Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

8 hours ago, Chelsea? said:

U know so much more than they do. 

Isn't obvious? Why would we sign Aubameyang who does not fit the system? Why after all the Morata links back from last summer till now just to sign Aubameyang? Logic.

Just now, Chelsea4 said:

Isn't obvious? Why would we sign Aubameyang who does not fit the system? Why after all the Morata links back from last summer till now just to sign Aubameyang? Logic.

It's called reality vs planing. Seems like Lukaku was our main target. 

I'm walking in circles here but I can't stress this enough: Morata has NO game-breaking attribute.

He's not blessed with unreal athleticism.

His technique, while good, is not amazing.

His general on-pitch personality is too tame.

His movement is good but nothing special, yet again.

If you want a player of Morata's profile play Batshuayi and don't spend that crazy amount of money on a nice player. What new dimension exactly does Morata offer to our team? How does he change this club's future for the better?

7 hours ago, Amblève. said:

... And still he will cost us 70m :)

While your argument is totally valid for moratas attributes, we can't deny the fact that right now it seems that the only options are morata or nothing.

And even though I agree with you that he doesn't have a major strength the same can be said about his weakness.

Morata game is constant in terms of touch and movement, those are great improvements comparing to the striker options we had.

You could argue about about his score rate, but I'm certain the he would improve our overall play.

And now answering your question, I think is more harmful to our club not signing a striker than signing morata, even considering his value, it would show a lack of ambition from the club, Conte wouldn't be happy, I don't think Conte wants to have only bats and a possible sub striker leading the line, as much as I love bats it wouldn't be enough for many reasons.

The only problem I see with morata is his price, but i do believe he is a great pick with the right mentality for conte

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3010 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Amblève. said:

I'm walking in circles here but I can't stress this enough: Morata has NO game-breaking attribute.

If you want a player of Morata's profile play Batshuayi and don't spend that crazy amount of money on a nice player. What new dimension exactly does Morata offer to our team? How does he change this club's future for the better?

Or, simply, he has no fire. I don't see Morata as a highly motivated footballer. A tall, yet reasonably skillful slouch.

9 hours ago, Amblève. said:

So true. He is kind of a jack of all trades master of none. Yet his highlight reel is tremendous. Some brilliant pieces of skill and great finishing. If he wants he has to skill to beat various defenders, the pace to beat the offside trap and the composure for those top corner finishes of his. And he has done that against top oppositions. Real, Bayern, Barca, Dortmund. One might get tempted to go go full TheWiz and assume that only because a player can hammer one in the top corner from 30 yards every blue moon that all he needs is the right incentive or motivation to do so regularly. But that is bullshit. People rarely change and when you are a lazy person you probably will be your whole life. Being a lazy person myself I know only get so far with a regular kick up the backside. If I really want to achieve something I need an intrinsic motivation. And no one has seen such motivation in Morata so far. Maybe Conte could somehow condut some kind of inception and make him work hard in the gym to get more explosiveness, strength and sharpness out of him but chances are that will not have a lasting effect. Far too risky for such an investment.

Think with Morata is that his price is negotiable, Belotti has fixed price (release clause) for team outside Italy. So he might be the best option available for now. He is Mourinho's first choice, but he failed to sign him, then he turned to the second option, Lukaku. On a positive note, MU fans couldn't mocking us anymore, because we got their first choice striker.