Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

2 hours ago, DDA said:

I have to say. Even before we was in for Morata and United were circling him, I was taking the piss out of my United mates. I thought it was brilliamt that they were going to spend soo much on him. Then we went and got him and now I am trying to convince myself that he will come good. It is early days and I will only judge after half or a full season depending on how bad or good it gets. All the early signs are worrying me though.

Yep, pretty much spot on on the last few sentences you wrote. I want him to prove me very wrong. 

2 hours ago, Polo7 said:

Fucking hell this thread has become pathetic. 

People moved heaven and earth to defend Torres even after all his failings and yet, people are already giving up on Morata after 2-3 short appearances. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

People moved heaven and earth to defend Torres even after all his failings and yet, people are already giving up on Morata after 2-3 short appearances. :lol:

People defended Torres soo heavily because he always gave 100% despite playing like a plumber for Gillingham. Nobody is giving up on Morata yet but the scars run deep from past failings of the number 9 spot. I think people are more scared of history repeating itself. 

4 minutes ago, DDA said:

People defended Torres soo heavily because he always gave 100% despite playing like a plumber for Gillingham. Nobody is giving up on Morata yet but the scars run deep from past failings of the number 9 spot. I think people are more scared of history repeating itself. 

oh god not this number 9 BS again

Just now, DDA said:

It's more to do with position rather than numbers. You can't deny that this position has been a problem in the past.

It's been a problem for what? 2-3 seasons? Which coincidentally were the seasons that Torres was leading our line? Yeah i cant deny that, but that happened because Torres was a shit player( with us), all we did was buy a good player again and voi la, it worked.

The reason that Morata is being given so much grief is PURELY due to the fact that for some fucking reason he reminds a few people of Torres

6 minutes ago, lucashm said:

It's been a problem for what? 2-3 seasons? Which coincidentally were the seasons that Torres was leading our line? Yeah i cant deny that, but that happened because Torres was a shit player( with us), all we did was buy a good player again and voi la, it worked.

The reason that Morata is being given so much grief is PURELY due to the fact that for some fucking reason he reminds a few people of Torres

You think it is just Torres who has flopped as a striker at Chelsea?? 

45 minutes ago, DDA said:

You think it is just Torres who has flopped as a striker at Chelsea?? 

There is a big difference between strikers who have flopped for Chelsea and first choice strikers who have flopped.

We've definitely brought some dross, but certainly in the last 20 years I can only think of Torres and Sutton as first choice strikers who have been pitiful. 

Zola, Vialli, Hughes, Flo, Hasselbaink, Drogba, Costa...we've far from had it too bad.

9 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

To be fair to him he won more headers in the last 15 minutes than Costa did for 3 years. 

I think we all need to keep faith, he'll prove to be a good buy I'm sure of it.

Great stats. He also wore #9 shirt more times in the last 15 minutes than Costa did in his entire career.