Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

7 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

Judging by the comments, one might think that the club had signed the Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime, instead of Real Madrid's waste. :o

No mate, when Torres was announced years ago the forum went down due to traffic. People are really calm right now.

I mean I'm very happy and excited, but £70 m are way too excessive for a player that is somewhat unproven to be the leading striker of a top team (or any team). I'm still cautiously optimistic, I hope he fulfills the great expectations we have for him and turn out to be the world class striker we paid for.

8 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

Judging by the comments, one might think that the club had signed the Brazilian Ronaldo in his prime, instead of Real Madrid's waste. :o

Yes, Real Madrid waste. Just like Makelele.

4 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Sanchez.... would u call him Barcelona's waste?? Just because morata is coming from Madrid doesn't make him there waste.

No comparison between Sanchez and Morata. One was a regular at Barca, incredible with Chilie, and shown so much in his career. While you can not say any of those about Morata.

24 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I dont think he is worth the kind of money people say we are paying, but I really hope he will score more goals than Lukaku, since I'm pretty sure United went for Lukaku just because Mourinho is obsessed with the idea of beating his old club in every way possible. They even made a last minuted bid for Bakayoko. 

I'm taking tabloid reporting with a pinch of salt. It was widely publicised that Chelsea wanted Lukakau but I've not seen any evidence of a bid. The same might he said for United and Bakayoko.

I've read quite a few articles analysing Moratta and whilst it's true he hasn't banged in 20 a season year on year everything about his stats suggests he is capable. 

Lukaka is a proven goal scorer, but the problems which Mourinhi highlighted when we sold him (in short his work ethic) remain.

Each have there merits, Morattonis more technically gifted, and a tireless worker for the team. Lukaka is goal machine able to impose himself sing his physical preference. But I'm happy with the purchase, seal the deal for Sandro and this makes for a great transfer period for Chelsea IMO.

16 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

at one point or another every one is some ones waste. Lukaku was our waste but he turned into quite the sought after player.

I just hope Conte can bring the best in him that the price tag would start to look silly in few years.

6 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Sanchez.... would u call him Barcelona's waste?? Just because morata is coming from Madrid doesn't make him there waste.

Not really a great comparison, Sanchez was actually an important part of Barcelona's squad for a couple of seasons, and became superfluous only after the signing of Suarez.

Morata on the other hand has never been a first team player in his life. Sorry for ruining the mood and being "a prick", but I find it difficult to get excited to see the club break its transfer record for a benchwarmer.

12 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

From a risk and reward concept absolutely. Mbappe is already one of the best and huge potential. Mbappe could walk into any starting squad with the exception of Barca, and possibly Madrid.

How about Morata at age 25? He has neither great potential or great body of work.  Madrid fans i know are calling it their best piece business since signing Ronaldo. Only Madrid fans who are gutted are those who are sentimental because he is a Castilla product. 

Played for the Italian champions season before last, played for the Spanish Champions last year now signed to the Neglosh champions for the coming season.

You can say what you like but he has consistently performed for the best teams in two out of the top 5 leagues in Europe. Everything suggests he'll be capable of doing just the same in the EPL.

Can't really call him waste when they play with Benzema as well as Ronaldo and Bale, difficult to get a real sniff in all honesty. His goal return is good for someone who has played a cameo role week in and week out.

There is a saying..."One mans trash is another mans treasure" 

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

Can't really call him waste when they play with Benzema as well as Ronaldo and Bale, difficult to get a real sniff in all honesty. His goal return is good for someone who has played a cameo role week in and week out.

There is a saying..."One mans trash is another mans treasure" 

To be honest, he always played better when coming on as a sub compared to when he started the game from the beginning. Afraid that this will happen for us too...hopefully he can step his game up or we are in for a nightmare next season.

Finally...Striker position is sorted for the future..It would be a joy to watch Chelsea side with a good technical player who can link up with others...Morata as ST will make us play beautiful football

I expect a lot from Bakayoko because he was one of our targets from the beginning and he was also very good in Monaco of course.
Morata will replace Costa -let's hope- so effectively we have made one transfer in total (ok, plus Rudiger the defender from Roma).
We need one more.