Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

7 minutes ago, Leif said:

Give him time x He is young x He is in a new league xx

- But Roma aren't in the Premier League.

So is it just his age now?

I honestly don't know what people are expecting from him. 

He clearly wasn't the finished product at Monaco (if we wanted that, Fabinho was the obvious choice) and one of his former coaches (Makelele) said before the season that you won't see much from him for 1-2 seasons as he needs time to improve/adapt to a new team. 

Again bad but the whole team’s been performing terribly for weeks now imo. This is why I said we shouldn’t be selling Matic for DD - TB coming back from a long injury only to be thrown into the side like that was bound to have these sort of performances happening. Plus the fact that he’s still raw as a player and needs time. Also, coupled with the fact that he’s possibly pairing up with one of the worst CMs in the world when it comes to defending or controlling a midfield battle atm...

Feel like he’s going to be scapegoated unfairly. Kante needed back ASAP - much better when he plays.  

10 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

I honestly don't know what people are expecting from him. 

He clearly wasn't the finished product at Monaco (if we wanted that, Fabinho was the obvious choice) and one of his former coaches (Makelele) said before the season that you won't see much from him for 1-2 seasons as he needs time to improve/adapt to a new team. 

We're expecting performances fitting of Premier League champions. If you don't bring that, you have no right being on the pitch.

We also expect players to use their initiative to improve once upgrading their company to the likes of Hazard, Kante, Azpilicueta, Courtois - not stay as they were a whole year ago, possibly worse. This 2nd part is enough to show he hasn't got 'it'. If he can't improve on his own in a year, if being around better players doesn't improve him, if being under a better coach doesn't improve him, ageing won't. So we're rightfully frustrated at the board, considering some of us said with confidence that Fabinho was the only option we should consider for central midfield from that Monaco squad. Bakayoko has the mentality of a clown. A pedestrian. A boy.

And, in fact, we don't expect anything more than this. This is exactly what I expected before signing him, and this is exactly what others now will continue to expect from him, rightfully so.

Imagine waiting until 25 years old for a 40m player to just be consistently decent. This deal must come under scrutiny; all parties on our end must.

Edit: And not signing Fabinho was nothing but an oversight. Why wouldn't the board want a finished product, who offers more, at the same age? Where on earth is the logic in signing Bakayoko for what would be the same sum, at the same age, because he's not a well rounded player? Does being shit magically mean you have acres of room to grow?

Edit 2: Carpal tunnel coming soon :lol:

1 minute ago, Leif said:

We're expecting performances fitting of Premier League champions. If you don't bring that, you have no right being on the pitch.

We also expect players to use their initiative to improve once upgrading their company to the likes of Hazard, Kante, Azpilicueta, Courtois - not stay as they were a whole year ago, possibly worse. 

Doesn't matter if he brings it or not, there is NO ALTERNATIVE in the squad. 

With Kante injured, our midfield was always going to be f*cked....but I didn't think it would be this bad. 

You say you expect players to use initiative and improve...but I would say most of the players from last year have regressed (apart from Kante).   

Courtois looks cocky, Azpi needs a breather, Luiz is back to the old Luiz (sometimes brilliant, other times headless chicken), Alonso has been found out defensively, Willian hasn't done much this season. 

14 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Yeah I was expecting a midfielder capable of picking up a pass, but I guess that's too much to ask. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone at all could name even 1 midfielder in the history of European football who went from unable to pass well at 23, to growing into a 'woah, good pass' type. He'll forever fuck up if he has the ball. Right now I'd swap him for Ramires.

Hazard right now and throughout all his time here, has been a similar level to what he was at 23. Courtois too, similar to when he was 23. Morata, same level as when he was 23. Cahill, similar level as his 23 year old self, surely, and then Azpilicueta too. 

This idea that a 23 year old player can become twice the player they currently are...that's something i've only seen happen at Barcelona, & with the greatest strikers to ever touch the game.

And please, let's not forget he's played beside Kante, he's played beside both Kante + Luiz, and was equally a nonchalant (not a compliment) pedestrian for the most part.

Is Cahill bad because of Alonso? No. It's because of Cahill. Bakayoko doesn't underperform because of Fabregas. He just underperforms even more when paired together.
Kante remains top of his game beside Fabregas usually. It takes more effort, but he does it, because he's very good. Bakayoko isn't very good. 

His passing isn’t that bad. He’s had games at Monaco where he’s consistently broken the lines and provided top assists/passes. The team’s whole level isn’t great right now, it’s silly to write off a player this soon when he’s not had the greatest environment to show off his quality. 

27 minutes ago, Leif said:

I don't think anyone at all could name even 1 midfielder in the history of European football who went from unable to pass well at 23, to growing into a 'woah, good pass' type. He'll forever fuck up if he has the ball. Right now I'd swap him for Ramires.

Hazard right now and throughout all his time here, has been a similar level to what he was at 23. Courtois too, similar to when he was 23. Morata, same level as when he was 23. Cahill, similar level as his 23 year old self, surely, and then Azpilicueta too. 

This idea that a 23 year old player can become twice the player they currently are...that's something i've only seen happen at Barcelona, & with the greatest strikers to ever touch the game.

Thank You. 

There was no reason to buy Bakayoko at all. His technique on the ball is embarrassing and the only way he excels is if he'd paired with a DLP like Fabinho or Matic. I wish his brother never caved in during negotiations, we almost, ALMOST got away from making such a tragic mistake. 

Imagine spending 40M on a CENTRAL MIDFIELDER, who cannot control or pass a ball without multiple touches or do so between the lines. 

He’s looked better for us in a MF 3 (Spurs and Atletico) than a MF 2. It’s clear he’s not a holding midfielder but a box to box midfielder. Like at Monaco he had Fabinho holding next to him. Kante is not a holding midfielder either but he is much more comfortable doing that than Bakayoko and Cesc well, he isn’t a holding midfielder either. Matic is more suited to a holding midfielder role, I think Matic and Bakayoko would of been a much better pairing tonight than Cesc and Bakayoko. Although Baka has a lot to show, he’s struggled a lot. He will come good at somepoint, he has potential but unfortunately he won’t surpass the standards of Matic who was key last season and throughout his time here. 

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

He’s looked better for us in a MF 3 (Spurs and Atletico) than a MF 2. It’s clear he’s not a holding midfielder but a box to box midfielder. Like at Monaco he had Fabinho holding next to him. Kante is not a holding midfielder either but he is much more comfortable doing that than Bakayoko and Cesc well, he isn’t a holding midfielder either. Matic is more suited to a holding midfielder role, I think Matic and Bakayoko would of been a much better pairing tonight than Cesc and Bakayoko. Although Baka has a lot to show, he’s struggled a lot. He will come good at somepoint, he has potential but unfortunately he won’t surpass the standards of Matic who was key last season and throughout his time here. 

IMO he can be at least as good as prime Matic but with better dribbling ability and more dynamic. And for longer period than Matic too.

That would be one damn great midfielder.

But Im sure fans here are like; 

1.) Matic isnt good enough on the ball etc etc. 

2.) Fans want new midfielder who can pass well and playmake etc and at same time defend

3.) We buy Bakayoko as simple Matic replacement in DM position

4.) Fans expect him to turn into next Iniesta, Yaya and Makelele combined.

____

Since we dont realy have playmaker apart from useless Cesc, fans demand Baka and Kante to turn super saiyan Iniesta, while their role is entirely different. Simply because we dont have quality playmaker, it doesnt mean they have to do that. Their job is DM and B2B, but obviously some idiots will be found saying those two aint creative enough, dont have vision or ball control of Xavi.

Yes Baka atm has atrocious ball control at times, aswell positioning and he should run more, but Pedro was shit too in his first year when the whole squad was shit, well this season isnt realy much different when it comes to players form compared to 2015/16. 

Real fans dont expect Casemiro to play like Iniesta. But they have Modric and Kroos and everything ticks. We need our own Modric/Kroos for this team, thats it.

If we are solely reliant on Kante and yet Bakayoko can't play a simple ten yard pass then we are truly fucked. This wasn't just a last night thing, he's been rank bad most of the season, he's lauding about like a lazy bastard, hes got a real culture shock in this league if he thinks he can stroll about like a homeless man.