Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

We will improve quantity, but not quality.

We need Depth, we will get it, and we will probably get 2 WB's who can challenge Alonso and Moses, thats improvement if you ask me

6 minutes ago, lucashm said:

We need Depth, we will get it, and we will probably get 2 WB's who can challenge Alonso and Moses, thats improvement if you ask me

Yes we need depth but before this season we knew that we need to improve our wing backs. By improve I mean to get better players, not the ones who will be back ups. 

Feck take a chill pill. Right now everything is going against us. Injuries, suspensions, small squad, poor fitness. Our best player didnt even feature yet.

I will worry when we will be at our best and still losing games, but when we are in such riggid state, its obvious we wont be playing great. United is in super form, no injuries, players inform, Matic and Lukaku straight impact, swansea and whu were in poor state too. 

If we dont end up winning the league, so be it. Right now we are in transition, just replaced key striker and midfielder with younger dudes and it will take some time. Also for Eden to return from his first major injury in career. 

But we will come back sooner or later.

Just enjoy the road :)

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Feck take a chill pill. Right now everything is going against us. Injuries, suspensions, small squad, poor fitness. Our best player didnt even feature yet.

I will worry when we will be at our best and still losing games, but when we are in such riggid state, its obvious we wont be playing great. United is in super form, no injuries, players inform, Matic and Lukaku straight impact, swansea and whu were in poor state too. 

If we dont end up winning the league, so be it. Right now we are in transition, just replaced key striker and midfielder with younger dudes and it will take some time. Also for Eden to return from his first major injury in career. 

But we will come back sooner or later.

Just enjoy the road :)

Every time we win the title, next season we are in transition :D It shouldn't be like that I suppose.

With the squad we have I would take top 4 now. But we need to win at least League Cup or FA Cup anyway...

If we want to challenge the pl title 

we don't need necessary top players . 

We need top players for UCL only there . 

For pl we need depth. We have good players for PL but not so good to challenge Real ,Bayern,Barca. That's all.

So Baka is starting. His first game with the team is away to Spurs, not the easiest debut.

Can we all agree to go easy on him if he doesnt perform well? He might have been signed a while ago, but he has yet to play regularly with the others, and he just came back from knee surgery. Let's not panic if he looks rusty. 

26 minutes ago, Rekin said:

So Baka is starting. His first game with the team is away to Spurs, not the easiest debut.

Can we all agree to go easy on him if he doesnt perform well? He might have been signed a while ago, but he has yet to play regularly with the others, and he just came back from knee surgery. Let's not panic if he looks rusty. 

Also I want to add it now before anyone will mention him- fully fit Matic didn't do well against Dembele and Wanyama either.

For  player who had no pre-season and is not fully fit, he done very well and lasted the 90 mins. Sometimes conceded cheap free kicks however showed a lot of pace and power and once he is fully fit, is going to be a big hit here.

He definitely needs to get used to the League and Conte's ideas but he will get there, not one doubt. He already showed a couple of times what he is capable of. The runs through the midfield like a knife through a butter. Looking forward to his progress!

I was expecting a bit more from him when we were defending, but ok, he needs time. It's good that he is back and ready to play. For how much he trained with the team and how fit he is, he did good today. Good luck!

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

People need to take into account the circumstances. No preseason, very first ever game with new teammates, huge rival, arguably the best midfield in the league, and coming off a bad injury. All that considered he did well. Showed a few flashes of his power and made a couple of surging runs. He gave away some silly fouls but that will sharpen up.

I feel like he'll form an awesome partnership with Kante going forward. They cover every blade of grass.

and 4 new players in first XI

If he hadn't just come off an operation, had had a full pre-season with the team and would be fitter, then I'd be calling that performance underwhelming. But considering the circumstances, I'm just happy he made it through the full 90 unscathed.

25 minutes ago, manpe said:

If he hadn't just come off an operation, had had a full pre-season with the team and would be fitter, then I'd be calling that performance underwhelming. But considering the circumstances, I'm just happy he made it through the full 90 unscathed.

Indeed. Just imagine once he's fully fit! Could end up doing Kante-esque crazy things.