Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

6 minutes ago, Despiadado.Maleante said:

I Fell the same way. He looks very low on confidence, way out of place and like he doesn't want to be here. It's vital we bring in a senior forward like llorente.

Dude he is stressed out, its totally ok. BUT he was actually kind of hiding today and that's really bad sign. Come on guys when we get bad vibes from new players MOST of they time they either fail in the end or end up average.

Could be a good investment but i highly doubt him.

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

He didnt want to take the penalty. You could see it in his body language, and he shouldn't have been forced to take it. This, much more than his average play, is more damaging to his confidence.

For me a striker needs to have balls. He needs to be dirty, needs to be a fighter.

Do you see any of those things in Morata? Personally, i dont.

Not trying to be a knee jerk but he's looking quite average ATM. I know he's been playing out wide but he just doesn't have a presence about him. The opposite defence looks in control of him. I hope he'll be better when Hazard's back, but the performance didn't help my concerns about Morata. 

Felt he did fine considering the circumstanes (1 man down with limited touches and chances). The penalty wasn't the best, true, but don't judge a player by his penalties. Lack of overall quality let us down today and it's the board's fault.

2 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Lol...the state of this forum though...written off so early already..

Ok. Tell ONE TIME that the thread was negative for a player and he ended up a huge success for a club. You dont need much time to recognize a great player. 

I think this guy will fail here. Not because he missed and penalty and was shit for the 20 minutes he was on (being a new player doesnt excuse him from the criticism others get) but becausr he is easily scared and mentally weak. Just like Torres. He hid today and that tells you more than full 90 minute matches. Hes not a kid either. He's 24. 

He's obviously not a lone forward either, he cannot hold the ball up and tries to be too quick with his decisions rather than waiting for support. Other times he doesn't even attempt to be the lone striker. Its that and his weak confidence which make me think he will fail. 

I know the cliche that you are supposed to give players time before you make a decision, but I was just as quick to accept Hazard and Costa will be a success as I am to think Morata. I don't know why it's ok for one type and not the other. 

Its ok if I get flak, accused of overreacting after losing to Arsenal, I don't mind. Im being honest about my opinions early. If i'm wrong it'll be great, but i think that's a long shot. Let's see how hia first few league games go. If he is just as bad with no improvement, we shouldn't turn a blind eye. 

2 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I think this guy will fail here. Not because he missed and penalty and was shit for the 20 minutes he was on (being a new player doesnt excuse him from the criticism others get) but becausr he is easily scared and mentally weak. Just like Torres. He hid today and that tells you more than full 90 minute matches. Hes not a kid either. He's 24. 

He's obviously not a lone forward either, he cannot hold the ball up and tries to be too quick with his decisions rather than waiting for support. Other times he doesn't even attempt to be the lone striker. Its that and his weak confidence which make me think he will fail. 

I know the cliche that you are supposed to give players time before you make a decision, but I was just as quick to accept Hazard and Costa will be a success as I am to think Morata. I don't know why it's ok for one type and not the other. 

Its ok if I get flak, accused of overreacting after losing to Arsenal, I don't mind. Im being honest about my opinions early. If i'm wrong it'll be great, but i think that's a long shot. Let's see how hia first few league games go. If he is just as bad with no improvement, we shouldn't turn a blind eye. 

Exactly, it was so obvious that was hiding for those 20minutes and he actually didnt want to hit the penalty. The exact opposite of a mentality a striker needs. I hope he turns out to be a killer but thats an extremely hard task for conte. 

2 minutes ago, spyros_cfc said:

Ok. Tell ONE TIME that the thread was negative for a player and he ended up a huge success for a club. You dont need much time to recognize a great player. 

Lol..that isnt a proper thermometre to ascertain the success of a new player...the state of the match was pretty dire before he came on...Pedro reckless challenge doesnt help either...yes is a bit little low on confidence...but the negative overreaction here is...Lol..

Guys stop with this fucking bullshit.

Everyone here wanted to get rid of Costa because he had rotten mentality, regardless of goals or contribution. Everyone prefered "nice" striker, but no one thought that such striker might score less or have less presence. 

You got that nice striker. Not single one has right to talk shit about Morata because thats the striker type everyone preffered over Costa. 

On Morata note, I think he will come good and we need to give him more regular playtime in our best 11 along Baka and Eden. But yeah like I said million times, losing Costa is something everyone will be regretting because when inform, the guy was easily top 3 strikers in the world, rotten mentality or not. 

4 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Lol..that isnt a proper thermometre to ascertain the success of a new player...the state of the match was pretty dire before he came on...Pedro reckless challenge doesnt help either...yes is a bit little low on confidence...but the negative overreaction here is...Lol..

Unless you wathced the team for the first time, you would know Morata is eactly the type of play that normally fail at Chelsea.

2 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Guys stop with this fucking bullshit.

Everyone here wanted to get rid of Costa because he had rotten mentality, regardless of goals or contribution. Everyone prefered "nice" striker, but no one thought that such striker might score less or have less presence. 

You got that nice striker. Not single one has right to talk shit about Morata because thats the striker type everyone preffered over Costa. 

On Morata note, I think he will come good and we need to give him more regular playtime in our best 11 along Baka and Eden. But yeah like I said million times, losing Costa is something everyone will be regretting because when inform, the guy was easily top 3 strikers in the world, rotten mentality or not. 

You said it. Nice-guy striker. We see the nice, but where is the striker? You see blank in his eyes.