Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

On 06. 09. 2017. at 0:03 AM, TheWiz said:

Bakayoko is not even the D of the Dribbler that Matic is.

Matic is a fleet-footed Marshall of the Game while Bakayoko is a stomping Labourer.

Both Players have their Qualities. Matic is gone and not even worth mentioning.

Bakayoko is here. A good signing so far and I hope Conte solves the Linup Puzzle before the Season turns into that delicate Phase where every single Point counts.

It goes like this I think:1. Messi 2. Hazard 3. Verratti/Isco 4. Neymar 5. Matić ... 55. Bakayoko

I so much totally agree!

I can't believe how lucky we are to have upgraded our midfield so greatly in just one transfer window. Both Danny and Baka are so much better than Matic it does not reall seem right to call them replacements. They offer so much more in terms of skill, movement, passing and dribbling that I expect our game to become much more fluent. Also we can counter more efficiently now as less balls will get directly lost again because of Matics wayward touches and inaccurate passing. There is no more slowing the game down because of his one sidedness but more Danny or Baka carrying the ball forward with their decisive runs. Also I think we will concede less needless fouls because some Serbian beanpole sticks out his twiggy legs to hurt people with his pointy bones.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I can't believe how lucky we are to have upgraded our midfield so greatly in just one transfer window. Both Danny and Baka are so much better than Matic it does not reall seem right to call them replacements. They offer so much more in terms of skill, movement, passing and dribbling that I expect our game to become much more fluent. Also we can counter more efficiently now as less balls will get directly lost again because of Matics wayward touches and inaccurate passing. There is no more slowing the game down because of his one sidedness but more Danny or Baka carrying the ball forward with their decisive runs. Also I think we will concede less needless fouls because some Serbian beanpole sticks out his twiggy legs to hurt people with his pointy bones.

Upgrade? I'm sorry but how can you say we've upgraded on someone who was key to both our title wins in the last three years with Bakayoko who has played maybe 120 minutes of football for Chelsea? Just severely insane to even consider that, also on Drinkwater too I don't see him as a huge improvement on Nathaniel Chalobah like some are saying, yet alone even being close to Matic.

Matic was one of the midfielders in our squad who would play the ball forward quick, far quicker than Mikel, Romeu, Kante, Meireles, Essien and whoever else has played in that sort of deeper MF role in the last 5 years. It's no surprise Matic is already a key figure at United, he has freed up Pogba and given United a solid base in MF and I fear that we made a huge mistake selling him to a rival. 

Fair enough Bakayoko is a good player with potential but to say we've upgraded on somebody who was extremely key to both our title successes in the last 3 years, without him having played more than one full game, is ludicrous by all accounts. Kante got all the plaudits last year but the "wayward, inaccurate and slow" partner he had next to him was equally good I thought, playing to the standards he showed when he arrived back from Benfica. The rumour was that Conte didnt even want to sell him at all never mind to Man United.

3 hours ago, El P. said:

It goes like this I think:1. Messi 2. Hazard 3. Verratti/Isco 4. Neymar 5. Matić ... 55. Bakayoko

I so much totally agree!

Lmfao this post should be nominated for biggest load of shit of the year. You would win hands down.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Upgrade? I'm sorry but how can you say we've upgraded on someone who was key to both our title wins in the last three years with Bakayoko who has played maybe 120 minutes of football for Chelsea? Just severely insane to even consider that, also on Drinkwater too I don't see him as a huge improvement on Nathaniel Chalobah like some are saying, yet alone even being close to Matic.

Matic was one of the midfielders in our squad who would play the ball forward quick, far quicker than Mikel, Romeu, Kante, Meireles, Essien and whoever else has played in that sort of deeper MF role in the last 5 years. It's no surprise Matic is already a key figure at United, he has freed up Pogba and given United a solid base in MF and I fear that we made a huge mistake selling him to a rival. 

Fair enough Bakayoko is a good player with potential but to say we've upgraded on somebody who was extremely key to both our title successes in the last 3 years, without him having played more than one full game, is ludicrous by all accounts. Kante got all the plaudits last year but the "wayward, inaccurate and slow" partner he had next to him was equally good I thought, playing to the standards he showed when he arrived back from Benfica. The rumour was that Conte didnt even want to sell him at all never mind to Man United.

Last season matic wasn't key to fuck all, he just got the pleasure of standing next to the player that was.

2 minutes ago, BluesMadLad said:

Last season matic wasn't key to fuck all, he just got the pleasure of standing next to the player that was.

Don't be daft. Kante was great sure but he didn't do it all by himself, Matic was back to the standards he played when he returned from Benfica I thought and also got 7 or 8 assists which for him is pretty impressive. But yet again now he's a United played so I'm not surprised that nobody thinks he was important. Same with Mata.

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Don't be daft. Kante was great sure but he didn't do it all by himself, Matic was back to the standards he played when he returned from Benfica I thought and also got 7 or 8 assists which for him is pretty impressive. But yet again now he's a United played so I'm not surprised that nobody thinks he was important. Same with Mata.

I think it honestly works both ways. Many Chelsea fans might no longer think he's important (not necessarily true, since I've seen plenty expressing their misgivings about the transfer on other sites)....but bloody hell, you see all the trumpeting that goes on in the papers, from pundits and journos, the only thing you keep hearing is how important Matic was.

18 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Lmfao this post should be nominated for biggest load of shit of the year. You would win hands down.

I know - glad I made you laugh, my post was sarcastic of course. :D I just wanted to see what it's like to be The Wiz for a second.

On 7.9.2017 at 8:04 PM, BluesMadLad said:

Of course he was. He nonchalantly walked us to the Title, putting Opponents Midfields into submission almost causally ... While Kante played the Workhorse and got rewarded fore it deservingly.

OneMoSalah is right .. The Subtext of Conte's Statements  when we sold Matic was, that he did not even want him to be sold ... Hence Matic pushed for the Transfer more than anyone else.

I begrudge him fore that. And now we have a Squad Situation with a Replacement that was not even meant to be a Replacement ITFP.

I think Bakayoko will be a huge player for us. He was a bit shaky the first 30 or so for us today, but really grew into the game. Except for some poor passing decisions he was very dominant several times, and created some opportunities all by himself. Give him time to get used to the league and he will form an amazing partnership with Kante. 

Very solid all round display. I love his composure with the ball at his feet. It still remains to be seen how it will work when Conte wants to play a 3-4-3 and everyone is fit. Will he play Bakayoko-Kante there without Fabregas? Where will creativity come from central areas. We shouldn't have to rely on Hazard, Pedro/Willian to do everything.