Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Chelsea who have moved into pole position over Arsenal by finding a €6.5m per year, 5-year agreement with Morata. (TMW) #CFC #RMCF #Juventus

Chelsea would have also carried out a first official and very compelling offer: €60m on the plate to sign Morata. (TMW) #CFC #RMCF #Juventus

Wouldn't mind signing him. Works well with a two striker formation, which is what I'm thinking Conte will go for. 

Some could say he doesn't score enough goals but he always steps up for the big occasions and that's exactly the kind of player we should be after instead of the Romelu Lukakus of this world who bully the little ones and then go missing when it matters most. Also wouldn't rule out him making that final breakthrough by becoming a more and more consistent goalscorer within the next year or two, if he does that he'll be unstoppable but even now he's a really good player.

€60M is still too much but maybe without CL football and no quality alternatives available we might not have a choice if we want to sign a top striker.

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

Yet we don't put a buy back to our players....

This comment implies that you have knowledge that in fact you do not. None of us has any idea what clauses have, or have not, been included in previous contracts.

Your comment also implies that you think the addition of such clauses is entirely at the discretion of the selling club. If you think that then you are wrong, if you don't think that then why post such a comment?

Why are so many people determined to guess what they think CFC is doing and then blame the club for it irrespective of the fact that the guess is very probably wrong? For example, many posters lambaste the club for being cheap in its transfer dealings last summer, yet we are now told, seemingly reliably, that an offer of €90m plus + 2 players was made to Juventus for Paul Poba. Whatever that is, it ain't cheap.

Never mind the facts people, just pour out your bias.

Welp.

Didn't he originally leave Real Madrid by his own request because he was unhappy on the bench? Now he goes back to Real Madrid to....ride the bench behind Benzema. Strange.

Just now, Pizy said:

Welp.

Didn't he originally leave Real Madrid by his own request because he was unhappy on the bench? Now he goes back to Real Madrid to....ride the bench behind Benzema. Strange.

I am pretty sure if Madrid activate a buyback, player has no say.  As he is aware of the buyback clause before signing for Juventus

30 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Welp.

I'm pretty sure Morata knows he'll be off to a PL team..

He was never going to displace Mandzukic and Dybala at Juve.

The buy-back from RM is just a technicality. Fiorentino Perez has no use for him, because he's waiting to splash the cash and get Lewandowski next summer.

That's the way I see it. 

10 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I'm pretty sure Morata knows he'll be off to a PL team..

He was never going to displace Mandzukic and Dybala at Juve.

The buy-back from RM is just a technicality. Fiorentino Perez has no use for him, because he's waiting to splash the cash and get Lewandowski next summer.

That's the way I see it. 

Sounds believable enough. Let's hope it's us. If Arsenal miss out on Vardy like it looks like they will Morata would be perfect in their side. 

44 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

That official confirmation makes it quite obvious that Real only bought him to make profit on him IMO.

Not sure that's the conclusion I'd come to. Seems just as likely he could stay as he's linking up with the rest of the first team squad for pre season. He sticks a fee more goals away here and they could be happy to keep him. It's certainly his first choice