Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

1 hour ago, Artandur said:

Everybody seems to have this opinion. Curious which of matic' traits you guys feel we'd be missing in that scenario? I feel after we played nearly the whole season with matic-kanté, that antonio would definitely see bakayoko-kanté as an option ?

To me it seems that Conte only played Matic-Kante because there were no better alternatives within the squad. Surely he won't do it for another season. On the other hand, Conte had to play 3-4-3 because the wingbacks we had were mediocre and for 3-5-2 you really need to have extremely good wingbacks or otherwise the whole system falls apart. The whole 3-4-3 was a huge compromise on all levels and it still worked amazingly well. Let's see what Conte can do next season if the board will buy the players he wants.

2 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

Looks like we've spent 100mil so far and I'm not sure we've improved our squad. 

We will have to play 3-5-2. We need creativity in the center of the pitch. Cannot play 3-4-3 with Kante and Babayoko.

2 minutes ago, Tautvix said:

We will have to play 3-5-2. We need creativity in the center of the pitch. Cannot play 3-4-3 with Kante and Babayoko.

We played it with Matic, we'll play it with Baka. 352 has no room for Eden. 

9 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

Looks like we've spent 100mil so far and I'm not sure we've improved our squad. 

Bit harsh. Bakayoko is definitely an improvement on Matic while Matic, if he stays, will be a good squad option to have. 

Lukaku for Costa is indeed more of a sideway step but he is younger, arguably a bit more prolific and there really aren't that many viable striker options on the market. 

(I still prefer Morata over Lukaku but i've made my peace with it)

8 minutes ago, Chelsea? said:

We played it with Matic, we'll play it with Baka. 352 has no room for Eden. 

I don't understand why people say Hazard can't play in a 3-5-2 ?

Hazard + striker (Lukaku probably) with a 3 man midfield of Bakayoko-Fabregas-Kante looks good to me. 

I probably wouldnt expect Bakayoko to bring better possession than Matic. Hopefully more solid (but that's because I wasn't impressed with matic defensively towards the end of the season) but we will still suffer as team, as Conte would say. Tottenham, Arsenal and United will still dominate the midfield. City will ofcourse, but I have no problems with sitting back and hitting on the counter. But we should look to he a team than can do both against the best teams. Not give up the middle of the park against arsenal. I hope that's the next stage in our development. But that won't happen next season with a Bakayoko/ Kante duo and Lukaku upfront. 

I agree with some than Bakayoko isn't the end of the world. A 352 with cesc (or Tolisso :'( ) with Hazard as second striker/no.10 would be able to dominate the midfield against tottenham and arsenal. But as people have pointed out, you need quality WB. YOU RELY ON THEM. Alonso is ok, but probably not good enough. I don't think it would be a disaster. Moses on the other hand. Fuck that. Im going on a limb, the guy hasn't just surpassed Mikel and Kalou as frustratingly annoying, he's left them in his rear view mirror. Reduce him to a bench player for crying out loud and get a quality replacement. Then our options and formations become much more fluid and we will be dangerous next season. 

9 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I probably wouldnt expect Bakayoko to bring better possession than Matic. Hopefully more solid (but that's because I wasn't impressed with matic defensively towards the end of the season) but we will still suffer as team, as Conte would say. Tottenham, Arsenal and United will still dominate the midfield. City will ofcourse, but I have no problems with sitting back and hitting on the counter. But we should look to he a team than can do both against the best teams. Not give up the middle of the park against arsenal. I hope that's the next stage in our development. But that won't happen next season with a Bakayoko/ Kante duo and Lukaku upfront. 

I agree with some than Bakayoko isn't the end of the world. A 352 with cesc (or Tolisso :'( ) with Hazard as second striker/no.10 would be able to dominate the midfield against tottenham and arsenal. But as people have pointed out, you need quality WB. YOU RELY ON THEM. Alonso is ok, but probably not good enough. I don't think it would be a disaster. Moses on the other hand. Fuck that. Im going on a limb, the guy hasn't just surpassed Mikel and Kalou as frustratingly annoying, he's left them in his rear view mirror. Reduce him to a bench player for crying out loud and get a quality replacement. Then our options and formations become much more fluid and we will be dangerous next season. 

I think Conte prefers the idea of 343 with two hardworking midfielders just like Kante and Bakayoko. This would give some more freedom to 3 attacking players and we could afford to play someone like Rodriguez or Mahrez alongisde Hazard. I also expect new ball playing center back and new wingback(s) that are cruical to start playing out of defence :) 

The last thing we want is to buy players that Conte can't fit in his tactical system :) I am ok with hitting the best teams on counter as long as we win :P 

A lot of moaning as usual before the player even kicks a ball. He'll be shit (according to the oracles on here) presumably like costa was going to be after the world cup, like alonso last season because he played for Sunderland Etc! Wish we could go and spunk 100 odd million on a global social network superstar like pogba! That would put us in the big time...

43 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

Meh, Baka is really underwhelming on the ball. We were supposed to find a better baller than Kante but we went onto sign an inferior ball player who lacks vision, range and loses the ball in dangerous areas. 

Please, It's not nice to criticize a 22 years old who still has many years left to improve before even giving him a chance. prior to kante transfer to chelsea, he's purely regarded as just another destroyer, now he has became a monster.

and everyone thought victor moses is a failure, a friendly reminder to all.

You guys are so hard to sastify, first you moan because we haven't thrown money around like man city, now you cry out because we bought baka for a bargain price? Can't wait to know how you guys react when baka going to man u. "Our board is shit" "the end of chelsea" "we better relegates now" something dramatic like that? 

7 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

The real winner here is Monaco who is going to make a huge profit on Bakayoko, and replaced him with a player with more potential in Tielemans for half the fee.

Yeah because chelsea needs another so called "potential" but not starter quality. Yep, I'm pretty sure , no argument there.

Just now, mashimaru161 said:

Yeah because chelsea needs another so called "potential" but not starter quality. Yep, I'm pretty sure , no argument there.

This was Bakayoko's first season as a regular for Monaco, how is he any different to Tielemans in that regard? The only difference is that Tiemoue spent 3 seasons at Monaco under Jardim and played with much better players around him. I'm not suggesting we sign Tielemans over Bakayoko. I''m just stating Monaco made a superb business. The player I wanted is Tolisso but that train is gone.