Serge Aurier

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, the wes said:

CHELSEA are to make a late bid to sign Paris Saint-Germain defender Serge Aurier from under the noses of Manchester United.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/836538/Chelsea-transfer-news-Manchester-United-Serge-Aurier-PSG-latest-football-gossip

I don't see why Utd would need him. Valencia is a very solid RB himself.

Great player, I'd rather mold Ox into a RWB than rely on this guy solely due to his unpredictability and behavior issues. Conte needs his players to buy in for his style of play. to work as a team and do as the coach says. I can see this guy butting heads and that is not what we need. Maybe he just needs a new scene, maybe he just needs a coach with a firm grasp on the team to keep him in line, maybe drogba can make it clear to him that he needs to behave, These are all maybes and ones that are concerning. 

If we sign him I am cautiously optimistic cause the dude can ball but we saw how Conte/Costa got along and this feels like a similar pair. Hope i am wrong though cause he could be right up there as a top RWB if he buys into what Conte is selling.

24 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Hardly. We won two titles with Costa. Having players with a bit of an attitude is not always a bad thing.

There is a difference though. albeit an ass, Costa was at least a player who would fight for the team and put his body on the line. I doubt Aurier has shown the same. He is just a misbehaving kid. Talented player for sure. But taking him is a huge risk. Conte obviously prefers to work with humble characters, controversial ones can easily disrupt the harmony in the squad and make us target for media bullshit again. So the due diligence is essential here. 

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

There is a difference though. albeit an ass, Costa was at least a player who would fight for the team and put his body on the line. I doubt Aurier has shown the same. He is just a misbehaving kid. Talented player for sure. But taking him is a huge risk. Conte obviously prefers to work with humble characters, controversial ones can easily disrupt the harmony in the squad and make us target for media bullshit again. So the due diligence is essential here. 

You are referencing two incidents. One where he was on periscope and the other where he believed he was being racially profiled. There are no instances that have come up where he was considered a guy who wouldn't fight for his team. As a matter of fact if you watch him play you'd think just the opposite.

Every transfer carries risk, this is no different.

great that we bid! the only reason he's being sold is that he had a fallout with previous manager where he publicly dissed him. Apart from that, he's a very good player. I'm fairly sure he won't dare try this type of stuff with Conte... would definitely be an upgrade on moses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You