Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Morata's interesting bits from his interview with El Pais. It's Google translated...

https://elpais.com/deportes/2017/08/31/actualidad/1504207999_793184.html

P. Ni Allegri in Juve, neither Zidane in Madrid, nor Lopetegui in the selection have ended by conceding that importance. Do you feel Chelsea offers you a rematch?

A. Fate has given me a chance. It is true that I have made some good matches, I have scored goals that have earned points and rankings, but you can not expect a player to score important goals or make important matches from time to time. Football is regularity. And now I find a team that has made a huge economic effort for a substitute of Madrid. That, after all, is reality. They have given me everything. Conte is to die with me, the hobby is to die with me and the club is to die with me. That's why I have to hit the table.

Q. What else do you need to prove your worth?

A. If I was allowed to play five consecutive matches ... In Madrid I never played five consecutive matches.

Q. At Chelsea you have shown only 10% of what you can do. Are you aware that you have perfect qualities to succeed on that team?

A. I am happy. But it's a new club and a new culture. I have two goals and two assists in two games. Everything starts to go on wheels and I'm not yet adapted to the game. I do not know my companions well, except the Spaniards.

Q. Does Chelsea play some Juve performances?

A. In Juve we played with two forwards, here we are three. It is complicated because you come from Madrid and the selection, where you can play with the spaces or not, depending on the situation. Chelsea tactically is Italian. You must conform to a scheme. The striker must always be a point of reference to help his teammates. You have to fight with the centrals and physically they are much stronger than in any other country. It is true that afterwards they are tactically messed up and offer you the opportunity to score goals because they are out of their league, but it is another football. In Spain you have time to think and hold the ball. Here as you hold the ball already have given you two kicks.

Q. Despite his physique he does not look very comfortable playing with his back to the goal.

A. Maybe the balls do not arrive like in Spain to play one against one; but the one that gets you has a chance to score, or two or three. But it's all very fast. You do not have time to think. You have to play it. Maybe in Spain when you turn around you have time to raise your head and look at the goalkeeper and see where to place the shot. Here is to hit him. That's why you see those goals. People hit him, sometimes they go upstairs, sometimes they come in all over the square. That's why the Premier is one of the most attractive leagues to watch.

Q. Why do you say that you can not find the spaces there?

A. The difference is that the Chelsea game is based on me. When we play with three up many times we face rivals who defend with line of three, as in Italy. The center follows me and the other two go one by one with the ends, Willian or Pedro.

Q. And how do you experience the jump to the selection?

A. I am learning the movements and tactics of Chelsea and I come here and again I have to get used to not being the point of reference of the team. Here maybe you play a ball or two for time, and you have to put it. Of course: you are with people who plays the ball very well, who moves very well with the ball, and the center forward is a figure that is to set up centrals, to occupy spaces and to score goals. In Chelsea it is shocking how the work of the tip is valued. It is systematic. Virtually without looking, the team plays for you. As did Italy in the Eurocopa: the ball reaches the side, the side looks for the first nine , and the nine has to always be ahead of the first central on the side of the ball, to play and leave, and to search the area. It is difficult to do in England because in the melee is one of the hardest championships. They are athletes. But once I have done that, if I hold the ball or I win the back to the central, or if Pedro or the end that comes from face takes the ball and I turn ... from there another story begins. Conte always tells me that if I take that first ball and divide the opposing team there is an almost certain chance. The other day against Everton, Pedro and William had two shots each in which the play came like this.

P. Conte's Chelsea plays Conte's Italy.

A. This selection of Italy has been left with the tactic of Conte of 2016: one point comes, the other goes, the first lets it pass and turns around; the other gives it face to face and they are going to finish both. In theory it is a very easy system for forwards. Because you see yourself supported. So I played with Tevez in the Juve: he came, gave the ball strong, he let it pass, turned around and play. I was going to the area to finish. It is a dynamic that fits with work. A lot of tactical work and nothing more. It's nice because teams in the Premier often go to the contact and fall into the cheat. Conte is a great lover of tactics.

Q. With Spain touches the ball less but has more pins.

R. Fair. Here is less space for the tip but at the same time you increase the odds of scoring. In Chelsea you play more balls; the team plays for you, and you are an important piece. Not here. Here are games that if played without center forward can win 2-0 or 3-0. There are parties that do not because they are very closed and you need the figure of the center forward to occupy spaces or to make walls ... People have a quality that at any moment you can put a pass inside or a pass back. The sides arrive elaborating ... It's different.

Missed the part where he controlled the ball, ran a few metres, passed it off to Ramos then made a run into the box to finish it off. Sick of the constant negativity on these forums.

I love morata bro and am not criticizing him when I said it was a tap in. I mean it was made simple but did not mention the run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, 1chelsea said:

I love morata bro and am not criticizing him when I said it was a tap in. I mean it was made simple but did not mention the run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Started the attack, ran like mad to get at the back of the post. I know people will just say it's a tap in, but that run and link up play. We wished Costa could do that in all honesty. I just hope he is as lethal as Diego in the box too.