Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

from the the above Marca interview and post: 

"I am very happy, god willing, tomorrow I will be at Chelsea, a club that has always admired me," the 24-year-old told MARCA as he left the camp.

His departure from the Estadio Santiago Bernabeu after returning from Juventus is all but confirmed, and so the striker is confident he won't one day be heading back to Real.

"Again, I do not think I'm going back to Madrid, I find it difficult and for now it's not something that I am considering." he stated.

"It was clear that the goal was to leave, it's been a fairly strange summer and until I pass the medical examination, I'm not going to be calm."

Travelling to England offers a fresh new challenge for the Spain International who would have found it difficult to break into Zinedine Zidane's starting XI this upcoming campaign.

"I hope that I do well at Chelsea," he added.

"I'm going to grow up, if not I would not have gone."

As for his coach, there are no hard feelings towards the Frenchman.

"I told him thank you very much for everything and good luck for this year," said Morata.

Well, just like everyone I'm feeling relieved and happy!

Need those WBs, another CM, and another foward (RW/STR) and this window will likely look like an unparalleled success for this club!

Congrats to Granovskaia (and maybe Emenalo??) and the club for making this happen!!!

Happy day.

21 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Well, just like everyone I'm feeling relieved and happy!

Need those WBs, another CM, and another foward (RW/STR) and this window will likely look like an unparalleled success for this club!

Congrats to Granovskaia (and maybe Emenalo??) and the club for making this happen!!!

Happy day.

4 more players? wow lol... 

Happy with this, I not just rate Morata but he's a player Conte obviously likes and wanted and it's vital we back him.

The only real question mark is can he score enough goals. I don't think there's any question the ability, temperament and potential is there for that and hopefully being the main man under a manager that fully trusts him will bring the best out of him. He seems motivated and raring to come and prove himself.

Sometimes things just click and become the right fit and I do have the feeling this is the case here.

I wasn't completely sold on Morata for the extortionist prices Real were asking, at £58m +add-ons this looks like a very good deal. He can come in and not feel the weight of having to fulfill a extremely heavy price tag, in a World Cup year he will be determined to perform as well. 

If he hits the ground running this will be a real coup, if we have to wait for him to start producing it will be hard. Expectations haven't changed for the club so he has to hit lofty heights.

5 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I wasn't completely sold on Morata for the extortionist prices Real were asking, at £58m +add-ons this looks like a very good deal. He can come in and not feel the weight of having to fulfill a extremely heavy price tag, in a World Cup year he will be determined to perform as well. 

If he hits the ground running this will be a real coup, if we have to wait for him to start producing it will be hard. Expectations haven't changed for the club so he has to hit lofty heights.

The fact that £58m isn't considered a "heavy" price tag anymore is just insane to me. :D But it really isn't when you see what other clubs are paying for players. Morata for just a tad more than Walker/Stones/Sterling and about 30m less than Lukaku/Pogba.

Even fucking Arsenal have spent £50m on a player this summer!

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The fact that £58m isn't considered a "heavy" price tag anymore is just insane to me. :D But it really isn't when you see what other clubs are paying for players. Morata for just a tad more than Walker/Stones/Sterling and about 30m less than Lukaku/Pogba.

Even fucking Arsenal have spent £50m on a player this summer!

Less than we sold Oscar for... Let that soak in.

4 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Right. So first thing's first - happy to end our striker hunt. Secondly, as some of you know I don't rate the guy as highly but I'll keep my mind open as always. Thirdly, my main problem was the outrageous fees that were coming out - the 70/80m's. But we've apparently got him at £58m (initial) which isn't bad at all. 

It'll be great to have a striker who's known for his reliable link up play, but I hope Morata is ready for the Chelsea challenge. This is the first club where he'll be the undisputed number one striker, so he has some pressure. 

For £58m, he's a better buy than Lukaku at £75m for sure. Almost £20m less! A lot less pressure. The move feels good. Well done to the board who managed to negotiate this fee. Low key hoping that Conte's new contract enforced this and maybe another big signing (Alex Sandro ;)). 

A lot of respect for what you wrote mate. Lovely stuff!