Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

12 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Bashing him? Think your response is way OTT, I said he was useless against BM not that he was the anti Christ. Second point I speak as if morata is messi???? By saying what exactly, that he needs a chance down the middle?????? How did u get that conclusion I will never know. Sounds more like your trying to convince your self.

if i overreacted i apolozige, but its better that we stick to our own opinions , lets agree to disagree, im not going to engage in a battle of words with you, have a great day. Cheers

3 hours ago, lucashm said:

Ok, this ridiculous Torres comparison needs to stop.

One year from now this comparison might the pretty fair. The fact right now is: Morata is a 70m striker. Saying right now that he WILL give joy and won't fail is just speculation. 

9 minutes ago, Henrique said:

One year from now this comparison might the pretty fair. The fact right now is: Morata is a 70m striker. Saying right now that he WILL give joy and won't fail is just speculation. 

Yes, It is, but everything right now is pure speculation, but i've seen nothing from him these past few years that suggest that he will fail, so why keep comparing him to a striker that was alot older than he is right now, came here with a busted knee and on the back of an underwhelming season for Liverpool?

This whole Torres comparison comes from the fact that he is spanish and wears the number 9,and thats not a good enough reason in my book to keep flooding this thread with nonsense and negativity.

27 minutes ago, lucashm said:

Yes, It is, but everything right now is pure speculation, but i've seen nothing from him these past few years that suggest that he will fail, so why keep comparing him to a striker that was alot older than he is right now, came here with a busted knee and on the back of an underwhelming season for Liverpool?

This whole Torres comparison comes from the fact that he is spanish and wears the number 9,and thats not a good enough reason in my book to keep flooding this thread with nonsense and negativity.

No, the Torres comparisons from myself stems from the style of his play. The fact that he is wearing number 9 has nothing to do with it. Comparing him to Torres because of the style of his play isn't actually measuring his success based on that comparison. I hope Morata will succeed here more than anything.. I fo believe he will and the fact that Batsman is playing soo well will work in his favour. He can get on with his game knowing that not all of the preasure is on his shoulders alone.

This htread is just so confusing.

We have just signed a 60 m Striker and he has not played a full game, yet we are saying that he is going to fail or he is going to be like Torres.

I have doubt about this signing, I wanted Lukaku because I prefer a physical player up top but I will not judge Morata until he play a few game for us or at least play a full pre season game as striker

34 minutes ago, communicate said:

We have just signed a 60 m Striker and he has not played a full game, yet we are saying that he is going to fail or he is going to be like Torres.

I think the gross overreactions here have been from the people who think that comparisons to Torres is criticism. I'm pretty sure they are comparing the similarities between their demeanor, running, dribbling style and whatnot.. not that he is going to miss sitters day and night based on a 30 min cameo, that's just stupid. And people also seem to forget that Torres used to be a cracking player, being compared to prime or pre-prime Torres is not bad at all.

1 minute ago, manpe said:

I think the gross overreactions here have been from the people who think that comparisons to Torres is criticism. I'm pretty sure they are comparing the similarities between their demeanor, running, dribbling style and whatnot.. not that he is going to miss sitters day and night based on a 30 min cameo, that's just stupid. And people seem to forget that Torres was a cracking player before.

They said Chelsea Torres not just Torres.

If they are comparing him to Pool Torres then I think they are crazier because that Torres was lightning quick

Just now, communicate said:

They said Chelsea Torres not just Torres.

If they are comparing him to Pool Torres then I think they are crazier because that Torres was lightning quick

Who said, can you link?

15 hours ago, Henrique said:

As is saying he WILL fail. Goes both ways and there's no way to predict it. I personally think he'll be great.

38 minutes ago, communicate said:

Just read the previous page (6). 

Maybe I interpret their conversation wrongly

There was one guy who said "played like torres" and then there was one guy who found similarities in their postures and running, that's it. Was that enough to start this commotion? :lol:

58 minutes ago, manpe said:

There was one guy who said "played like torres" and then there was one guy who found similarities in their postures and running, that's it. Was that enough to start this commotion? :lol:

I honestly just want people to judge him until at least he play one full game as a striker.

I can't believe some of the comments here about Morata, the negative ones I mean.

He came on as sub for what? 20 30 mins and these ppl have condemned him, FFS give the guy a chance to prove himself, I mean fucking hell he aint even been to the Bridge yet

Hes1ofus