Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

Not worried about him at all. It's clearly going to take him a bit to fully settle in and develop. Something we knew when we bought him. Something Conte knew when we bought him which is why he said himself the idea was to keep Matic and slowly ease Baka in.

49 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Even Kante looks poor when paired with Fabregas. 

We witness that in pre season fabregas is better in three man midfield when fabregas plays in a midfield Duo Kante or Baka has to put in double the work rate in midfield which is impossible to do for Kante or Baka fabregas is great talent with the ball but without the ball he's useless in Duo midfield role 

2 hours ago, Polo7 said:

People are hating on him already?? The fuck? He is probably exhausted from having to play next to Fabregas. He was poor yesterday but still had decent spells. Even Kante looks poor when paired with Fabregas. 

Kante looks worse with Cesc but not as much as Bakayoko. Right now we are playing with nobody in midfield. He is just awful for the past few games and theres no excuse.

6 minutes ago, BXL70 said:

Terrible performance yesterday, once again. He was just awful, a real embarrassment.

We keep buying the same type of midfielders, good "runner", "strong", "power"....with low IQ and football technique. I hope the board dont think Cesc can play until he is 50 years old. We need a similar player to Cesc who can start with Kante.

1 hour ago, positivefootball said:

We keep buying the same type of midfielders, good "runner", "strong", "power"....with low IQ and football technique. I hope the board dont think Cesc can play until he is 50 years old. We need a similar player to Cesc who can start with Kante.

They 're not all low IQ types.
Remember Enzo Francescoli of Uruguay ?
Some do I believe.
Fewer will remember Takis Nikoloudis, the Greek "Macedonian tank": - same style as Francescoli

I just watched the game again. Bakoyoko had a bad game but Fabregas was arguably worse. At least Bakayoko put in some effort when Watford had the ball. Fabregas was a ghost. I'm surprised how much criticism Bakayoko is getting while Fabregas' thread has no comments or criticism. 

8 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

Sms is not really someone who will dictate the tempo though and I feel that is our biggest need right now. How about Oliver Torres or Seri?

Seri is great, but not sure about Torres. To me he was always as someone who could be much better, but never realy impressed when he was supposed to.

Another one I look very close is Merino. Nufc just bought him from BvB, but he is some serious serious potential IMO. Very allround, technical, good passer and evenly good in defense. Working under Rafa isnt something to be underestimated either, maybe he found himself next Xabi.

Another one with great potential is Weigl.

But my two cents, if we gonna play with 3 midfielders (Kante, Baka, playmaker), 3 man defense should be abandoned. 3:5:2 offers so little proper width and no wingers, apart from fullbacks. I realy like 3:4:3 though, but you cant play 3 midfielders there.

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Seri is great, but not sure about Torres. To me he was always as someone who could be much better, but never realy impressed when he was supposed to.

Another one I look very close is Merino. Nufc just bought him from BvB, but he is some serious serious potential IMO. Very allround, technical, good passer and evenly good in defense. Working under Rafa isnt something to be underestimated either, maybe he found himself next Xabi.

Another one with great potential is Weigl.

But my two cents, if we gonna play with 3 midfielders (Kante, Baka, playmaker), 3 man defense should be abandoned. 3:5:2 offers so little proper width and no wingers, apart from fullbacks. I realy like 3:4:3 though, but you cant play 3 midfielders there.

How has Merino been doing for Newcastle this season?

4 hours ago, positivefootball said:

Kante looks worse with Cesc but not as much as Bakayoko. Right now we are playing with nobody in midfield. He is just awful for the past few games and theres no excuse.

There’s no excuse? Guy was carrying an injury (but still played because the team has no CMs) and has had no pre season coming off a pretty big injury that he tried to manage for almost half a season. Take that into consideration and also take into consideration that he was playing next to a defensive liability in Cesc. 

Irrational criticism. 

I don't think he was that bad, even when I said I miss Matić. :D The way he shields ball sometimes is just immense. I can see already what kind of players he could develop into - good player, but the one which will require our wing-backs to be much much better in offense, i.e. our wing-backs not to be Alonso and Moses.

Can't see him becoming world beater, but could easily become more important player for us than either of our wing-backs.

4 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

How has Merino been doing for Newcastle this season?

Average in the beggining, but realy kicked on soon after. Best player for Nufc. Kid is realy all round, he got good eye for pass, he works hard and very neat on the ball.

1 minute ago, BlueLyon said:

Average in the beggining, but realy kicked on soon after. Best player for Nufc. Kid is realy all round, he got good eye for pass, he works hard and very neat on the ball.

So he is more of an all rounder rather than a playmaker?