Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

Needs to improve his decision making on the ball for this league, particularly when to hold on and when to release the ball. He's losing the ball in dangerous areas way too often. 

Tiemoue Bakayoko vs Stoke City: 44/50 passes completed 5/6 tackles won 2/3 dribbles completed 1 interception 1 assist

This lad is a boss in the middle of the park. Very important to our prospects in the  next two matches. 

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Tiemoue Bakayoko vs Stoke City: 44/50 passes completed 5/6 tackles won 2/3 dribbles completed 1 interception 1 assist

This lad is a boss in the middle of the park. Very important to our prospects in the  next two matches. 

Yeah, I didn't think he was anywhere near as bad as people made him out to be. That perception wore off on me after reading the comments in the game thread. 

I thought he looked nervous with his first touch and that was the only flaw. The reason I don't think he got as much love for the Stoke game is because he didn't make one of his striding runs like he usually does. Game didn't call for it, he played more reserved, and sured up the defensive line very well. Nothing really got past him. 

On 24/09/2017 at 0:05 AM, The Skipper said:

Willian is a player that’s great in the 2nd third of the pitch, bringing the ball into the final third. After that though his brain freezes. He didn't destroy anything imo because he literally just wasted the ball almost every time he got into the final third.

Didn't see Saturday's game so can't comment specifically on that performance but I think your analysis about Willian being best in the middle third is spot on.

Bakayoko has been largely impressive since joining us but he really needs to cut out the tendency to give away cheap fouls in dangerous areas. Gave away a few silly FKs in previous games and today, he committed that second half foul on Torres in the box, which should have been a penalty for Atletico.

Just watching the game again and ok he dwells on the ball a bit too long sometimes but he dominated their midfield with Kante. He slowed down Atletico’s attack numerous times, then started our own, always looking to find a player in an advanced position. 

Bar the penalty mistake, another very positive performance again for me. Not surprised to see that we’re playing much better in big games with him in midfield. That’s what he was brought in for, people forget this. We already look way better in midfield. Kante’s performances are becoming more interesting too because Tiemou is his partner in midfield this season. Mentally, just knowing you have an absolute wall behind, it’s almost like his shackles has been released. License the hunt the ball up the pitch has increased even more. Kante position was often at RF at times in the game. 

My two cents. 

Comparing with the games I saw last season, he is impressing me even more. One thing I was unsure was that he didnt look as dynamic and quick compared to Fabinho. His reactions werent as sharp, but good enough for most ligue 1 teams. He had massive potential, however I didnt expect him to adjust so quickly.

He is a mix of strenght and agility, exactly what we needed. He still dwells on the ball bit too much and I miss more of his dribbling runs forward, but he is fantastic in defense. He realy adjusted to PL, his tackling and interceptions give Kante bit easier job and chance to move forward.