Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

5 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I just can't wait to see the football he and Hazard will play together once they've had more time to gel. Eden and Diego had a great understanding between one another and Morata is a much better footballer than Diego is so this'll be fun. 

Yep this will be a beautiful partnership. Shame its taken till the end of September for them to play together.

6 goals in 6 games. Is he good enough? 

I will say though, he needs to stay on his feet. I'm sure that is something he will learn, because Kane used to do this too in his first breakout season too. 

He is a strong guy, undoubtably, but he just needs to learn when to stay on his feet. It is affecting his link up play a bit, so once he gets it, it will be even better. Diego was actually amazing at this, but his problem was, even when he stayed up, retained the ball, he would lose it due to poor touch. Morata doesn't have that problem. Not expecting Drogba level hold up and retention, but he has the frame and skill to be able to do it at an extremely high level once he gets used to guys coming quickly up the back of him looking to knock him down or intimidate. 

Cesc Fabregas wants Alvaro Morata to start converting his assists having missed three

‘So far I’ve given him three [assists] and he hasn’t scored them! I told him on Saturday that he puts away all except mine,’ Fabregas told Spanish radio station Onda Cero.

‘Against Stoke I gave him two passes and he missed with only the keeper left to beat. I hope on Wednesday we get a better understanding!’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/25/cesc-fabregas-gives-message-to-alvaro-morata-after-the-chelsea-striker-fails-to-convert-three-assists-6954591/#ixzz4tnUZsgaX

7 minutes ago, the wes said:

Morata can marry my daughter with my blessing if he keeps scoring goals for Chelsea 😂😂😂

He's a young, fit, multimillionaire with dark Latin looks. Given half a chance, I doubt your daughter would give you much say in the matter. 😊😊

Fortunately, or is that unfortunately, my daughters are spoken for. 😊

2 hours ago, El P. said:

Yep, Henry explained how difficult that finish was perfectly. The finish was the most outstanding part of the goal, difficult to execute. What I’m finding is that Alvaro is very efficient in his shots - so it’ll be interesting to see whether he can go up a level in the future and maybe grab like 40 goals in a season - that’s what he should be aiming for, he has the capabilities to. We just need to get creators in the team with him (Hazard, Cesc). Seems like the speed of the PL might actually suit his development as a player perfectly. 

Alvaro Morata: "I am happy with my start in the Premier League but I can do better."

‘I had two chances at the end of the game against Stoke [but didn’t take them].

‘I also need to improve my physical condition to be as good as possible.’

Fernando Torres reveals he gave Alvaro Morata advice before signing for Chelsea

‘I spoke with him (Morata) before he joined Chelsea and told him I would be always on the phone if he needed any advice or if I could help him,’ said Torres.

‘Looking at the start he has made it doesn’t look like he needs any advice at all – already he is playing well and scoring goals.

‘Chelsea have one of the best strikers in Europe – and I am sure he is going to win trophies with them.’