Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

2 hours ago, the wes said:

Thanks for info me mate 👍 some lads on this forum are childish I didn't know saying (are)  instead of (our) is a crime it must make OhForAGreavsie brave mocking someone who has learning difficulties like myself I think hes piss off Cause I don't rely to him nomore 

Of course it's not a crime and how did I mock you tw? I just asked a question. Respectfully.

3 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

why does everyone make him out to be kind of the lukaku of midfielders? How on earth is 184cm/6ft big? That is like average height in urban Germany for men in their 20s. And he is not really muscular either. Decent build but how does that translate to ball carrying ability?. When you are shit on the ball you can be as big as you want you will get dispossessed every time. maybe he is able to transalte his athleticism into ball carrying ability and functional strength but that is a different story. Size for sure should not be the argument to buy him. 

I never said size was a reason to buy him what I said is for big guy he's very good at carrying the ball at his feet. I never once said he was shit on the ball 

As much as some people prefer Tolisso (Me being one) clearly Conte values him highly and as i said in previous posts he has a Dembele-esque quality to his ball carrying which gives us a weapon we do not currently posses. If we close this deal I am very intrigued by the possibility of Bakayoko/Kante partnership, He has room to continue to mature and develop he is by no means a finished product but what he is at the moment is a very talented physical player who I think makes us better (only by a little) immediately. 

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

I never said size was a reason to buy him what I said is for big guy he's very good at carrying the ball at his feet. I never once said he was shit on the ball 

Alright mate, then I misunderstood you. I also think he is quite decent at carrying the ball and can still get better. 

3 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Creative limitations? We hardly struggled to break down low blocks last season did we? We were quite good at it. Hence why we went on a 13 math unbeaten run. We lose the midfield in big games, and Baka has probably been singled out to help rectify that. We need more physicality in midfield against the bigger teams because Matic isn't physically imposing at all, nor is Kante. 

The creativity coming from our wing backs and inside forwards are more important than creativity coming from CM. This is why it's important for In Conte's system, the CMs are the engine room. This is why I think someone like Semedo would be the best signing we could make this summer. 

Exactly this. The way we play is meant for us to dominate the middle, break up attacks of the opponent and counter. The CM's are not expected nor asked for to be virtuosos. The wing backs and the front three provide the attacking movement, so if we want to improve at that end of the field, it is those positions that we need to upgrade.

I have to say though, a 3-5-2 with James in front of Baka and Kante would be very, very interesting. Say what you want about James, but his left foot is truly magical. 

1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

Alright mate, then I misunderstood you. I also think he is quite decent at carrying the ball and can still get better. 

Sorry in UK when I say he can't half carry the ball that means he's very good at it lmao no problems tho pal 

Nainggolan and Tolisso were just examples my friend. They were the sort of players we needed and not another defensive minded player lacking in ball playing ability. Baka will improve but how much? Only time will tell, for our sake, I hope he improves exponentially.

I wonder when Chelsea supporters are gonna accept the fact we don't play possession based football?

We play on the counter, with bakayoko and Kante we will be formidable in winning the ball back and transitioning into attack quickly. It's precisely what Monaco did with incredible success last season with Tiemoue central in it.

In my opinion I think you need workers who can cover a lot of ground in the midfield. The most important area on the pitch id like to see us add quality is at wingback. The middle of the pitch is often way too congested to allow for creativity to flow. Out wide the hope is we can create mismatches and pull the defenders into positions they aren't comfortable.

I will only get worried about our signings if we don't sign an influential wb/fb/w

Creative limitations? We hardly struggled to break down low blocks last season did we? We were quite good at it. Hence why we went on a 13 match unbeaten run. We lose the midfield in big games, and Baka has probably been singled out to help rectify that. We need more physicality in midfield against the bigger teams because Matic isn't physically imposing at all, nor is Kante. 
The creativity coming from our wing backs and inside forwards are more important than creativity coming from CM. This is why it's important for in Conte's system, the CMs are the engine room. This is why I think someone like Semedo would be the best signing we could make this summer. 

100%

This is precisely what I feel Conte is trying to get across but some people seem to think the best way to better a 93 pt season is to have attack minded players in the centre of the pitch.... it's so obvious that the teams that do well in world football have the best creative options in wide areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

100%

This is precisely what I feel Conte is trying to get across but some people seem to think the best way to better a 93 pt season is to have attack minded players in the centre of the pitch.... it's so obvious that the teams that do well in world football have the best creative options in wide areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is not true, the best in the world can do both.

Real- They have Kroos and Modric

Juventus- Pjanic

Bayern- Thiago, Alonso(now retired)

Barca- Ineista who has declined tbh, this is why they are desperate to sign Verratti.

Also how freaking ridiculous is it that whenever someone mentions that we need more creativity and intelligence in midfield, you get the typical stupid replay "we will never be like Barcelona or play possession based football." creative midfielders are not exclusive to Barcelona. At Juventus Conte had Pirlo, Dortmund had Gundogan/Sahin, Alti had Gabi andKoke who drifted to CM from LM. Those are the list of the teams who were wildly known for their ability on the counter, see not exclusive to Barcelona.

This logical fallacy reminds me a noob going to the gym and saying he doesn't want to lift weights because he doesn't want to be bulky like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Completely insane.

3 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Juventus- Pjanic

Barca- Ineista who has declined tbh, this is why they are desperate to sign Verratti.

Also how freaking ridiculous is it that whenever someone mentions that we need more creativity and intelligence in midfield, you get the typical stupid replay "we will never be like Barcelona or play possession based football." creative midfielders are not exclusive to Barcelona. At Juventus Conte had Pirlo, Dortmund had Gundogan/Sahin, Alti had Gabi andKoke who drifted to CM from LM. Those are the list of the teams who were wildly known for their ability on the counter, see not exclusive to Barcelona.

This logical fallacy reminds me a noob going to the gym and saying he doesn't want to lift weights because he doesn't want to be bulky like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Completely insane.

Conte system put much reponsible on the wing back to attach, so if we need atk quality it should come from these positions, sandro?

midfield 1st foremost duty is to protect the back three. sometimes i don't even know why matic is there when he offered nothing, it's so frustrated watching him running around like some headless chickens, losing dangerous ball.

12 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Juventus- Pjanic

You can't win the league playing exclusively on the counter. Truth is, in the course of the season we're going to play more games trying to open up teams rather than the opposite. The idea that this team is creative enough because of how successfull we've been is a very lazy thought.

Last season, the team benefited from the change in system to take the other teams by surprise and they took time to adapt which resulted in 13 wins in a row. After that spell, it was really difficult to close out games and the introduction of Fabregas helped ease the issue. We saved many games scoring from set-pieces and/or very late in the game,

The key of the success of Conte's system was that he could afford to play many defensive minded players and still be a big threat offensively because the individual talent of Diego Costa and Eden Hazard made the difference. 1 of those 2 is more likely leaving and the second needs to perform at an even higher level now to make up for it knowing we have more games to play with Champions Leaugue. Also stats proved that the team overperformed in terms of expected goals which is likely to drop next season. The role of Fabregas is still unknown and he's not guaranteed to stay either. I don't know if Bakayoko is his replacement or Matic's but he doesn't possess the creativity of any of them.

23 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

You can't win the league playing exclusively on the counter. Truth is, in the course of the season we're going to play more games trying to open up teams rather than the opposite. The idea that this team is creative enough because of how successfull we've been is a very lazy thought.

Last season, the team benefited from the change in system to take the other teams by surprise and they took time to adapt which resulted in 13 wins in a row. After that spell, it was really difficult to close out games and the introduction of Fabregas helped ease the issue. We saved many games scoring from set-pieces and/or very late in the game,

The key of the success of Conte's system was that he could afford to play many defensive minded players and still be a big threat offensively because the individual talent of Diego Costa and Eden Hazard made the difference. 1 of those 2 is more likely leaving and the second needs to perform at an even higher level now to make up for it knowing we have more games to play with Champions Leaugue. Also stats proved that the team overperformed in terms of expected goals which is likely to drop next season. The role of Fabregas is still unknown and he's not guaranteed to stay either. I don't know if Bakayoko is his replacement or Matic's but he doesn't possess the creativity of any of them.

F4 has stated that he will stay to fight and conte is in no rush to push him out, so yes he will unless there is silly money offer.

I don't know why people are quick to assume that we will sell either matic or f4 while i haven't seen any official bids for them. Can we jus rotate with using both of them?

who said conte's gonna stick with 343. Conte first preferred formation was 424 but he changed since it's a failure.

and 352 was not always juve formation from conte's days, it was 433 or something, they just play this way after conte got a fully knowledge of the team, figured it would suit his players best then went with it.

so 343 is not the only formation written in stone. 

Attacking creativity from the wing backs isn't enough. You gotta have someone to break teams down when they are setup to defend. Sometimes that one beautiful pass is all you need to win a game, and as for now in our playing 11 there is not a single guy capable of doing that. Either play Fabregas or find some other creative midfielder suited for the job. But a team of Bakayoko/ Matic and Kante won't win you matches in the long run.

9 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

F4 has stated that he will stay to fight and conte is in no rush to push him out, so yes he will unless there is silly money offer.

I don't know why people are quick to assume that we will sell either matic or f4 while i haven't seen any official bids for them. Can we jus rotate with using both of them?

who said conte's gonna stick with 343. Conte first preferred formation was 424 but he changed since it's a failure.

and 352 was not always juve formation from conte's days, it was 433 or something, they just play this way after conte got a fully knowledge of the team, figure it suit his players best then go with it.

so 343 is not the only formation written in stone. 

Fabregas said he was not certain to stay and I don't think he wants to spend another season on the bench. Him and Matic want to be starters. If Bakayoko is coming and Kante is guaranteed starter I think one of them might leave if they don't get word that they're in the coach's plan.

Honestly, I have no idea what we're up to but it's looking like we're aiming towards something different than last season. I think we will have a clearer picture at the end of the transfer window.