test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

1,324 posts in this topic
On 11/22/2018 at 4:39 AM, mccg said:

There's no debate.  That video looked better than most of his matches here, but it's still full of taking too many touches and late tackles.  He would be even worse under Sarri-ball.  No debate, he can leave.  I wish him all the best, nothing against him personally.  But, it would be better for his career to be at a different club.

OneMoSalah, the wes and Johnnyeye like this

8 hours ago, the wes said:

I hope he keep up the form so we can get our money back on him 

Yes, and I really do wish him well, I loved his attitude even when he was getting (rightly so) shit on all over.

Fucking shame he didnt work out here:(

Johnnyeye likes this

despite his recent improvement im afraid his time at Chelsea is done, cant see him coming back here, altough i would like if it worked out for him here, not sure if he would fit in to Sarri's football, but if he comes back a much improved footballer i dont see why not it cant work out. We'll see what happens at the end of the season, if Milan want to keep him or not, we can try to recoup most of the money we spent on him. I wish him all the best regardless, i dont blame him for his failure at Chelsea, i blame our stupid board and the way he was handled here.

Beigl likes this

No man of the match awards could do him enough justice, he's like Alonso, very average and if we are to kick on and be anything like we should he shouldn't be coming back here.

This is the problem now, we are lagging behind City due to the sheer average players we buy, have hanging around or out on loan.

Trim the shite out of the team and buy the quality needed for fucks sake.

manpe, kellzfresh, Johnnyeye and 1 other like this

8 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

not sure if he would fit in to Sarri's football, but if he comes back a much improved footballer i dont see why not it cant work out.

I on the other hand don't see how it CAN work out. He is not a player for teams who want to play quick possession football. I have seen enough of him to know that even if he does generally improve dramatically, his characteristics and playing style anyway aren't suitable for a team that wants to play on the front foot. A player so technically lacking at that age will never improve to required levels.

Johnnyeye and Tomo like this

I am his biggest fan right now, don't want him back at Chelsea but every good performance makes it more likely we recoup this disaster signing. 

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this

Only on talk chelsea folks compare Bakayoko with Alonso... :rolleyes:

Bakayoko has no first touch, which is the reason he needs to go to a place where he has the time to chase the ball after his "first touch" fails.

Johnnyeye likes this

10 hours ago, Special Juan said:

No man of the match awards could do him enough justice, he's like Alonso, very average and if we are to kick on and be anything like we should he shouldn't be coming back here.

This is the problem now, we are lagging behind City due to the sheer average players we buy, have hanging around or out on loan.

Trim the shite out of the team and buy the quality needed for fucks sake.

while you are spot on with point 2 and 3, I do not quite like the comparison to Alonso. Alonso is just a below-average defender who likes to hang around the opposition's box and thus happens to score or assist goals every once in  a while. Then he gets his Motm and everyone is talking what a great leftback he is. And that is because he is ok at scoring goals for a defender but moreso because every pundit out there is too lazy to assess a what a left-back actually has to do in a game when most oppositions we play are too shit to actually exploit his torrid tactical game. Bakayoko on the other hand actually gets those MOTM awards for the player he acutally is supposed to be. A combative DM. So as Baka, opposite to Alonso, actually has the necessary skills to be good at his job but has a different problem - he is a confidence player. Remember those 10m passes he put out for a throw in under no pressure or those extremely late tackles? Cant tell me is not capable of doing these things right. He just was too afraid. ACtually he is more like Morata. Both more or less have the physical and techncial qualities for their positions but blow hot and cold because of their mental consitution. And with both being in their mid 20ies i think it is too late to expect a quick fix to that. Football is a business where young men have to be able to withstand a certain kind of pressure. Make a decision in no time and execute it perfectly with millions watching. Few people are cut out for this and it is only natural many guys never really adapt to it. 

Moreover, I think the problem with both of them also is that even if there was some magic trick to fix their confidence issues forever and Baka and Morata were always on top form, IMO they still would be just about good enough. When we recall Morata's and Bakas best matches against oppositions who actually put on a fight not sth like that game were we waltzed Stoke from minute 1, were they really brilliant? IMO they weren't. Say Morata vs ManU when he scored the winner or Baka vs Atletico away. Thsoe were good performances but if that is the best you can get out of them on top form IMO that is not enough. 

On 12/4/2018 at 0:47 PM, Magic Lamps said:

while you are spot on with point 2 and 3, I do not quite like the comparison to Alonso. Alonso is just a below-average defender who likes to hang around the opposition's box and thus happens to score or assist goals every once in  a while. Then he gets his Motm and everyone is talking what a great leftback he is. And that is because he is ok at scoring goals for a defender but moreso because every pundit out there is too lazy to assess a what a left-back actually has to do in a game when most oppositions we play are too shit to actually exploit his torrid tactical game. Bakayoko on the other hand actually gets those MOTM awards for the player he acutally is supposed to be. A combative DM. So as Baka, opposite to Alonso, actually has the necessary skills to be good at his job but has a different problem - he is a confidence player. Remember those 10m passes he put out for a throw in under no pressure or those extremely late tackles? Cant tell me is not capable of doing these things right. He just was too afraid. ACtually he is more like Morata. Both more or less have the physical and techncial qualities for their positions but blow hot and cold because of their mental consitution. And with both being in their mid 20ies i think it is too late to expect a quick fix to that. Football is a business where young men have to be able to withstand a certain kind of pressure. Make a decision in no time and execute it perfectly with millions watching. Few people are cut out for this and it is only natural many guys never really adapt to it. 

for the record I completely disagree about your description of alonso. Not really debating your opinion of him as a player. Though I also strongly disagree that Bakayoko has the necessary skills, which he does not: for the very technical modern game.

To me it is as clear as day that Alonso is a left midfielder. Was with Conte and still is in Sarri's system. No he does not roam around the opposition box like a striker. :) Merely watching him play, or might want to check his heatmap too https://twitter.com/fplchampion/status/1033764598351110146, and it becomes obvious he's always in midfield. Not doing overlaps for crosses, but linking up between the CMs and the AMs.

Our system is very well defined and old as fuck: one left back joins in the middle as an additional midfielder to populate the area, while the other sits back and joins the defense line as a 3rd CB. First time I've seen this was in the 90s (implemented by Scolari :)).

6 hours ago, Vesper said:

Sell sell sell

Don't know how much truth in this story back in August? Wasnt there a £5 mill loan fee also ?So we would get most of our money back with that 1 ...if it goes down.

Chelsea transfer news: Blues risk £13m LOSS with deal agreed
CHELSEA could make a £13m loss on flop signing Tiemoue Bakayoko if the player joins AC Milan this summer.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1000732/Chelsea-transfer-news-Tiemoue-Bakayoko-AC-Milan

Johnnyeye and Vesper like this