his latter years. Even Anelka was shoe horned out wide to accomodate "Kalouda" and Drogs. From the top of my head, Anelka/Torres, Drogs/Sheva and Drogs/Crespo were onces that were tried out.

I'm not sure why we haven't given it go from the start. Can we be even more vulnerable in defense/midfield playing while playing two up top?

After yesterday's horror show, I sincerely doubt it. It couldn't be any more worse.