Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Assuming you're talking about the offside goal? May need to watch the replay again but think Christensen's shot was going a tad wide. At least it's good that he attacked the ball though. Too often we have seen players just stand still and not gamble on a shot/pass/cross in situations like that.

Oh really? And yeah agreed. Anyway good signs, Michy still needs work but I guess Remy is here to fill the third striker void lol? 

Anyway best of shitty situation allowed Morata, Christensen and Rudiger to make solid debuts.

2 hours ago, Sh0n3x said:

Well done lad. Amazing how fast he is, when Willian made the cross, he just appeared out of somewhere and smacked it in. Really happy to have such a pacy forward, we lacked that since...mm...did we ever have a pacy forward? :D

Should have been torres. But he was never the same after that injury. 

6 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Loved his performance, effort and attitude. Not the mentally weak boy we feared he was. bounced back from that penalty miss immediately. He might very well be the man we need. Lets hope he can start next match, score again and put his doubters to shame. 

A-fuckin-men

23 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Sturridge had blistering pace.

AlsoEto'o Hasselbaink, Anelka, Kalou were quite nippy. Remy is blessed with extraordinary pace too. He could have gone on to become a great striker if he had managed to not get injured every other game and learned the offside rule. 

I would only agree on Sturridge. Other players you mentioned didn't really impress me with their pace. Sure they are not slow, but nothing amazing. I don't count Jimmy because I didn't watch him a lot.

Morata will do well, just you see :)

7 hours ago, Sh0n3x said:

I would only agree on Sturridge. Other players you mentioned didn't really impress me with their pace. Sure they are not slow, but nothing amazing. I don't count Jimmy because I didn't watch him a lot.

Morata will do well, just you see :)

Anelka definitely was always one of our faster strikers and still had that burst of acceleration and pace even if he was nearing the end of his prime with us.

Jimbo was more a brute (albeit a different one from Drogba) but also had a way of freeing himself quickly for his abnormally powerful shots..

But Morata does remind me a lot of Atleti V1/Liverpool's Torres, the way he went for the header and his running the channels to beat the offside trap...

I am drooling at the thought of him linking up with Hazard and Pedro. He single handedly turned that game around when he came on. Looks like we made the right purchase for our team. He is a must start. Spectacular effort from him. 

8 hours ago, zakhov said:

Anelka definitely was always one of our faster strikers and still had that burst of acceleration and pace even if he was nearing the end of his prime with us.

Jimbo was more a brute (albeit a different one from Drogba) but also had a way of freeing himself quickly for his abnormally powerful shots..

But Morata does remind me a lot of Atleti V1/Liverpool's Torres, the way he went for the header and his running the channels to beat the offside trap...

Aye, that's what I meant with his pace mate, Torres style of explosion to score. I didn't say we always had slow strikers, but I don't remember either one of our strikers for quite some times exploding like that. Great quality to have in Morata, it will be really good for counter attacks and important CL games.

3 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Reports saying he is unhappy he moved here. Its all coming at once isnt it. 

Bullshit, just those cunts from the media trying to unsettle Chelsea at every opportunity, us losing the 1 st game, Costa´s situation, etc we never fail to be out of the spotlight, i understand us being Champions and all.