Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

I have wanted a striker like him for so long. He does look a bit out of sync with his passing, but that will develop as his chemistry with the team increases. The only issue Ii think might be his fitness over the course of the season.

17 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It's against the law to shout racist abuse in England mate. So if you were at a train station I started to shout anti Italian songs at you how would you feel?. The whole yids thing is a tricky one and is for another debate and frankly I can't be bothered.

While the song was terrible, and clearly bigoted. I find it equally shocking that the UK is so backward that the cops can arrest you for saying something offensive, a reason to envy the Americans, with the freedom of speech enshrined in law.  

22 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Stupid song...

some our fans are stupid cunts do they not realise that our owner is Jewish that we have some good Jewish supporters now we are in trouble with the FA cause of a small group of fans :middlefinger:

His passing is just fine, he just needs to improve his awareness which is the most important thing in Football. There were a few instances where we would have probably scored if he was a little more aware of his surroundings, like the breakaway where he saw Pedro late (might have been just poor decision making in this example) or that one time Hazard was peeling off Leicester's defence and he tried to do it all by himself instead.

I've been a big fan of Alvaro since his days at Juve. His ceiling definitely is in the realm of elite strikers, hopefully he gets there in two or three years. I think next year with a proper Conte pre-season(and of course this season under his belt) will be big for him.

4 hours ago, the wes said:

some our fans are stupid cunts do they not realise that our owner is Jewish that we have some good Jewish supporters now we are in trouble with the FA cause of a small group of fans :middlefinger:

The best song that we have come up with in the past few years is definitely the Kalou one.

''He comes from the Ivory Coast Kalou, Kalou. He don't do coke like Adrian Mutu Mutu. He crossed the ball in from the left and it landed right on Riise's head and that's why we love Solomon Kalou''.

That's what football chants should be witty and over the years we have had some really good ones. Certainly better than Arsenal Arsenal or Liverpool Liverpool  which is all those pricks seem capable of.

6 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

While the song was terrible, and clearly bigoted. I find it equally shocking that the UK is so backward that the cops can arrest you for saying something offensive, a reason to envy the Americans, with the freedom of speech enshrined in law.  

Too exasperated to argue with you.

8 hours ago, the wes said:

Sutton talks highly of him but this is the guy who said Leigh Griffiths would destroy the PL 😂😂😂😂

He also said that if we lost to Tottenham Conte would leave. Mark Chapman finds it hard not to tell him to stop talking bollocks he clearly thinks like everyone else he's a tit. As for when he played for us he made Kezman look good.

14 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

Am sorry bit without giving an example because I would be banned instanty. I could say some highly offensive shit and I would expect to be arrested. There is a difference between freedom of speech and been a complete plank saying horrible shit around ppl that dont want to listen to it.

34 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Am sorry bit without giving an example because I would be banned instanty. I could say some highly offensive shit and I would expect to be arrested. There is a difference between freedom of speech and been a complete plank saying horrible shit around ppl that dont want to listen to it.

Well I guess that makes you a facist

57 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Not to derail this thread further, but I believe the issue with that line of reasoning is who decides what is "highly offensive shit" and what is not.

That's not to say freedom of speech should be absolute, either. Of course there should be laws against harassment, verbal assault, libel...etc.

And equally certainly a football club should be able to ban people for making bigoted chants.

But arresting people for saying bigoted things, that's not far away from thought crimes, imo..

Was pretty obvious when the footage of Morata saying goodbye to his teammates on the training ground came out that Zidane was surprised and caught off guard. Can't say enough about Morata having the balls and desire to leave his comfort zone to go and establish himself as the main man.

Must be said, it's hilarious if you check Twitter during or after many Real Madrid matches these days and seeing loads and loads of their fans complaining about how much better Morata is than Benzema and how angry they are he was sold. 😂