Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

17 hours ago, Henrique said:

Jesus, I can't believe people keep throwing those numbers. Minutes per goal in this case is really misleading. I mean, Morata was a sub, and he usually played against weak sides. I'm sure Batshuay got some huge minutes per goal rate, specially when the stats are just arbitrary as this one (minimum 13 goal scored). So,  Batshuay must be king of minutes per goal rate* (*minimum 5 goals scored).

Morata is just not worth this kind of silly money Real is asking. This is the kind of player you get for 30m, or 40m in an inflated market, as it seems right now, but 70m for a player that was on the bench for most part of the season, and scored only 15 league goals in previous 2 Seria A seasons is something that doesn't make any kind of sense.

Modric and Marcelo nowhere to be seen on that last list, and they were arguably Madrid's most important players last year. It doesn't mean anything whatsoever. People try to use it as justification that he's some sort of important player for Real when truth is he isn't at all. 

It truly boggles my mind that this guy will go for anything above £40m. 

16 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Point is mate morata got RM 13 points with his goals if he didn't they wouldn't of won the league, sugar coat it all u want that's fact lol.

How do you know that? You're telling me Real don't have enough talent for someone else to step up?

5 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Modric and Marcelo nowhere to be seen on that last list, and they were arguably Madrid's most important players last year. It doesn't mean anything whatsoever. People try to use it as justification that he's some sort of important player for Real when truth is he isn't at all. 

It truly boggles my mind that this guy will go for anything above £40m. 

I really like Morata and would love to have him here. So much so that I'm increasingly in favour of a 3-5-2 to accommodate him. You are however right, both in fact and in principle.

The stat that this player, or that player, won a particular point is among the silliest claims made by the number crunchers.

Premier League clubs need to pause for a moment and consider how they are hurting their league with their spending habits. Madrid's decision to bring Morata back was, in my view, a purely money making exercise. If they succeed in selling a player they don't really want for £80m, a player they clearly do not believe will hurt them if he joins a potential CL opponent, then how are our clubs ever going to close the gap to the Spanish Giants? Such spending only bolsters the selling team's ability to out compete us. The money we pay to them subsidises their wages and transfer budgets.

I have believed for years that premier League clubs should stop competing on transfer fees, and compete harder on wages instead. An interesting league, featuring popular, competitive football is an attractive prospect. Top that up with £300,000 - £400,000pw and the better players, the ones who mostly prefer the continental giants at the moment, will be more likely to want to make a fuss to join our clubs. We'll have a better chance to get the absolute cream and we'll stop subsidising overseas clubs ability to match the wages we pay.

Consider Morata. If we tempt the player with a starting spot and £300,000pw, the chances are he would not have returned to Madrid in the first place, but, since he has, there is now a big fee to pay them. When amortised over five years, the difference between a £40m fee, and an £80m fee is an extra £160,000pw. Are £300,000pw - £400,000pw wages feasible? For the right players they are, yes.

The Premier League got rich, but it has not yet found the courage to get smart. Any PL club wanting to claim the £153,000,000 prize, doesn't have to run faster than the monsters in Munich, Madrid, Milan and elsewhere, it just has to run faster than the other teams in Manchester, London and Liverpool. So what if a club is stocked up with overpriced, middling players? As long as their overpriced players are better than their national competitors overpriced players what do they care?

Maybe the 16% drop in TV viewing figures will help them find the courage to stop taking the easy way out.

44 minutes ago, communicate said:

It looks like Madrid asked for too much for Morata. If United cannot sign him,i am not sure we can afford him. 

It looks like we screwed big time on Lukaku deal

That can't be Lukaku was even more expensive than Morata

Knowing our board they will put bid for Morata after he agree to join Milan (same as Lukaku with United) and they will be like "we tried but...", this is becoming pathetic, we need atleast 4-5 new players and to sign them quickly, but our board is doing nothing, another fucked up season incoming and Conte will be one who is blamed for potentially bad results 

17 minutes ago, lucio said:

I think their president said, months ago, that he wants both and they will work well together

Wtf? That is like a dream partnership worth nearly 200 million combined.. fuck me how do they do it so easily?

They already signed Andre Silva for a pretty big price. Sounds like Milan's new ownership wants to do a PSG and simply hoover up as many big names and expensive players as quickly as they can to buy their way out of mediocrity.

Still not worried yet personally. The pool is shrinking for us, though!

24 minutes ago, lucio said:

I think their president said, months ago, that he wants both and they will work well together

I doubt that very much. They already got Andre Silva last month for €40M and if they get Morata now too I don't see them going for a third new expensive striker in the same window. Then again I didn't really see Milan buying this many players to begin with, so anything's possible.

No smoke without fire, Morata's off to Milan. Wouldn't even surprise me one bit if the fee was something like €50M + bonuses while English clubs got quoted €80-90M up front.