Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Guys stop with this fucking bullshit.

Everyone here wanted to get rid of Costa because he had rotten mentality, regardless of goals or contribution. Everyone prefered "nice" striker, but no one thought that such striker might score less or have less presence. 

You got that nice striker. Not single one has right to talk shit about Morata because thats the striker type everyone preffered over Costa. 

On Morata note, I think he will come good and we need to give him more regular playtime in our best 11 along Baka and Eden. But yeah like I said million times, losing Costa is something everyone will be regretting because when inform, the guy was easily top 3 strikers in the world, rotten mentality or not. 

I get the feeling you are being to general saying 'everyone' wanted this and 'no-one' wanted that. 

I certainly didn't want rid of Costa. Nor did I call for a nice striker. Id bet many others were against selling him too. 

4 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I get the feeling you are being to general saying 'everyone' wanted this and 'no-one' wanted that. 

I certainly didn't want rid of Costa. Nor did I call for a nice striker. Id bet many others were against selling him too. 

I did generalize, but I wasnt too off. 

About 90% of members wanted to get rid of him, just check Costa thread for proofs. 

That said it was similar situation with Eden last summer. But then suddenly everyone changed their mind...

Guys stop with this fucking bullshit.
Everyone here wanted to get rid of Costa because he had rotten mentality, regardless of goals or contribution. Everyone prefered "nice" striker, but no one thought that such striker might score less or have less presence. 
You got that nice striker. Not single one has right to talk shit about Morata because thats the striker type everyone preffered over Costa. 
On Morata note, I think he will come good and we need to give him more regular playtime in our best 11 along Baka and Eden. But yeah like I said million times, losing Costa is something everyone will be regretting because when inform, the guy was easily top 3 strikers in the world, rotten mentality or not. 

No one prefered "nice" striker, we just wanted normal striker. Maybe NICER than Costa (not hard to be), but not Kante-nice striker.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Okay, I'm not entirely convinced Morata is the right striker for us but can we at least wait until he plays a few games with proper minutes before judging him? All the reaction after today's game seems to be born out of paranoia more than anything else.

Personally not worried about him at all. Training is one thing, but he's only played a few minutes with his new teammates. It'll probably take him a few matches to get on the same page. Getting Hazard back will help massively as well.

Morata needs time, just keep faith dont put pressure on him. I fear that the english media will turn him into another Torres. I really hope Conte gets him up and running faster. He shouldn't play till we are sure that he will hit the back of the net. We have to make sure that we fend off the stupid media guys that are just waiting to write articles about how United did the right thing going after Lukaku with the he is proven PL talent.

I believe Morata will come good. I still blame the board for this. They didn'd get these players in time for pre-season so that they can train and get confident.

I still feel Conte can bring the best out of him. Time and patience is key. Also make sure he scores the next time he is on the pitch (somehow)

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

Okay, I'm not entirely convinced Morata is the right striker for us but can we at least wait until he plays a few games with proper minutes before judging him? All the reaction after today's game seems to be born out of paranoia more than anything else.

People are less demanding than you think. If he had 1-2 good moments in those 20minutes (touch/shot/pass whatever... sth to talk about) few would complain. That was a really poor debut (his mistake in the conceded goal, lost penalty, hidden for most time) tbh and people should be worried. I praise talent when i see it but he has to show sth even for just 20 minutes.

1 minute ago, spyros_cfc said:

People are less demanding than you think. If he had 1-2 good moments in those 20minutes (touch/shot/pass whatever... sth to talk about) few would complain. That was a really poor debut (his mistake in the conceded goal, lost penalty, hidden for most time) tbh and people should be worried. I praise talent when i see it but he has to show sth even for just 20 minutes.

It's silly either way. Whether he had done well or badly in that 20 minutes, it's no indication he'll go on to do well or badly in the season. So why judge on such a short cameo? The lack of patience here is ridiculous and people seem to have forgotten that for most of the minutes, we were playing with 10 men and playing conservatively.

50 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Everyone prefered "nice" striker, but no one thought that such striker might score less or have less presence

Have you seriously completely forgotten our arguments? Those were literally the main points of my argument.  

4 minutes ago, TheIceMan said:

We have no Strikers !!! I like them both, but the man who left is twice the player that bouth of theese are !!! Sad, sad times ahead !!!

No he's not. Costa was great for us but people should stop overrating him. He had significant flaws and only performed for half a season.

You're all pathetic for turning on Morata so quickly. Atleast give the guy some time to settle before you turn on him. 

21 minutes ago, Belgiannutt said:

No he's not. Costa was great for us but people should stop overrating him. He had significant flaws and only performed for half a season.

You're all pathetic for turning on Morata so quickly. Atleast give the guy some time to settle before you turn on him. 

Actually I think its the other way: people here never gave Costa the credit he deserved, and as soon as Morata as was announced I said this season people would realize how important he was for the team success during 15 and 17 PL trophies.

Tô other side Morata fee was Just ridiculous. I cant understand why Neymar is generating all the fuzz when 70m was paid for Morata and the whole world acted as he was worth every penny.