Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

I just wonder...

What if we're planning on selling Costa back to Atleti and buying both Morata and Lukaku as our new striker unit? It seems that Lukaku is nailed on to leave Everton and I can't really see where other than here he goes if he wants to stay in England. Arsenal will get Vardy, United will sign Zlatan and have Rashford waiting in the wings, and I can't see him going to City where he wouldn't be "the man." Plus, he's the opposite type of forward that works in a Pep system.

Costa would probably love to go back and to be honest, the club would probably be a bit relieved to not have to constantly worry about his behavior. Never mind the constant injury worries.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

I just wonder...

What if we're planning on selling Costa back to Atleti and buying both Morata and Lukaku as our new striker unit? It seems that Lukaku is nailed on to leave Everton and I can't really see where other than here he goes if he wants to stay in England. Arsenal will get Vardy, United will sign Zlatan and have Rashford waiting in the wings, and I can't see him going to City where he wouldn't be "the man." Plus, he's the opposite type of forward that works in a Pep system.

Costa would probably love to go back and to be honest, the club would probably be a bit relieved to not have to constantly worry about his behavior. Never mind the constant injury worries.

That would be a good combo.

In the past I dreamed of Lukaku and Sturridge but that's past it. I would defiantly take Lukaku and Morata.

Also, it makes sense to get this done before the Euro's like these reports are saying. Like Kante for France, if Morata destroys and scores like 5 goals Real Madrid may just keep him or best case scenario simply raise the price. Some other European clubs like PSG are sniffing around too.

V.DEL BOSQUE:MORATA CAN MATCH SUAREZ & LEWANDOWSKI

The Spain head coach has backed the striker to reach the top of the game after two impressive seasons with Juventus and ahead of a possible summer move
Alvaro Morata has the potential to match the level of Luis Suarez and Robert Lewandowski, according to Spain head coach Vicente del Bosque.
The Juventus striker has enjoyed two promising seasons in Serie A since leaving Real Madrid in 2014, winning back-to-back Serie A and Coppa Italia doubles under Massimiliano Allegri.
Widespread reports claim that Madrid will exercise their buy-back option on Morata before next season, either to bolster their own attacking options or to sell him on to a higher bidder, with Chelsea among the clubs linked with an interest.And Del Bosque has no doubt that Morata can develop into the same lethal sort of striker as Lewandowski, himself a target for Madrid, or Barcelona star Suarez.

"That's his challenge," he told AS when asked if he could match the duo's goal record. "He has the potential to achieve it - that's why he's here [with the Spain squad]. The best proof that I believe in him is that he's been called up."Morata has very good qualities: physical strength, intelligent movement, intuition in the box, two feet, good with the ball and also in the air. He has everything to be a great striker."I expect hard work, movement, shots and, if there are chances, goals. He has to approach the midfielders, offer himself and provide an outlet to receive passes from his team-mates."He has to stretch teams, to know how to play on the shoulder of defenders. Essentially, everything you expect from a good striker."

Goal.com

couly.JPG

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just wonder...

If Lukaku wouldn't be such an asshole and loud mouth I would be drooling at the thought of him and Morata up front.

Keep Costa.

Álvaro Morata Characteristics

+ Strengths

Key passes
Strong
Dribbling
Strong
Passing
Strong
Defensive contribution
Strong

- Weaknesses

Finishing
Weak

Álvaro Morata's Style of Play

• Likes to dribble
  • Gets fouled often
  • Likes to tackle
  • Commits fouls often

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

If Lukaku wouldn't be such an asshole and loud mouth I would be drooling at the thought of him and Morata up front.

Keep Costa.

You don't like him because his a loud mouth yet you defend Mourinho despite him being a big mouth as well....

16 minutes ago, Fernando said:

You don't like him because his a loud mouth yet you defend Mourinho despite him being a big mouth as well....

José does it for a purpose. He is a smart man. He is backed up by years and years of trophies and winning mentality (I will give you that sometimes he goes overboard.)
Lukaku is just an asshole.

Must we bring this over to the Morata thread?

6 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

José does it for a purpose. He is a smart man. He is backed up by years and years of trophies and winning mentality (I will give you that sometimes he goes overboard.)

No :D

I hope we land Morata, he is the next big thing in football ... best striker available in this transfer window. 

3 minutes ago, LondonsFinest said:

Do people really read what I am saying. The transfer can't be done officialy until, at least,  July 1. The only possible thing is for Us and Real to strike a deal in principle or a pre-contract. Doubt that could get reported.

Cesc was confirmed before the world cup, Bosingwa before Euro 08, Paulo before Euro 04, Hazard Euro 12 etc...

You can make signings any time, you just can't register them to play unless it's in the transfer window, but as their is no games between now and July 1st, the window is open by all intents and purposes.

27 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Cesc was confirmed before the world cup, Bosingwa before Euro 08, Paulo before Euro 04, Hazard Euro 12 etc...

You can make signings any time, you just can't register them to play unless it's in the transfer window, but as their is no games between now and July 1st, the window is open by all intents and purposes.

I think they literally can't sell him before 15.7. because of buy back option from Real .. is that right?

1 hour ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

You said it lukaku is an ass, but so is Mourinho regardless of purpose. 

I'm just bringing your way of double standards. 

You can't judge one person for one thing and not see it in the other individual. 

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

It's because Morata's Buy back option can be exercised only from 1st July to 15th. It's not about anouncing/registering, it's that I doubt we have the right to do so, before that period.

15 minutes ago, Fernando said:

You said it lukaku is an ass, but so is Mourinho regardless of purpose. 

I'm just bringing your way of double standards. 

You can't judge one person for one thing and not see it in the other individual. 

If you can't understand the difference in how i replied i can't help you. :lol:
I'm closing it here because there is a huge "Alvaro Morata" title for this thread.

44 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

If you can't understand the difference in how i replied i can't help you. :lol:
I'm closing it here because there is a huge "Alvaro Morata" title for this thread.

Although I'm not advocating this particular debate carrying on, I don't see the problem with things occasionally going off topic, many decent debate has started that way.

Eventually things always go back in natural order which is all that matters.