Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

19 hours ago, Stats said:

You can talk :lol:

Not sure what you mean...I'm the not kind of poster that will be saying bullshit like: Moses is world class, or Matic is te best midfielder in the world or even Hazard is the best in the world after Messi and Ronaldo.  That doesn't me I'm a negative member.

To other side you won't read me writing stuff like: "X" is a piece of shit; Hazard is such a poor guy for playing with such awful players; the board is stupid because the squad is one the worst in the league. This forum is full of this shit in recent times, and its pretty funny that I used to be known as a ultra negative member because I used to say Mikel was an ultra limited player, AVB and RDM were terrible managers and Ancelotti deserved the axe years ago.

4 hours ago, Henrique said:

Not sure what you mean...I'm the not kind of poster that will be saying bullshit like: Moses is world class, or Matic is te best midfielder in the world or even Hazard is the best in the world after Messi and Ronaldo.  That doesn't me I'm a negative member.

To other side you won't read me writing stuff like: "X" is a piece of shit; Hazard is such a poor guy for playing with such awful players; the board is stupid because the squad is one the worst in the league. This forum is full of this shit in recent times, and its pretty funny that I used to be known as a ultra negative member because I used to say Mikel was an ultra limited player, AVB and RDM were terrible managers and Ancelotti deserved the axe years ago.

I was only kidding with you Henrique :D

3 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Screenshot_2017_09_30_11_15_13.png

Screenshot_2017_09_30_11_23_44.png

Screenshot_2017_09_30_11_24_05.png

This is Bakayoko vs casemiro vs Busquets vs Matic. The one in yellow is Matic. It's from squawka site players comparison 

If we go to last season, Herrera had better stats on this website than Kante. And we were making fun of Man Utd fans for that. These stats don't mean anything. Bakayoko hasn't been that impressive at all so far.

It's not only the fact that he was poor against City, but his ball control is just not there. He's young and can improve, but any idea that he'd be an improvement over Matic when going forward can be put to rest.

Baka is better than Matic defensively, but considering that Kante is very strong defensively, I reckon Matic was a better fit for the squad in terms of characteristics.

All in all, I think this last window was a lot worse than I imagined by the lack of movement.

3 hours ago, Robguima said:

It's not only the fact that he was poor against City, but his ball control is just not there. He's young and can improve, but any idea that he'd be an improvement over Matic when going forward can be put to rest.

What is that based off - the game against Man City or the few games he has played so far? He's by no means the finished article and as you alluded to, he's still young. He still has plenty of room for improvement compared to a 29-year-old. We've already seen Kante improve a lot on the ball under Conte and you can bet Bakayoko will follow the same route.

3 hours ago, Robguima said:

Baka is better than Matic defensively, but considering that Kante is very strong defensively, I reckon Matic was a better fit for the squad in terms of characteristics.

How so? Seems like you have forgotten his flaws because he's now no longer with us. Go read his thread and you'll see plenty of valid points on why Matic was by no means perfect.

56 minutes ago, Jason said:

What is that based off - the game against Man City or the few games he has played so far? He's by no means the finished article and as you alluded to, he's still young. He still has plenty of room for improvement compared to a 29-year-old. We've already seen Kante improve a lot on the ball under Conte and you can bet Bakayoko will follow the same route.

How so? Seems like you have forgotten his flaws because he's now no longer with us. Go read his thread and you'll see plenty of valid points on why Matic was by no means perfect.

Not sure what the disagreement is on the first part of the reply: yes based on the few games he's played. I don't need a season to see how a player fares with the ball at his feet. ;)

No Matic was not perfect, but his flaws were covered by Kante; the same way Kante's somewhat hectic and uncomposed game was complemented by matic's slower and more technical handling of the ball. That's why Matic, IMO, was a better partner than Baka is at the moment. Well, I disagree with most of the "valid points" (on Matic) you are referring to, so that's a moot point to me.

People were asking before the season started why actually loosing Matic would matter because of Bakayoko's pending arrival and after seeing his performance vs Man City a few times over, he just doesn't have the technical attributes Matic has.

Matic is no Busquets or Casemiro like I've seen his stats being compared to and also about two seasons ago I'm sure there was plenty members on here saying he was the best DM/top 5 in his position in Europe, which was ludicrous, but technically he is a  sounder operator than Bakayoko is.

I think Baka's physical side is his strongest attributes along with his ability to win the ball back at present: he is mobile, powerful, good at breaking into space, has good stamina but he just lacks that bit of composure when under pressure and that technical skill with the ball which Matic has (despite this Matic is still quite limited also) but ultimately this is what we could of done with in the middle of the park playing against City and their high energy pressing, a little bit of composure. Although again he came on against Arsenal and took the game by the scruff of the neck, so perhaps just an off day but still think he can improve how he uses and is with the ball. And teams will look to press us after seeing that match I'm sure.

Although I'm positive it will come, Bakayoko is by no means poor technically and playing every week at Chelsea against teams who will mix it up between sitting off and pressing will give him the chance to improve these aspects. I've been quite impressed at times by aspects of his performances, winning the ball back especially, some of his distribution has been good, his cameo against Arsenal was excellent and his performance against Atletico as well.

There is potential there, for somebody who could grow to a Patrick Viera-esque sort of player (although I can't imagine he will go on to be as good as him, few will), very rounded, powerful and dominant midfield player but he will have to improve.

He has the composure of an overused gym sock, and that's been the case for his entire Monaco career it seems. It's like he plays each game on 5 shots of coffee.
The main reason I wanted Fabinho over here instead of this transfer was because of the mental game; because I'd had enough braindead Chelsea players who can't see the game 2, 3 plays from now, nevermind lacking the ability to execute the right move anyway. 

Ludicrous to even once consider comparing him to Yaya Toure, who funnily enough was far more in the ilk of Fabinho. On their best days, they both shoot very well, pass very well, run for the full 90 minutes, and top all that off with composed, leadership-like examples. But Bakayoko? I don't see what he has which Fellaini doesn't; the only differences being Fellaini has a gangly run, and he'll score every 7 or so games.

He is a good player though. Good. Good. If we just want to be good, we've done great.

8 hours ago, Robguima said:

Not sure what the disagreement is on the first part of the reply: yes based on the few games he's played. I don't need a season to see how a player fares with the ball at his feet. 

But conclusively saying Bakayoko would be no improvement on Matic after a few games is silly.

8 hours ago, Robguima said:

No Matic was not perfect, but his flaws were covered by Kante; the same way Kante's somewhat hectic and uncomposed game was complemented by matic's slower and more technical handling of the ball. That's why Matic, IMO, was a better partner than Baka is at the moment. Well, I disagree with most of the "valid points" (on Matic) you are referring to, so that's a moot point to me.

Is it really beneficial to have a player who's slow in passing the ball and capable of using only one foot? Matic may have more technical ability than Bakayoko at this point but the latter is better at beating the pressing game. As we have seen lots of time last season, especially against Spurs, Matic doesn't fare well when being pressed and even struggles physically. Bakayoko, on the other hand, has shown on numerous occasions that he can take the ball and bulldozes his way past people, which is incredibly in driving the opposition back. It is funny that Matic's flaws in this team seem to have been forgotten now that he's no longer playing for us.