Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

3 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Dahoud is a bit of both really. I don't think I can call him a box to box midfielder (that term has lost its original meaning). I think it's best to call him a central midfielder. 

You have to take Conte's system into consideration. What does he want from his CMs?

I do take Conte's system into consideration of course. But when I see rumours (and I presume they are slightly more than that) of links to Verratti and Dahoud, it leads to believe Conte is slightly more flexible in the qualities he's looking for in Kante's next partner.

How does having a supremely technical CM next to Kante exactly help us not to get dominated vs. the bigger European teams? If that's the case, why don't we just play Fabregas in them?

I'm not sure the point you're making here. The reason why Fabregas doesn't play is because he a has next to zero footballing engine and is constantly cut out by opposition runners in midfield. He just doesn't have the physical attributes to keep up. Dahoud has the engine and the technique? How will that help us? It will certainly help with quicker ball circulation, ability to spot passes quicker and execute them, improve counter attacks, improve our ability to build attacks from the back (when say, Dahoud drops deep like I've seen him do many times Fabregas is terrible this). You're literally asking what benefits does a Kroos/Koke type player have over a Nzonzi/Kondogbia type player? I think it's obvious.

I just feel we don't need what is effectively a defensive midfielder with Kante already there. If Kante is as brilliant as everyone says he is, then we can be a bit more ambitious in choosing his partner? 

People need to look at Conte and see what sort of system he wants to implement. We clearly create far more in the half spaces and out wide than we do from deep in CM.

It has nothing to do with creation but control. We can't pass the ball out of the back vs a good press as some of the top teams have shown. We've struggled to control the midfield away from home in far too many games for my liking since November, becoming a bit of a counter-attacking team. We've invariably won thanks to our superior quality and defending. 

Isn't the very definition of 'a bit of both' box to box? I guess if you wanted a good term for it, I'd call Dahoud a mobile regista. 

We've been rumoured to be after players like Bakayoko more so than the type of players you're looking at. Think Vidal, Nainggolan. Kessie. That's the type of player Conte wants in my mind. N'Zonzi and Kondogbia are DMs. Different profile to Bakayoko. Bakayoko is more akin to Vidal and Nainggolan. 

I don't know how many times I have to say either, but Kante isn't a DM. Kante is a destroyer. He wins the ball all over the pitch, not just in his own half. We don't need a deep lying playmaker when we're playing with 3 CBs, essentially Luiz fulfils that role anyway. 

We haven't struggled in midfield because we don't have a deep playmaker, explain how? Conte's system doesn't really require one to be in midfield. The central midfielders in Conte's system aren't there to 'control' per se. They're there to provide a base for the WBs and forwards to instigate quick attacks. 

You need to understand that Conte's system isn't based on possession. It's based on his style of positional play. And his CMs are more of an engine room than controllers for him. What we really need is better quality in our wing backs and another CB at the back that's comfortable with the ball ahead of Cahill. The problems we had versus City for example wasn't a lack of control in the centre of the pitch. They targeted Alonso and Cahill!

If Conte wants possession he usually introduces a third CM. We can still do that with Cesc. Bakayoko - Fabregas - Kante is a nice midfield. 

At Juventus Conte had Marchisio, Pirlo and Vidal and Pogba. All four are technically gifted players. Put Kante in that group and he's easily the worst technically. Add Bakayoko and the disparity is even worse.  It's not a possession based system but it's not a system of athletic runners either. Bakayoko and Kante is just too much imo but that's just my opinion. I'm interested to see what he actually does. 

all this talk about Bakayoko, when all i dream about is seeing Nainggolan partnering Kante in midfield, and Alexis up top to partner Hazard and Costa, say what you will but this lineup would kick ass in Europe:

Courtois

Azpi       Cahill         Luiz

Moses                                           Alonso

Nainggolan      Kante

Hazard                                           Sanchez

Costa

Now depending on who comes and who leaves, we would have a sick midfield, if Cesc and Matic stick around, and also William and Pedro in attack, add one more signing or 2 for the center back and wing back positions and we are set. I know this is not fantasy football, but we do have the resources to get all our targets, but succeeding in getting them is another story. Cheers

On 01/04/2017 at 1:14 AM, Johnnyeye said:

all this talk about Bakayoko, when all i dream about is seeing Nainggolan partnering Kante in midfield, and Alexis up top to partner Hazard and Costa, say what you will but this lineup would kick ass in Europe:

Courtois

Azpi       Cahill         Luiz

Moses                                           Alonso

Nainggolan      Kante

Hazard                                           Sanchez

Costa

Now depending on who comes and who leaves, we would have a sick midfield, if Cesc and Matic stick around, and also William and Pedro in attack, add one more signing or 2 for the center back and wing back positions and we are set. I know this is not fantasy football, but we do have the resources to get all our targets, but succeeding in getting them is another story. Cheers

I'm begining to think that Radja will actually be coming.

He started off saying he was very comfortable,loved where he was etc. Now hes saying his fave player is Eden and he has friends at Chelsea.

4 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm begining to think that Radja will actually be coming.

He started off saying he was very comfortable,loved where he was etc. Now hes saying his fave player is Eden and he has friends at Chelsea.

i will be over the moon if we manage to bring in Sanchez and Nainggolan

9 minutes ago, blu35_army said:

with these two,,i don't understand if we can't even reach the CL final. so,,let's hope...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

just check my line up in my previous post, pretty sick

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

just check my line up in my previous post, pretty sick

Not at all impressed by that line up. It would achieve barely any more in Europe than any line up we've used this year. Since there is virtually no chance of that XI being our regular starters next season, we'll never know for sure so you and I can just enjoy arguing about it.

• 4 weeks later...

Chelsea are favourites to sign Tiemoué Bakayoko this summer, and Monaco are ready to accept his dream is to play in England. [L'Equipe]

The progress is said to be 'very advanced' and it is Antonio Conte's dream to pair N'Golo Kante and Timoué Bokayoko in midfield. [L'Equipe]

6 hours ago, Pizy said:

Can we just buy half of the Monaco team, please? :P

According to this link Moncao will be selling two players in the summer Bakayoko and B. Sliva I would take both :)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/monaco-will-sell-two-stars-summer-one-going-chelsea/