Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

I didn't realize he was quite tall! Also he seems to know how to head the ball which is already an upgrade! Based on his first words for Marca, he sounds really happy, grateful and ready for the challenge. Looking forward to seeing him in the Royal Blue.

A guy on another forum I spend some time on who is a massive Serie A & La Liga nerd and also happens to hate Chelsea wrote this about Morata:

"Morata will do very well at Chelsea and I will be quite surprised if he doesnt score more than 20 goals. I see nothing strange with the transfer fee considering his quality, previous clubs and goal production from somewhat limited game time. He has qualities that I think will fit Chelsea superbly, especially his ability to run between the lines and to carry the ball forward at a very high pace. His arrival may very well bring Chelsea's offense to another level". 

It just made me smile as he has been very accurate with a lot of transfers coming out from Italy. Of course it is just his personal opinion, but always great to hear someone who watches like every game of the league be positive.

If we can bring in Sandro I barely care about the rest of the transfers. Getting Bakayoko, Sandro and Morata would be a truly amazing transfer window, and the opinion seems to be that once Rudiger can polish his decision-making a bit he can be world class too.  

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/07/20/alvaro-morata-ends-three-year-wait-play-antonio-conte-undergoes/

On the fact he almost joined Chelsea last summer, Morata added: “Various Premier League coaches called to tell me to play for them. I said yeah, I’d like to, that if I had to leave I would almost certainly go to London, but that I didn’t know what Madrid would do. I knew they’d bring me back, but I didn’t know if it was to keep me or sell me.

“I spoke directly to Mauricio Pochettino and Antonio Conte, although the norm is clubs call my dad or agent. Madrid said they didn’t want to sell. I remember talking to my dad then and him saying ‘This guy (Conte) is going to win the League there (in England).”

1 hour ago, Rekin said:

A guy on another forum I spend some time on who is a massive Serie A & La Liga nerd and also happens to hate Chelsea wrote this about Morata:

"Morata will do very well at Chelsea and I will be quite surprised if he doesnt score more than 20 goals. I see nothing strange with the transfer fee considering his quality, previous clubs and goal production from somewhat limited game time. He has qualities that I think will fit Chelsea superbly, especially his ability to run between the lines and to carry the ball forward at a very high pace. His arrival may very well bring Chelsea's offense to another level". 

It just made me smile as he has been very accurate with a lot of transfers coming out from Italy. Of course it is just his personal opinion, but always great to hear someone who watches like every game of the league be positive.

If we can bring in Sandro I barely care about the rest of the transfers. Getting Bakayoko, Sandro and Morata would be a truly amazing transfer window, and the opinion seems to be that once Rudiger can polish his decision-making a bit he can be world class too.  

Did he write something about our capture of Rüdiger?

MORATA EXCLUSIVE

Alvaro Morata, ahead of his move to Chelsea, has been speaking to SSN's Paul Gilmour on his arrival to Heathrow Airport earlier this morning...

Asked why he has joined Chelsea, the Real Madrid striker said: "Because it is the best club. Antonio Conte is one of the best coaches in the world and I'm so happy to work with him."

Asked how close he was to joining Man Utd, he said: "I don't know, the most important thing is I am here, and finally I am here. Just the medical and everything is OK. It's one of the best leagues in the world, and I'm so happy to be here.

"I spoke with Azpilicueta, and he told me everything is OK."

https://storify.com/services/proxy/2/0g_nMUK0Kd76j6Ne8foq5A/https/d2kmm3vx031a1h.cloudfront.net/UeJqgscRTh6teocBW2ba_morata2.JPG

36 minutes ago, manpe said:

Did he write something about our capture of Rüdiger?

Not that I could see, I dont frequent the forum as often as I used to so perhaps I missed it. Rudiger being injured and played out of position for a while could also make him a bit low-key compared to Morata. Overall reactions to Rudiger there seem to be a bit negative, calling him a limited player better suited for EL than PL. I guess we will see.