test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

1,295 posts in this topic
4 hours ago, Jason said:

Putting Bakayoko in the same bracket as Mbappe and Bernardo seems like an insult to those two. They might not have been WOW this season but they certainly have been nowhere near as bad as Bakayoko. 

Putting words in my mouth Jase, wasn’t putting them in the same bracket, obviously Bakayoko has been the worse out of the lot by far. Stating the obvious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Might be up there largely down to his price tag, but he's certainly not our worst player and shouldn't come into that bracket on performances alone.

 

Boulahrouz & Djilobodji are two that come to mind instead.

 

If those two got the unconditional chances Torres got by the law of averages they would have had a couple of great games/moments.

Factoring in price tag, performances and the sheer negative impact on the club, Torres is unlikely to be trumped for a very very long time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Putting words in my mouth Jase, wasn’t putting them in the same bracket, obviously Bakayoko has been the worse out of the lot by far. Stating the obvious. 

You insinuated it when you said "most of the Monaco players have been pretty underwhelming in a sense (Mbappe, Bakayoko, Bernardo)". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jason said:

You insinuated it when you said "most of the Monaco players have been pretty underwhelming in a sense (Mbappe, Bakayoko, Bernardo)". 

Key words “in a sense”? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Tomo said:

How did we fail him? We gave him chance after chance after chance, fans kept making excuse after excuse after excuse, he had players more suitable to his game signed for him yet was still crap. Factoring everything in he's the worst player in our history.

Wehave had a few players that also had them same chances that failed to live upto their hype and then they do good at abother club. You know that if/when a manager takes a player under his wing, shows him appreciation, blows smoke up his arse then that player will do much better.

I know that in this day of millionaire kids driving round in high end sports cars that more players now have bigger egoes and weaker characters. I know as professionals they should be able to just get out of bed and be shit hot but it takes much more than just being good at what they do. If a team are happy and enjoy playing together they dont need to cost £100mill to win things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



If those two got the unconditional chances Torres got by the law of averages they would have had a couple of great games/moments.
Factoring in price tag, performances and the sheer negative impact on the club, Torres is unlikely to be trumped for a very very long time.


He earned his chances solely on his past. It didn't go to plan for sure and waste of money looking at it now. However, most will remember him for his goal that paved the way for us to win our CL title in the immediate future.

Morata could certainly trump him, if we are discussing the same things a year from now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Wehave had a few players that also had them same chances that failed to live upto their hype and then they do good at abother club. You know that if/when a manager takes a player under his wing, shows him appreciation, blows smoke up his arse then that player will do much better.

I know that in this day of millionaire kids driving round in high end sports cars that more players now have bigger egoes and weaker characters. I know as professionals they should be able to just get out of bed and be shit hot but it takes much more than just being good at what they do. If a team are happy and enjoy playing together they dont need to cost £100mill to win things.

No player got the sheer amount of chances Torres got, he even got unconditional 90 minutes for 6 months and that was after 18 months of being crap. There's giving players a chance then there's what we did for Torres.

31 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

He earned his chances solely on his past. It didn't go to plan for sure and waste of money looking at it now. However, most will remember him for his goal that paved the way for us to win our CL title in the immediate future.

Morata could certainly trump him, if we are discussing the same things a year from now.

 

I see Bosingwa as the hero of that moment, as he was the one who made the tie saving contribution (funnily enough through a Nando mistake).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I see Bosingwa as the hero of that moment, as he was the one who made the tie saving contribution (funnily enough through a Nando mistake).


Goals win games after all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Key words “in a sense”? 

You still dump them all together...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LAM09 said:


 

 


Goals win games after all emoji2.png

 

As did a last ditch interception that prevented a 2 on 1 vs Cech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Ah, it wasn’t even a YouTube thing. Bakayoko looks 1/10th the player he was at Monaco unfortunately. Tbh, most of the Monaco players have been pretty underwhelming in a sense (Mbappe, Bakayoko, Bernardo). 

It's hard to believe that it is even the same player (Bakayoko). Bernardo hasn't really been given a proper go yet though has he? From what I have seen of him he has been tidy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LAM09 said:

 

 

 

 

 

Might be up there largely down to his price tag, but he's certainly not our worst player and shouldn't come into that bracket on performances alone.

 

Boulahrouz & Djilobodji are two that come to mind instead.

 

Don't forget, or rather forget:D

Bernard Lambourde and Winston Bogarde

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Boulahrouz & Djilobodji are two that come to mind instead.

Papy played like 1 game for us :lol: Shouldn't even be in discussion, no sample size. He was just a ridiculous signing and that's it.

11Drogba likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Papy played like 1 game for us  Shouldn't even be in discussion, no sample size. He was just a ridiculous signing and that's it.

That says enough. He was out of his depth

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LAM09 said:

He earned his chances solely on his past. It didn't go to plan for sure and waste of money looking at it now. However, most will remember him for his goal that paved the way for us to win our CL title in the immediate future.

Morata could certainly trump him, if we are discussing the same things a year from now.

 

I know Torres scoring that goal at the Camp Nou was a great moment but I find it ridiculous that the goal has been talked a lot more than Drogba's equalizer in the final or even the fact that Torres won the corner that led to the equalizer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jason said:

You still dump them all together...

They all left Monaco last season no? The overall point is that none have had as big as an impact as they were expected to. Obviously Bakayoko has been the most underwhelming by far. 

manpe and 11Drogba like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I know Torres scoring that goal at the Camp Nou was a great moment but I find it ridiculous that the goal has been talked a lot more than Drogba's equalizer in the final or even the fact that Torres won the corner that led to the equalizer!
It was because of where it was scored and the predicament we were in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LAM09 said:
2 hours ago, Jason said:
I know Torres scoring that goal at the Camp Nou was a great moment but I find it ridiculous that the goal has been talked a lot more than Drogba's equalizer in the final or even the fact that Torres won the corner that led to the equalizer!

It was because of where it was scored and the predicament we were in.

Yes but that goal didn't change the result, did it? It merely confirmed our spot in the final. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.